ACT Clutches, got prices?

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

ACT Clutches, got prices?

Post by Bbasso »

Time to start looking for a clutch, I'm not ready to buy yet. But the search is on to find the best price.

The last clutch I had was the AI4-XTSS / ACT Acura Integra Xtreme Pressure Plate w/ ACT Acura Integra Hybrid Street Disc Clutch Kit. It did not ever slip or signs of trouble until complete failure while on the way to Dave B's house in Florida, but that was after 25,xxx miles of very hard use,,, opps abuse. My one complaint was, the lack of modulation in the pedal for smooth downshifting both on track and street.
I'm thinking this time around to try the AI4-HDSS I only know of one person who used it and he liked it, but it was a while back. I'd also like to stay with ACT cause I had such a long run without any problems from it.

Other then clutchcityonline who has the ACT line of clutches at good prices?
They list the AI4-HDSS at $461.47 can anyone do any better with a place that has good if not great customer service? I have been happy with clutchcityonline, just looking for a better price.
swed
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

after a quick search with google, autopartswarehouse.com has it for $396.13 shipped.... Not bad, but service?
swed
white rocket
ITRCA Member

Post by white rocket »

Rob, I picked up the ACT HDSS clutch in August last year after my stocker took a dump at PR in Seattle. The shop I deal with recommended it and it was only $475cad. After install I was pleased at how well it resembled the stock feel; only being about 15-20% stiffer. Modulation is good as well as the "grab".

With 4,000kms and two track days it is still holding up great. No noise or chatter at all. So far I am very pleased with it and I think I made the right choice. This HPDE season will tell the tale..............

Hope this helps 8)
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Yes it does, thanks!

Anyone else?
swed
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Rob - Contact BlueR. He'll hook you up.

Personally I prefer clutch masters (I'm replacing one right now).

Yea...fun fun...I replaced the final drive & 3 days later, a spring on the clutch plate disintegrated :evil:

2 1/2 hours later, the tranny is back on the ground.
1329itr00
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1329itr00 »

i'm in need of a new clutch myself... I wanted to try a Clutchmasters clutch as well. My friend has one on his car and he loves it. I just don't really know what stage to go with, being that theres 5. Any feedback on what I should go with. As of right now I only have basic bolt-ons. I just purchased cams and other stuff to go along with it, but they are not that aggresive (buddy club spec III). So any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Since you don't track the car or drag it I would lean towards the stock side of the many out there. It's damm good and lasts. Well not for me but everyone else :roll:
swed
1329itr00
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1329itr00 »

Well I drag the car maybe 4-5 times a year nothing crazy. I just want something a little stiffer I think. I might go with the fx200
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Oh you do...
ACT has served me well, did you look into that brand?
R1366 had a nice clutch, I think it was the clutchmaster stg3- he liked it and it lasted pretty long for him.
swed
1329itr00
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1329itr00 »

Yea i looked at an ACT my friend had on his old 99 Si and I like that too, but i like the Clutchmasters that my friend has on his car. I'm going to do some more research before I buy.
RTW DC2R
ITRCA Member

Post by RTW DC2R »

http://www.streetrays.com thats where I got my ACT clutch, start at $375 shipped, free shipping on orders over $100. far better price than anywhere else I could find online. you can also go here http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1423878&page=1 for their vendor post

welcome :D
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Thank you sir!
swed
1329itr00
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1329itr00 »

great price thanks