Thoughts on this CL listing

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Colpup
New ITRCA Member

Thoughts on this CL listing

Post by Colpup »

I am looking for a new (to me) car in the <18k range. I have looked at such cars as new Si's, GTI's, 350s and would really like to get into an STI or Evo but they are out of my price range... Anyways, in my search i stumbled upon this 01R, and it looks pretty clean. There are a few mods, and but it has a clean title and fairly low miles. What do you guys think about this car? Some things that have thrown me off is a fairly low price, and the miles don't even match in the listing so who knows what else they could've missed.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/1828394717.html
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: Thoughts on this CL listing

Post by Doespike »

This caR came across copart back in April...I want to say flood damage but I won't swear to it.

I would avoid an ITR as a DD in most areas of the country especially in the Seattle area....theft is horrible. If she's going to be a fun toy and garage kept....enjoy 8)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

All stock and original, yet he doesn't have the stock shift knob, there's pedal covers, he's added more tweeters, the wheels have been changed and I'd almost bet he's lowered.

Doesn't seem very stock or original. Not to mention the front lip is missing.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
soulassassin13
ITRCA Member

Post by soulassassin13 »

I agree. I would not DD this Car in Seattle, especially if it is your primary vehicle. If you have a garage, live in a decent neighborhood, and own a 2-way alarm, you should be good. SeaTac has a great group of Honda/Acura owners.
Timeless. Keeping it real, so you don't have to.
turbohf
ITRCA Member

Post by turbohf »

link doesnt work for me.

all of these are daily drivers in north seattle. i put 50+ miles on my 97 (one with no front plate) every day. yellow one got like 2k on it in its first month lol. think the black ones got like 140k on it.

not saying that DD R is for everyone. but it can be done. i dont even stress over it. sure most of us have other cars, but refuse to drive them lol i only drive my beater on big parts runs, or to the movies. just gotta be smart about what you do, where your parking, and SECURITY.
1997 Integra Type R #00095 ~ Daily Driver :)