New R owner in the Carolinas

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

New R owner in the Carolinas

Post by nannerb46 »

Hey Guys. New MEMBER to the site, although I have been reading and drooling since my first encounter in 2000 with a friends R.
I own #41 of 2001, Pheonix Yellow. It is a daily driver, but eventually, I plan to do a full restoration. After all, I work at Honda :wink:
former owner 2001 #41, miss her and will own one again.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Re: New R owner in the Carolinas

Post by Asian G »

nannerb46 wrote:Hey Guys. New MEMBER to the site, although I have been reading and drooling since my first encounter in 2000 with a friends R.
I own #41 of 2001, Pheonix Yellow. It is a daily driver, but eventually, I plan to do a full restoration. After all, I work at Honda :wink:
Welcome to the community! Now at least give us a few pics & a bit more info about your beauty or bann!!! :wink:
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
R.I.P. C.R.C. & 97 CW-R 0158 12/17/04
Parts F.S.: http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12541
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

Well, she's clean, and STOCK. The only thing she's got on her is a comptech cat back the old owner had installed at the dealership. Other than that, she's pristine.
I got really lucky... finding one that's unmolested.
By the way, the R you picked up is GORGEOUS. The wheels are sick- love Mugen...
Here's pics...
Attachments
My Photos 0091.jpg
(101.69 KiB) Downloaded 1277 times
My Photos 0142.jpg
(94.73 KiB) Downloaded 1276 times
My Photos 0232.jpg
(111.23 KiB) Downloaded 1281 times
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

Very Freak'n Clean & Unmolested! :D Nice Pick up :!: I've always love the WAY a stock R stands! But i also love it when an R is Modded beautifully too! Keep her safe bro! The Carolina's have a great R community surrounding them! If u need any info on things, there are plenty of knowledge on this forum! Since u work at Honda, maybe U can give us the hook on some S2000 Oil Filters and maybe a few parts :wink: ! Anyways, I know a few of us have meets and BBQ's, so stay in touch!

-Brian
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

I plan on doing some mods. Plan on adding a set of JDM Recaros, and probably Mugen intake, header, and exhaust. For the most part, if I have to replace something, it will be OEM, JDM, or Mugen. I have two little girls, so it may take some time. PM me when you get a second. I can get you some info on the parts your looking for.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Carolina's eh? North or South, we have several members in the area.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

North, I know everyone in here is real respectful of wanting to keep locals off the board, so I will say fairly centrally located :wink:
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Clean PY! How many miles on heR?

Carolinas are definitely a great area to meet other owneRs :!: Great dudes down there.

Enjoy and keep heR safe...sure you know all about the huge theft factor. :(
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

As mentioned by Asian G in his thread... you should come out to We Todd at CMP July 11-12th.

For more info...

http://www.honda-tekh.com/thread/3295-w ... july-11-12

Good times and good people.

nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

Thanks for the welcome. She has 125k on heR. I have tracked down records, and mostly dealer maintaned. The guy who owned heR before me took great care of heR, but it does have some sun fade. I would enjoy We-Todd expo, but won't be available that weekend to go.
I know all about the theft rate, as I had 3 friends lose theirs to theft, back in NY :evil: where I grew up.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

nannerb46 wrote:Thanks for the welcome. She has 125k on heR. I have tracked down records, and mostly dealer maintaned. The guy who owned heR before me took great care of heR, but it does have some sun fade. I would enjoy We-Todd expo, but won't be available that weekend to go.
I know all about the theft rate, as I had 3 friends lose theirs to theft, back in NY :evil: where I grew up.
Did some one say sun fade?
I know a detailer that could help...
swed
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

Yeah, It has some fade on the mirrors, and had some fade on the metal. Buffed the car to almost new shine, but there isn't much hope for the mirrors without respraying them. The one thing I would be interested in is if you know someone who can address the fading of the interior. Any thoughts?
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Welcome aboard! NC/SC is the place to be these days, I hope to move there sometime soon. I hope you are able to make it out and meet some of the people in the community. We really have a very close knit group so please make it out to any/all events. Maybe something will work out and you can attend the We-Todd event in July. I'm glad you are aware of the theft issues related with this car. Its a shame you can't truly enjoy this caR everyday so keep a close eye out on it. Feel free to PM me if you have any security related questions. With some minor layers and a quality alarm install you will be in much better shape than 90% of the cars out there.

