Post your brake fluid,rotor,pad combo...

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post your brake fluid,rotor,pad combo...

Post by CivicBeater »

I currently am on ATE Superblue with oem rotors/pads.

Looking for suggestions on what to replace rotors/pads with. I know there is the argument of just buying cheap blanks that burn out quick however are cheap to replace. Then you have the argument of buying higher end quality rotors that last longer however of course come with the price tag.

I know with whatever rotor one chooses you should have the appropriate pad to match up with it. So post up, I'm interested to see what you guys are running on your RRRR's.

Thanks

Eric 8)
-Eric
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: Post your brake fluid,rotor,pad combo...

Post by itrsteez »

Your autozone rotors are fine, seriously.

<- HP+'s w/ superblue
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Where did you hear blank rotors burn out quickly? Since brake rotors are a wear item I am a big supporter of using Autozone blanks. Not only are they cheap, they come with a two year warranty.

I'v been using ATE Superblue and Autozone blanks for four years, no issues. I am now switching to using a dedicated set of rotors up front for the track. For the street I use a set of Endless pads up front and OEM in the rear. For the street I will use Cobalt XR3's up front and GT-Sports in the rear.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Autozone rotors are VERY popular with ITR owners who track their caRs. Nothing wrong with the Duralast ones at all.
I also use ATE Super Blue ala BlueR. I'm currently on Cobalt CSR pads...but have only 1 track event left on em....maybe 2. Not sure what I'll be going to after that....perhaps XR3s.
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Maybe what I meant to say is that cheap blanks just don't last as long? Not that they necessarily wear quickly. Sorry for the confusion.

In my Si, I boiled Superblue all weekend long. We'll see how it does now in a lighter set-up with better driving habits.

According to your posts it seems that i'll be fine with just throwing in some stank pads and calling it a day. I just want to be in 1st when the checkered flag drops at the HPDE. "If you ain't first, you're last. You know what I'm talking about?"
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

I hope you win the HPDE, I really do.... just PM marc and get you some HP+'s call it a day... they can still be driven normally on street without issue.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

ATE Super Blue and autozone blanks should give you no problems. Plus you can keep turning the rotors in for a free replacement set for quite some time as many times as you want. I haven't bought rotors in over 4 years. I'd get a decent pad on there and for right now something like the HP+ would be great. You can adjust and try different pads from there.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Keep in mind the ITR's have a fabulous braking system and you were right when you brought up that the ITR is a lighter car. Driving habits do play a large role in brake fade too. Newer drivers tend to stay on the brakes longer and build up more heat in the system.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Sounds good guys. I appreciate the help, fyi expect many more questions from me down the road :) I don't plan on really doing anything else prior to the CMP event in June. I want to just drive the car how it is and make adjustments as I (or my instructor) seems fit.

What is "marc's" screename?
-Eric
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

CivicBeater wrote:Sounds good guys. I appreciate the help, fyi expect many more questions from me down the road :) I don't plan on really doing anything else prior to the CMP event in June. I want to just drive the car how it is and make adjustments as I (or my instructor) seems fit.

bluer
-Erik

coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

BlueR . He already PM'd you. :wink:

Don't hesitate to ask questions, no matter how silly or trivial you think they are. We are here to help in any way we can.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:Sounds good guys. I appreciate the help, fyi expect many more questions from me down the road :) I don't plan on really doing anything else prior to the CMP event in June. I want to just drive the car how it is and make adjustments as I (or my instructor) seems fit.

I have a spare set that I ordered from him if you get in a pinch... but more than likely he's already extracted the funds from your paypal and is about to PM you a tracking number.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:

I have a spare set that I ordered from him if you get in a pinch... but more than likely he's already extracted the funds from your paypal and is about to PM you a tracking number.
:lol: :lol:

I say if you get your coilovers this week, I'll buy your spare set so I'll have something to do at the potential BBQ. OR I might just bring my polishing equip and go to town all day on the R in the cozy garage.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:
itrsteez wrote:

I say if you get your coilovers this week, I'll buy your spare set so I'll have something to do at the potential BBQ. OR I might just bring my polishing equip and go to town all day on the R in the cozy garage.
They'll be in thursday but we have to push it back, Ashely wants to go camping in Boone, it doesn't sound like a bad time... so maybe the weekend after. I have to check how much meat is left on my current set of pads... You'll have a set in your hands quick if you order from Marc.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:
itrsteez wrote:

They'll be in thursday but we have to push it back, Ashely wants to go camping in Boone, it doesn't sound like a bad time... so maybe the weekend after. I have to check how much meat is left on my current set of pads... You'll have a set in your hands quick if you order from Marc.
True. If you want to have a foursome this weekend let me know. Rachel was planning to camp @ jordan lake but i'd be down for roughing it with others elsewhere. As long as bringing my son (dog) is ok. I'm not sure if you are talking about actually camping (i.e. tent not on concrete or 5' from the front door of a house) or not.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote: True. If you want to have a foursome this weekend let me know. Rachel was planning to camp @ jordan lake but i'd be down for roughing it with others elsewhere. As long as bringing my son (dog) is ok. I'm not sure if you are talking about actually camping (i.e. tent not on concrete or 5' from the front door of a house.)
She's never camped before, so I question to see if she can even pull it off.
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

All you had to say was, no I don't want to camp with your faggot ass.
-Eric
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:All you had to say was, no I don't want to camp with your faggot ass.
hahaha, I didn't say that at all. It's the female variable, it seems like they have to screen each other before doing overnight events... I'm not sure if your wife is like that, but if not then she's a normal one.
turbohf
ITRCA Member

Post by turbohf »

Front: random blue JDM pads (came out of some BB4 calipers from importer lol) with some OE looking rotors that where on the 97 when i got her. seem to need a little heat to grab nice

Rears: OEM Honda pads (43022-S84-A50), and whatever OE looking rotors that where on her.

Fluid: Valvoline Syntec something...

i have never tracked her....yet?
1997 Integra Type R #00095 ~ Daily Driver :)
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

I like the yet in that statement. Are you attending ITR Expo?

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

itrsteez wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:All you had to say was, no I don't want to camp with your faggot ass.
hahaha, I didn't say that at all. It's the female variable, it seems like they have to screen each other before doing overnight events... I'm not sure if your wife is like that, but if not then she's a normal one.
I understand. One reason we need to do a double date. We can both wear our helmets to dinner and only speak through our communicators. This way we can drone the women out.
-Eric
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

CivicBeater wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
I understand. One reason we need to do a double date. We can both wear our helmets to dinner and only speak through our communicators. This way we can drone the women out.
really need to actually do this. It'd be great.
-Erik

BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

ahem?
R-Speed
turbohf
ITRCA Member

Post by turbohf »

coolhandluke wrote:I like the yet in that statement. Are you attending ITR Expo?
my car doesnt even run lol... just spent like the last 2hours or so working on my motor... longblock damn near complete :roll:

not sure how well my R will do on the track. she needs some issues addressed before i try some track. some brakes, some suspension, and a motor actually in the car and it running...
1997 Integra Type R #00095 ~ Daily Driver :)
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CivicBeater wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
haha, we're planning our housewarming party (because that's what you do after 2 years) it will be Jersey shore themed so bring your ed hardy and an appetite for powerbars. Will probably be later in the summer. It goes without saying but that invite is extended to all here.