allow me to introduce myself!!!

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

allow me to introduce myself!!!

Post by fallen_R »

well my name is santiago, an all around honda enthusiast. and have grown into the honda scene since i was young, hoping that one day i would be able to own an R! and idk if i can finally say that today is the day. unfortunaetly a really good friend of mine owned a PHY ITR and sold it to his girl friend at the time so he could buy an evo, i was very empressed to see that it lasted her almost 2 years, because on sept 4 around the time of 2:30-5:00 it was stolen from the front of her house and she didnt hear the alarm or engine start. she also didnt have full coverage, the found the car the very next day missing what every thief would want to take from the car, except the rear bumper lights and wing (they tried ripping it off) but couldnt get to the trunk because they didnt have keys, they were very ghetto about what they did, well to get to the point the car has a clean title it was just found and sits at the impound waiting for it to be picked up. she gave me the title knowing that i always wanted an R and knows that i have good intentions with the car. i think im going to take the chances and build an R the way i would like. its a long up hill battle but i have faith i can pull it off and the blessings of family and friends who will be there to wrench with me. i found this forums thru google, but i always knew about it because of the famous ITR expo meets you guys have. im hoping to meet great new friends who can bless me with ITR knowledge and can give me construvtive critiscisim rather than just negative. i will pick the car up on friday and park it at home, so friday i will repost bright and early to post pics of how it sits.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: allow me to introduce myself!!!

Post by Doespike »

Welcome to ITRCA :!:

Sorry to hear your friend lost everything because of the theft. Full coverage insurance isn't cheap for these caRs but it is a must. Really sucks.

Congrats though on rebuilding an R!! Glad someone will put it back on the road. I can't wait to see pics of heR and progress updates :) We'll be here to give any help we can.

Does your friend happen to remember the badge # that was on the armrest?
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

thank you, well i will pick it up friday in the condition that it is and i will post up pictures of it in its condition :( like i told them, if it was a regular integra i would have let it stay, but its an R and there was no way in hell i was just gona let it go to waste, a car is somthing material in which like in this situation was stolen, you can always try the best of your ability to put it back together like what im about to embarc in a journey on lol. actually that is a question i wanted to ask, they cant remember the badge number, and i was thinking if we can look it up thru the vin. its somthing that i really wanted to have. all i know is that its a 2000 PHY R. here are pics in the condition it was in.

fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

here is a video when it got tuned at a local speed shop we have over here, it had typical bolt-ons, the car went to 10k easy, but that wasnt safe lol, so he gave it a nice tune, numbers were like 197whp, cant really remember, dont quote me on that. sorry for the crappy video lol.

fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

had another question that i am not to familiar about, i tried using google but couldnt come up with anything, my question was how many PHY ITR were produced in 2000 and in 2001?
Humpie56
ITRCA Member

Post by Humpie56 »

Go to ITRCA Home page and click on FAQ it has all the info need to know about everything on the ITR's.
"The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black"-Henry Ford

Built From the Ground Up

Black 01 Acura Integra Type-R B18C5
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

Humpie56 wrote:Go to ITRCA Home page and click on FAQ it has all the info need to know about everything on the ITR's.
wow, supeR, thanks!!
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

so tomorow is the day ill pick it up, im pretty nervous just by bringing it home, it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up becuase i cant wait to start working on it lol.
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

i looked into the FAQ of intrca.com and didnt find the answer to my question about the ITR badge number, but out of curiosity is it the last 4 numbers of my vin? cuz im guessing that production number when it went ofthe production floors so im guessing thats the order they come out?
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

so without further a do, here is the condition of the car with a good wash on the outside and a ood vacum of the inside :(

its gona sound dumb but im turned on a little by the estate of the car, makes me just wana put a cage in it and go for the racer feel look, and hopefully track this car. lots of plans coming up for this car, just have to wait and save up some money (i have a part time job at the mall) and on days off little by little just work on it and details.

Doespike

Post by Doespike »

I hate seeing ITRs stripped like that. :( I gotta say though...that is probably the cleanest shell I've ever seen. The paint looks flawless :!: How many miles were on heR?

I'm working on an ITR Registry project. PM me the VIN and I'll see if I can narrow down the range at least that heR badge # should be in.

Should be a GREAT project!
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
ITR Expo!
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Also, while everything is apart...before you rebuild it too much, spend the $$ on proper security and do a stealth install of all the components and wires. That siren sitting in plain sight in the engine bay isn't much good if the thieves can yank the wires.
Backup battery, backup batter, backup battery. :)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
ITR Expo!
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

Doespike wrote:I hate seeing ITRs stripped like that. :( I gotta say though...that is probably the cleanest shell I've ever seen. The paint looks flawless :!: How many miles were on heR?

