Got an oil leak I cant find ***HELP ME***....please

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Gross_00-0088
New ITRCA Member

Got an oil leak I cant find ***HELP ME***....please

Post by Gross_00-0088 »

I rebuilt my motor last June and I upped the compression a little (11.7) The leak looks like it is coming around the canister on the back of the motor but I really cant tell if thats where its coming from. I can smell oil only when I'm in vtec in a higher gear where I'm in it for longer (3rd and up). Its dripping on the top of my exhaust. I cant figure out whats causing it and its driving me insane. Hopfully some one understands me I feel like I'm wording stuff wrong :? . Thanks in advance
GROSS
coolhandluke
401R

Re: Got an oil leak I cant find ***HELP ME***....please

Post by coolhandluke »

Thoroughly clean all the areas in question. Start the car up and let it idle for a few minutes. Cut the car off and see if you can trace the leak.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

coolhandluke wrote:Thoroughly clean all the areas in question. Start the car up and let it idle for a few minutes. Cut the car off and see if you can trace the leak.
It might be easier to find the leak if he uses a dye kit ;)
swed
Gross_00-0088
New ITRCA Member

Post by Gross_00-0088 »

I have wiped it down quite a few times and looked as it idled. its like it only does it when I'm in vtec when the oil pressure is high. I dont know if this could be it but I read on honda-tech (I think) some one else was having that problem and some one said it could be crankcase pressure causing it to blow by that bottom o ring on the canister. I have replaced rear main, oil pan, and that oring on that canister and it still does it. Doesn't leak near as bad as it used to after I replaced that o ring
GROSS