USDM HID kit

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

USDM HID kit

Post by beastnatch »

I want to keep my car's front end USDM, but i want to install an HID kit. I haven't done this before, so bear with me. Was this a factory option in the ITR? What brand do you recommend? I'm a fan of quality and not looking ghetto, but I don't want ripped off either :) I don't want to have to cut any wires if I don't have to, and want it to look as stock as possible. I appreciate any advice.
Thanks!
2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201
http://www.integratyper.org - ITR Registry!
INTGRTY
New ITRCA Member

Re: USDM HID kit

Post by INTGRTY »

if you do a search in the posts/threads in here for 'hid' you can find a topic about it, which is where i got my info on it. its not a oem option, and looking through those threads i personally picked up a xenon hid conversion kit by techone (and if i remember right i think from mod-express.com) thats a plug-and-play install which is real easy, even for a beginner. if you can check with local laws for installing aftermarket hid do it, but as long as you get a color that wont be distracting dont think itll be a problem.
INTGRTY
SamTEC
New ITRCA Member

Post by SamTEC »

Yeah You should go with the xenon HID conversion kit. You can get them on ebay for $70 shipped, and dont worry they're real and good quality. Get the 9006 bulb size ad choose the color you want 5000k- oem white(like in the jdm type r's) 6000k- diamond white, 8000k- icey blue, 10000k- deep blue, and 12000k- purple. Dont go over 12000k i think its illegal lol.
Driven by passion.
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

Thanks for the info guys. I looked at those ones on Ebay and wanted to be sure they were for real. A few years back I was going to do this on my 99 civic and these kits were 10 times the price.
Thanks!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I have the Catz HID plug n play. If you want the cleanest lighting go for the 4300K. its white w/o any color while providing plenty of light.
in 5 years not a problem with them or the law.
swed
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

After a little more research I'll be doing one of these little retro-fits once I get the funds. Nothing like OEM materials to make function like OEM should!

Audi A6 lights

Nissan E55 Maxima
IntegrasAreBest
New ITRCA Member

Post by IntegrasAreBest »

Bbasso wrote:I have the Catz HID plug n play. If you want the cleanest lighting go for the 4300K. its white w/o any color while providing plenty of light.
in 5 years not a problem with them or the law.
where did you pick yours up from? lol I have your car as my background on my computer and I want the same HID setup that you have. :D
666!
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

bought mine used...
which picture?
swed
Humpie56
ITRCA Member

Post by Humpie56 »

I Got a pair of the Catz HIDs too and i love them. but that company is out of business now too bad.
"The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black"-Henry Ford

Built From the Ground Up

Black 01 Acura Integra Type-R B18C5