Expo 11 - Possible Event Location

ITR Expo 11 Information

Moderator: White Dragon

R-box
ITRCA Member

Re: Expo 11 - Possible Event Location

Post by R-box »

IntegraTionR wrote:
YellowKahuna wrote:Kimo there are contracts involved and money so this kind of stuff take a lot of time. Im sure we won't get an answer till Dec, jan, feb time.

So hold on speed racer, just take a break from Expo hunting. :)
I'm perfectly calm!
I understand that the process can take long. Negotiations can be very time consuming!
But knowing that Expo is in negotiation with various parties at this time is reassuring!
Progression is all I care for.

I'd shut-up if I were informed! (The internet can be a bitch. Its only good when people flood it with information; what is the web w/o info.?)
Wouldn't you feel upset or loose interest if you couldn't get the answers you're looking for or not kept informed? I do! :?
I say this in the most NON-OFFENSIVE way possible: putting an exclamation point at the end of almost every sentence you type makes it seem like you're being demanding, or non-understanding, etc. People may be reading you wrong because of the way you type.

Also, what the boys said above, you have to be REALLY patient when waiting to find out all the details of Expo. The committee has a LOT to do to secure/run this event and they do it on top of having lives, jobs, etc. AND they don't get paid for it. It's easy to say you wanna see progress on the board, but do you realize how much extra time it would take if they came back here and posted every little tid-bit update on something? It's kind of like trying to go somewhere with a big group of friends - it's a cluster-f*** and everyone always gets stressed out. HAHA. So grab a beer, or drink of preference, as Ryan said (coolhandluke).
love it or shove it.
IntegraTionR
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegraTionR »

R-box wrote:I say this in the most NON-OFFENSIVE way possible: putting an exclamation point at the end of almost every sentence you type makes it seem like you're being demanding, or non-understanding, etc. People may be reading you wrong because of the way you type.

Also, what the boys said above, you have to be REALLY patient when waiting to find out all the details of Expo. The committee has a LOT to do to secure/run this event and they do it on top of having lives, jobs, etc. AND they don't get paid for it. It's easy to say you wanna see progress on the board, but do you realize how much extra time it would take if they came back here and posted every little tid-bit update on something? It's kind of like trying to go somewhere with a big group of friends - it's a cluster-f*** and everyone always gets stressed out. HAHA. So grab a beer, or drink of preference, as Ryan said (coolhandluke).
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ "trying to go somewhere with a big group of friends - it's a cluster-f***" :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know we are all busy in our own way.

I guess I'll go read a engineering math book instead. No drinks for me.
R-box
ITRCA Member

Post by R-box »

IntegraTionR wrote:I guess I'll go read an engineering math book instead. No drinks for me.
OMG no WONDER you're crazy!! :LOL:
love it or shove it.
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

R-box wrote:
IntegraTionR wrote:I guess I'll go read an engineering math book instead. No drinks for me.
Hmmm, me wonders how he would fare at an Exblo?

8)
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
R-box
ITRCA Member

Post by R-box »

Ford Prefect wrote:
R-box wrote:

8)
Quiet, nerd! :lol: jk
love it or shove it.
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

R-box wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:
R-box wrote:

8)
Like you've got a lot of room to talk!
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
R-box
ITRCA Member

Post by R-box »

Ford Prefect wrote:
R-box wrote:
Ford Prefect wrote:
R-box wrote:

8)
Like you've got a lot of room to talk!
:STOMPS FEET:

Okay, back on topic! Type R...

How about Road Atlanta! :runs away and hides: :lol: :lol: :lol:
love it or shove it.
YellowKahuna
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowKahuna »

Ford Prefect wrote: Hmmm, me wonders how he would fare at an Exblo?
8)
Uuh, yeah.... :mrgreen:
Mistamike17
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mistamike17 »

Putnam Park. Make it happen.
BLacK FirE
New ITRCA Member

Post by BLacK FirE »

I'm surprised no one else has brought this up, but with the time frame you are looking at, has anyone spoken to the organizers of the Eibach meet? That can greatly influence who from the west coast actually would show up. Expo 9 was 2 days before eibach making it pretty much impossible for west coasters to do both. Maybe if anything for us east coasters make it the same week so people like myself that would love to actually go to an eibach meet could do both while out west.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

You really want your car stolen that badly?

<< no desire to go to the eibach meet :P
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
YellowKahuna
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowKahuna »

Im sure Jackson wouldn't let you guys park outside, we would all get spots inside.
BLacK FirE
New ITRCA Member

Post by BLacK FirE »

Dave-ROR wrote:You really want your car stolen that badly?

