Chicago residents

Annoucements and Discussion for the ITR Expo 9!

Moderators: White Dragon, Dave-ROR

Willard
SLEESTACK

Re: Chicago residents

Post by Willard »

Currently looking at rooms near Midway.
A bunch cheaper than downtown and they have vacancies.
With the triple header the weekend of the expo... most everything near the stadium is packed or super expensive.

We will purchase a couple of day passes to ride the rails and just stay near Midway (where Nick and Dan are flying into).
The hotel charges $10/day to park and that would be a bunch cheaper than driving/parking downtown (or near the game).
The orange line (to the red line) can be used for game day.
The orange line to the blue line can be used to find the maproom. :P
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
sscguy
ITRCA Member

Re: Chicago residents

Post by sscguy »

Will, just FYI, the area right around Midway is a dump. I don't know that I'd trust the Civic there. You'd almost be better off parking in the airport garage.

Other than that, gotta see Millenium Park ("Gateway to Heaven/Bean" and the auditorium thing there), and the Sears Tower was kinda cool, but took a bit of time and was sort of so-so for most of the viewing. If the day was very clear it'd be pretty neat. The Museum of Science and Industry is awesome, but requires at least a full day to see. If you're only there for an hour or two, I don't know that it's worth the money. You can also take a drive down Lower Whacker to make the Blues Bros./Dark Knight run.

Shoot me a PM if you need my number, we'll actually be downtown somewhere on Sunday.

-Adam
A bunch of days left 'till Expo '05!