Rob is the man with paint, I would highly advise you to seek his attention. He may be able to make it look close to factory. He'l be restoring my paint sometime in the next month.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

Cool, thanks for the invite. I really look forward to getting to meet the guys and gals in the community. As with just about everyone in here I am sure, my love for the caR and the brand run more than skin deep. I have worked for Honda for almost 4 years now, and couldn't dream of driving anything else. With all the new technology, and drivetrains, it still amazes me how perfect this chassis is. From hearing the factory intake pulling air through the throttle body, to feeling the car rotate around its axis on a cloverleaf, I truely believe and feel this is the best car ever engineered. It is a good feeling to know there is a group of people who understand what I am talking about, and have the same obsesion/love for it.

I will have to take Rob up on the paint info. As I stated before, the sheet metal is in pretty good shape, but my front bumper has some rock chips and typical road rash(no physical damage, just paint), and typical chips from 125K miles. I have thought about paint work, but also don't want to devalue the car, and sacrifice the factory paint. PM me the info, as I am definitely interested in any assistance you or Rob may have.
Thank you once again. I am very happy to be here.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Mr. Roberto is a paint restorer of sorts. Not painting the car. He does wonders with faded/swirled and otherwise not so nice paint.

WATISJDM
New ITRCA Member

Post by WATISJDM »

welcome to the site and very nice pick up.....love to see what your going to do with it
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Welcome! Nice find.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

yay! in a fortunate turn of events I'll be taking delivery of 98-0563 in 2 weeks from today!
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

Why U thread jack'n :lol: Can't wait to check it out yO :mrgreen:
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
nannerb46
New ITRCA Member

Post by nannerb46 »

Streez, Thats awesome. I have seen you on another forum round these parts. I look forward to meeting up with you and Asian, as we all live quite close to one another. We should do a meet up sometime soon.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

We normally do an annual bbq in this area at a friends house in Linden, NC; very private setting with private invite so no goobers show up. It's always a good time.

Actually I think I might have a few buddies (asian_g included) over and burn some burgers if the weather looks like it will cooperate, if you get this in time let me know you're more than welcome.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Asian G wrote:Why U thread jack'n :lol: Can't wait to check it out yO :mrgreen:
I feel dumb now, I thought it was the Carolina owners ITR thread, reading comprehension owns me.
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

itrsteez wrote:We normally do an annual bbq in this area at a friends house in Linden, NC; very private setting with private invite so no goobers show up. It's always a good time.

Actually I think I might have a few buddies (asian_g included) over and burn some burgers if the weather looks like it will cooperate, if you get this in time let me know you're more than welcome.
Weather SUX... freakin RAIN :evil: Oh well there's always next time. I'll be at CMP next week for Redline Time Attack so maybe the next few weekends after that we can meet 8)
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Dave_B wrote:Mr. Roberto is a paint restorer of sorts. Not painting the car. He does wonders with faded/swirled and otherwise not so nice paint.
And true about not painting, although I have sprayed a few cars in the past... Looooooong time ago.

If you want I could give you an honest opinion on your paint condition, maybe even do a sample spot for you ;)
swed
UCmba97
New ITRCA Member

Post by UCmba97 »

I'm also new to the ITR forum and in the carolinas. I am in love with ITR and am just beginning to learn more about them. So if y'all plan any gatherins over the summer, I'd love to beg an invite and meet y'all. At the moment, my only Honda is of the 2 wheel variety, GL1800. I hope you won't hold that against me.

Thanks,
Angel