Technical Question: Antenna/Trunk

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
SERPENT
New ITRCA Member

Technical Question: Antenna/Trunk

Post by SERPENT »

Folks,

My caR just reached its 9th-year mark and I'm seeking for technical help here. HeR antenna will not go up nor go down. By judgement, you could hear that there is "power", there is NOISE when turning the radio ON/OFF. Could it be the mechanism?

Another thing, the trunk latch; the lever does not work. It will not let me open it manually, meaning, I have to use the key.

Has anyone experienced this kind of crap, and what's the 'fix'??

Thanks in advance.
nos86
New ITRCA Member

Post by nos86 »

i have a 99 gsr as well and both the antenna and trunk do not work. and the r has issues with antenna.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

sounds like you need to replace the attenna and lube the hatch system.
swed
bbqman
Canadian Director

Re: Technical Question: Antenna/Trunk

Post by bbqman »

SERPENT wrote:Folks,

My caR just reached its 9th-year mark and I'm seeking for technical help here. HeR antenna will not go up nor go down. By judgement, you could hear that there is "power", there is NOISE when turning the radio ON/OFF. Could it be the mechanism?

Another thing, the trunk latch; the lever does not work. It will not let me open it manually, meaning, I have to use the key.

Has anyone experienced this kind of crap, and what's the 'fix'??

Thanks in advance.
I have the same syptoms on both counts.

The electric antenna, I am pretty sure the motor/*gear is worn out and needed replacement...I havent got to this yet so I cant say if it is the cure.

The rear hatch lever has been getting worse and worse for the past year. I suspect it is the electric door lock mech/motor assembly that is going south.... again i havent got there yet....
If anyone has remedied these problems, please post!!