Theft in NY and at NY/NJ meets is much worse than Cali so I'm not too worried. You may have noticed my car always had a boot on in the parking lot of the hampton both years lol.
R-box
ITRCA Member

Post by R-box »

BLacK FirE wrote:
Dave-ROR wrote:You really want your car stolen that badly?

Theft in NY and at NY/NJ meets is much worse than Cali so I'm not too worried. You may have noticed my car always had a boot on in the parking lot of the hampton both years lol.
Yeah, but Eibach parking is ruthless. Park it outside, expect it gone. :P Just sayin'.
love it or shove it.
White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

I can relate to the comments regarding being updated on a regular basis - as I share that view. I will take responsibility for some of that not happening - it has been a busy few weeks. As mentioned, all of the committee members are volunteers and we do this on top of the jobs, personal lives, families, etc. We also are VERY particular about the decisions we make and take great care in challenging the thinking amongst ourselves so that we can have a successful event and minimizing the bumps than can pop up throughout the planning and execution of the event.

The short of it is I am still working on the details with the other parties involved that dictate:
- Event Date
- Cost per participant
- # of instructors needed
- Minimum # of participant (not including instructors or guests)

This is where the rubber meets the road, and where the theoretical takes a back seat and we look at hard numbers. The reason we solicit feedback is because the event is all about the people, it isn't about what the committee members want. The event only exists because of the people that participate - so we want to make decisions that reflect what our participants want. If it was clear that our participants didn't want something, we would avoid doing it.

NASA and HPD's involvement definitely adds another level of complexity to the planning, and it also has the potential to offer some things to the Expo that we haven't had the opportunity to include with the event in the past.

I am sincerely hoping to have dates, costs, etc. decided (regardless of where the event is held) before winter if at all possible, but we (those representing the Expo committee) will not make a hasty decision just to get something on the calendar quickly.

Again, thanks to all who are providing feedback because in all reality, it helps us in our decision making.

Wes
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Wes,

Are you confirming that NASA will be involved with this event? If yes, what is their level of involvement? IE, just an exhibition race or will they have a role in planning or operating the event?

Is HPD still a driving factor for the event? From reading here they seem to be playing a role in the Willow Springs track selection. Are they still planning on supporting this event with race team support? IE, race car / team attendance, facility tour, etc?
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

coolhandluke wrote:Wes,

Are you confirming that NASA will be involved with this event? If yes, what is their level of involvement? IE, just an exhibition race or will they have a role in planning or operating the event?

Is HPD still a driving factor for the event? From reading here they seem to be playing a role in the Willow Springs track selection. Are they still planning on supporting this event with race team support? IE, race car / team attendance, facility tour, etc?
Please don't take the following as gospel as we are still in the exploring stages:
We are planning on running the Expo as we always have but inserting a Honda Challenge race into each day. NASA would handle managing the HC portion, but I don't anticipate it going beyond that. Additionally, we are looking at having the event at Button Willow in lieu of Willow Springs after considering all of the factors.

HPD is still involved in helping to create a unique event and everything that I mentioned before with regard to their involvement still tentatively stands, meaning, nothing has been taken off the table.
IntegraTionR
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegraTionR »

Super great info :P
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

White Dragon wrote: Additionally, we are looking at having the event at Button Willow in lieu of Willow Springs after considering all of the factors.
This is good news. Having been to both, and five Expos, I can honestly say Button is the better choice.
YellowKahuna
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowKahuna »

IntegraTionR wrote:Super great info :P
THERE Kimo, so you better relax for a while :lol:

Button > Willow :D
R-box
ITRCA Member

Post by R-box »

Button > Willow FO' SHO'! 8)
love it or shove it.
JReyes
New ITRCA Member

Post by JReyes »

oooh my fingers are crossed! buttonwillow is my home track. even though i live WAY closer to willow springs.

i'mm be there next weekend too!
jgirard
New ITRCA Member

Post by jgirard »

Some of you had mentioned MAM as a middle of the country destination for everyone, we could also look into Heartland Park in Topeka,KS, just a thought
RTW DC2R
ITRCA Member

Post by RTW DC2R »

moving to NJ...another R could be in the future if I have a safe place for it. Might even live in LA by then so this could be interesting.
practice chaos to develop control.
R-box
ITRCA Member

Post by R-box »

RTW DC2R wrote:moving to NJ...another R could be in the future if I have a safe place for it. Might even live in LA by then so this could be interesting.
OMG you're alive!
love it or shove it.