I'm working on an ITR Registry project. PM me the VIN and I'll see if I can narrow down the range at least that heR badge # should be in.

Should be a GREAT project!
yup yup. im pretty stoked, also whats been motivating me is the expo you guys have every year,i see it in the magazines and it instantly turns me on lol. so thats somthing else i would love to look foward to with all my TYPE R brothers lol

PM sent.
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

Doespike wrote:Also, while everything is apart...before you rebuild it too much, spend the $$ on proper security and do a stealth install of all the components and wires. That siren sitting in plain sight in the engine bay isn't much good if the thieves can yank the wires.
Backup battery, backup batter, backup battery. :)
deffenetly, i think its not impossible to go back to stock, but for some reason i dont see the fun in that, i grew up in an automotive background racing in karts and open wheel cars, and have had some laps under my belt with some TC so im pretty used to cages, kinda makes me feel at home with FIA regulated belts and seats holding me down in-closed with bars all over, so i guess im a monkey lol. and yea i loved the car so much that when my friend used to have it i told her that i would install kill switches and tuck the alarm for her for free but she didnt want to, she thought it was a waste of time. but i dont want to blame it on her, not all things can go the way one wants it. but yea, now its in my hands, so im pretty foucsed on what i would like done with the car and security features is one of them.
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

PM replied :)

Nothing wrong with stockish :P I actually demodded my ITR somewhat when I picked it up. Wanted to learn what Honda put together and then move from there. Next year I might add a rollbar/harnesses/seats. 8)

Hope to see you at Expo 10 with heR :!: Make that your goal for sure...E10 will be EPIC! :D
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
ITR Expo!
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

Doespike wrote:PM replied :)

Nothing wrong with stockish :P I actually demodded my ITR somewhat when I picked it up. Wanted to learn what Honda put together and then move from there. Next year I might add a rollbar/harnesses/seats. 8)

Hope to see you at Expo 10 with heR :!: Make that your goal for sure...E10 will be EPIC! :D
deffenetly, that will be the goal, hopefully by the end of the year i can throw a motor in there and have her running, alot of things are going thru my head, i really like the h22 setup with h2b, but then again i would like to stay faithfull to the b18c, but thennn you never know if a good K comes around, so its a toss up right now, it all depends on oppurtunity and budget, to at least get her moving.
98TypeR#21
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98TypeR#21 »

Something has me confused.

In the first shots, the car has 5-lug wheels.

But in the last shots, I see 4-lug wheels?

Is this the same car????

Steve
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Reading > you :wink: First pics were before the theft....last pics were after the theft.
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
ITR Expo!
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

98TypeR#21 wrote:Something has me confused.

In the first shots, the car has 5-lug wheels.

But in the last shots, I see 4-lug wheels?

Is this the same car????

Steve
yea. unfortunatley they took the 5 lug set up :( doesnt get me discouraged thou, because i really really want a 5 lug setup foR my R, found one that a guy is parting out his car, he is selling the whole 5 lug setup for $900, i wana jump on it. also if you notice in the video, the car used to have the type R antenna and my friend switched it out for the block off. another thing that sorta has me thinking is that the stupid DUMBinicans that stole the car messed up the ingnition to the point were the key goes in but feels woobeley, idk if i can just get a new ignition that is compatible to my key or have to get a new key, but then that means i have to switch the door locks and trunk lock.?
98TypeR#21
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98TypeR#21 »

Thanks for the clarification on the wheels - I'm sorry to hear that you have to replace them. That stinks.

I looked at the video - its shocking how the white-balance changes and the car turns from yellow to white in about 2 seconds. Pretty amazing I thought.

Good luck with your R.

I feel lucky to be a one-owner R that drives so nice even with 120k miles.

Steve
fallen_R
New ITRCA Member

Post by fallen_R »

98TypeR#21 wrote:Thanks for the clarification on the wheels - I'm sorry to hear that you have to replace them. That stinks.

I looked at the video - its shocking how the white-balance changes and the car turns from yellow to white in about 2 seconds. Pretty amazing I thought.

Good luck with your R.

Steve
damn, thats very lucky. do you daily it? what kind of R is it and what year?
98TypeR#21
New ITRCA Member

Post by 98TypeR#21 »

fallen_R wrote:
98TypeR#21 wrote:Thanks for the clarification on the wheels - I'm sorry to hear that you have to replace them. That stinks.

Good luck with your R.

Steve
damn, thats very lucky. do you daily it? what kind of R is it and what year?

It's a 98, #21 (blackjack!), and it's a daily driver. At about 90k miles I replaced shocks/struts/springs/bushings and it became new again. I hope it lasts another 120k! (or at least until I can find another car that fits the way I like to drive...)

Steve