just moved to florida

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

just moved to florida

Post by ohio_itr »

Hello florida! Just pcsd here (I'm in the air force) made the 1000 mile road trip from ohio, trying to find out about the local tampa area like: where to go, where not to go, places for parts, tuning, paint those types of things.....haven't seen any other type Rs around here am I the only one?
Dave_B

Re: just moved to florida

Post by Dave_B »

Don't drive your R around there and leave it unattended.

If you need any quality shops, look up LHT Performance. Go see John. He does tuning and all other work, and owns a PY ITR as well, very good person.

Other than that, keep the car in the garage and don't leave it somewhere. FL is notorious for Honda theft. I used to live there. Ugh...
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by ohio_itr »

thanks alot for the advice, and the heads up on the shop. im actually looking to get my car tuned. I try to leave the car on base as much as possible as well
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

ohio_itr wrote:thanks alot for the advice, and the heads up on the shop. im actually looking to get my car tuned. I try to leave the car on base as much as possible as well
John is a Hondata WIZ!!! He tuned my track car and honestly took a LOT more time than I would have ever guessed a tuner would. He fabricates and all sorts of things. Definitely look him up.

Be very careful down there in FL. Not a great place to own one of these cars for sure.

ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by ohio_itr »

thats good to know, maybe i should get hondata cause right now i have a p28 with chrome but it needs to be setup prior to running it in the car
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

ohio_itr wrote:thats good to know, maybe i should get hondata cause right now i have a p28 with chrome but it needs to be setup prior to running it in the car
If you already have a P28, your halfway there. Just get yourself an S100 (he sells them) and go from there. He can socket it as well.

Street tunes there aren't very expensive IIRC, but if you want Dyno tuning it's obviously more.

ohio_itr
New ITRCA Member

Post by ohio_itr »

yeah i guess that would be a good idea, ill have to set some money aside for one