Autocross brake pads?

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
ksconekiller
New ITRCA Member

Autocross brake pads?

Post by ksconekiller »

What combination of pads work best on the ITR? I've heard Hawk HPS and HP+ the most, but I have heard of others also. Anyone want to chime in?
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: Autocross brake pads?

Post by get RIGHT »

I use old skool Cobalt GTS pads. Unfortunately I only have 1 set left after these wear out.

I really want to hear some feedback on these too if anyone has tried them, CL RC6 Brake Pads.
http://www.essexparts.com/shop/brake-pa ... ds-44.html
Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

Carbotech AX6's?
I KILL car thieves.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Yeah, I was going to say the OLD Cobalt GT-Sports or Ultimates were probably perfect. Nowadays...no idea.
solo-x
New ITRCA Member

Post by solo-x »

I personally do not like Hawk HPS pads. I've tried them on an ST Civic, a CS Miata, and my DSP ITR. I think the pedal feel is really poor, and the bite is inconsistent. I've also tried HP+ on all 4 corners and it was too much brake, and the HP+ have a poorer pedal feel and consistency then the HPS, though with a bunch more bite. They also wore concave on me, giving me a mushy brake pedal.

Currently I'm running Ferodo DS2500s up front with OEM rear pads. I'm really pleased with the combination. Very progressive, easy to modulate, great release, firm pedal, and plenty of bite. They have a wide operating temperature range, and work well even dead cold on a 40* NE morning.
BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

ferodo ds2500 is a good pad
R-Speed