Brake options

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Humpie56
ITRCA Member

Brake options

Post by Humpie56 »

Well in need of new rear brakes. Was looking into Stoptechs Direct Replacement Slotted Rotors they are a decent price just not sure what the Quality of them is? Anyone ever run them??

Also Pad wise was thinking about Hawk HPS like my Del Sol has.
"The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black"-Henry Ford

Built From the Ground Up

Black 01 Acura Integra Type-R B18C5
Dave_B

Re: Brake options

Post by Dave_B »

What do you use the car for?

In all honesty, slotted rotors are mainly for looks. Your not going to get any peformance benefit from them, especially being in the rear.

I run "white box" rotors that can be had for cheap. Most of your braking is in your pads.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Humpie56
ITRCA Member

Post by Humpie56 »

The car is a DD but i do run in the Mountains about once a month with a few roads that are 45 degrees down. Stoptech does offer Cross Drilled for the same price. Should i go with them or just the standard? I do plan on doing the fronts in the next few months but the rear are starting to get close. I can get Stoptech Rotors and Hawk HPS Pads for less then 200 shipped.

Built From the Ground Up

coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Stick with Autozone Duralast rotors. You can get them locally and they will have a two-year no hassle replacement IF you ever have a problem (you won't). Since the car is a DD and this is for the rear, OEM pads ($45) are your best option.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

coolhandluke wrote:Stick with Autozone Duralast rotors. You can get them locally and they will have a two-year no hassle replacement IF you ever have a problem (you won't). Since the car is a DD and this is for the rear, OEM pads ($45) are your best option.
I'd go this route unless you do any serious racing. I'd just resurface the stock rotors (depending on thickness) and get new OEM pads. Can't go wrong with OEM parts!
2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201
http://www.integratyper.org - ITR Registry!
Humpie56
ITRCA Member

Post by Humpie56 »

Well Looks like the Tire Rack beats everyone on price. Autozone and Advance Auto Parts rear rotors are 57.00 each i can get them for 37 from TR and they are a reliable brand "Centric" Plus they have a decent price on the Hawk HPS pads too for 65 (lowest i saw was 63). and i can get them shipped for less then the Local "white-box" rotors and Stock Pads

Built From the Ground Up