Just moved to VA

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
fgfournet
New ITRCA Member

Just moved to VA

Post by fgfournet »

As it says, I just arrived a few months ago. Wondering how difficult it is for emissions and inspection? I am pretty much stock with JDM DC Sport 4-1 header, no cat (which I know I will need to fix) , Spoon N1 muffler, and AEM short intake. I am from New Orlean and I know they more strict here. Will I need to change anything else, if I get a new cat? Thanks ahead of time.
97 TYPE-R 312
Mid Atlantic Director

Re: Just moved to VA

Post by 97 TYPE-R 312 »

Emissions seems to be better in my experience. I just got my R inspected today, but that's never an issue. I used to not pass (1 of 2 dyno tests) with just a SPOON Header and SMSP high flow cat. That was when VA ran their emissions on dynos for 2 different speed tests. Now, it's a simple plug in play system and out the door much quicker.
97 TYPE-R 312
06 TSX 6MT NAVI
09 Ninja 250R
VPR Motorsports
Sponsoring EXPO 03-10
Mid Atlantic Dealer for Cobalt Friction, Sparco, Bell, Amsoil
HondaRcB
New ITRCA Member

Post by HondaRcB »

It depends on what part of VA you are now in. I'm in the Richmond area and they just do a visual inspection checking to see if you have some kind of cat. My ITR with cams and the normal I/H/E always passes.
ITR 98-0324
Humpie56
ITRCA Member

Post by Humpie56 »

I'm in NOVA and have not had a problem yet though i still have another year till next test. Good thing its only every other year...
"The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black"-Henry Ford

Built From the Ground Up

Black 01 Acura Integra Type-R B18C5
BannisteR
New ITRCA Member

Post by BannisteR »

I'm in Norfolk area, haven't had any issues with inspections, no emissions where im at... had a 99 Si w/ DC header, magnaflow hi flow cat, and T1R cat-back, and now my R Toda header T1R test pipe and mid section with a Spoon N1 axle back... Test pipes are "frowned" upon but aren't really looked for...
98 ITR #0179
90 EF7 motor-less wonder collecting parts, dust, and Spoon
_hollywood
New ITRCA Member

Post by _hollywood »

Keep your out of state tags and you wont be hassled, VA is the most corrupt state ever and will take money from you in anyway possible.

( stuck in VA for 4 years) rockin WI tags and havent had to worry about inspections, etc.........
97R

"A fast and functional car will never go out of style"

Fabled Four