PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY R!!! ! ! ! ! !

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
typer483
New ITRCA Member

PLEASE HELP ME WITH MY R!!! ! ! ! ! !

Post by typer483 »

I have recently hit the bottom of my header and waiting for a new one in the mail. I'm sure there's some sort of exhaust leak between the header and the cat because the exhaust sound fluttery but. My car is making a whining tickety sound when I drive. You can't really hear it when I'm going fast but cruising around it's annoying. I have I/E/H with 27,000 miles. Do you think it's possible I need to get my valves adjusted. Is it a possiblity that it can be my tranny. I know the clutch is slowly going and will have to be replaced within next month. How can I figure out when this needs to be done
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Valves

Post by Aj »

Well, with 27K miles, you should be doing it for the second time in about 3K miles. It's pretty unlikely that you can hear a valve tick from being slightly out of adjustment, unless you have a much more serious problem. Given that your header is so close to your fire wall, well the part that you ussualy smack on the ground any way, you may be hearing some hot air escaping, often when hot and cool air colide, they make a strange popping noise, or hissing depending on how big a hole, and how hot the exhaust gas. Could be a lot of stuff, but you may want to take it in to acura and have them take a look if you can't figure it out on your own. Good Luck.....
Aj
Trey
Site Admin

Post by Trey »

I'd have to agree it is probably the leak but if you are unsure you need to get a second (in person) opinion.