Thanks everyone...

Annoucements and Discussions for ITR Expo 10 at Autobahn Country Club

Moderators: White Dragon, Dave-ROR

cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Thanks everyone...

Post by cheezthis »

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out or supported the event this year. The event was at full capacity, and we had Acura there as well.

My personal highlight was meeting Gary, taking him around in the db8, and driving the tl sh-awd 6spd on track. My event highlight...Gary's presentation. It makes you feel like all this hard work year after year was worth it. :)

Next year...we can save that talk for later.

I apologize for my slowness on track. I was...exhausted and too lazy to do much more than Sunday drives out there :P
00TypeR1071
ITRCA Member

Re: Thanks everyone...

Post by 00TypeR1071 »

Thank you to all the guys on the EXPO committe!!!

We greatly appreciate the efforts and all the hard work that you guys do in order to organize such succesfull event. ITR EXPO FTW!!

Cheers! :D
2000 PY Type R #1071 - 56k on the clock
2001 Integra LS 4dr DD - 68k on the clock
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Very very cool what Gary brought to the table and I hope their support continues in years to come. Big thanks to Acura, HPD, and all the committee members, instructors, students.....hell everyone. All of you make these events happen and I can't thank everyone enough for giving me (and everyone) such a great get together to look forward to year after year. Here's to you!!
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
00TypeR1071
ITRCA Member

Post by 00TypeR1071 »

Is it EXPO 11 time yet?

I seriously can't wait for another one. :D
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

My 4th Exbo and by far my favorite :!: Thank you committee members for putting together one heck of an event for #10. You continue to out-do yourselves each year. :toast:
I definitely want to give a special thank you to Gary from Acura for supporting Expo and for putting on a very interesting presentation. I hope we can pass along everyone's appreciation to him. :)
Thank you to all our sponsors for your generosity!! I, like many others, try to support you and much as you support us. Thank you.
And of course, the instructors and drivers who battle long miles, short nights, and busy days to make up the core of why there is an Expo. 8)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

Erik95LS wrote:Very very cool what Gary brought to the table and I hope their support continues in years to come. Big thanks to Acura, HPD, and all the committee members, instructors, students.....hell everyone. All of you make these events happen and I can't thank everyone enough for giving me (and everyone) such a great get together to look forward to year after year. Here's to you!!
^^^ what he said ^^^ :!:
Doespike wrote:My 4th Exbo and by far my favorite :!: Thank you committee members for putting together one heck of an event for #10. You continue to out-do yourselves each year. :toast:
I definitely want to give a special thank you to Gary from Acura for supporting Expo and for putting on a very interesting presentation. I hope we can pass along everyone's appreciation to him. :)
Thank you to all our sponsors for your generosity!! I, like many others, try to support you and much as you support us. Thank you.
And of course, the instructors and drivers who battle long miles, short nights, and busy days to make up the core of why there is an Expo. 8)
^^^ and him too ^^^ :!:
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
Bowdwn
ITRCA Member

Post by Bowdwn »

my third Expo and was best for me as well i thought i had love for my R but watching you guys working your asses off in that nasty hot weather all i have to is dammmm... respect to all the parties who put this event together, and for Acura to represent as well...cant wait to expo 11....
TurboLS
ITRCA Member

Post by TurboLS »

This was my 3rd expo as an attendee and 1st as a sponsor. I definitely had a blast even though my race car didn't make it out. It was definitely a worthwhile investment to speak with all of the guys on the ground, gauging concerns, ideas, etc. for the tool rental shindig. Other than that, I've made even more friends and hope to further develop my skills on track at the next expo and other events with you guys.

Cheers,

Ramzi
[url]http://www.automotivespecialtytool.net[/url]
Peer to Peer Renting and Lending of Specialty Tools for a Variety of Machines

2000 ITR Daily
Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

Thanks to ALL that made expo happen.. I know you guys go through a lot to put this all together and it is greatly appreciated.

Cant wait for next year :D
I KILL car thieves.
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Post by itr #1334 »

just like whats been said. this was my second expo. Even though I didn't track this year it was awesome. Great times just hanging out. props tp everyone who made this happen!!
canuckr
ITRCA Member

Post by canuckr »

I think Joe and Erik summed it up best...

Thanks to everyone (organizers, instructors, students, corner workers, grid workers, sponsors, and everyone else) for making this event possible!!!! This was my 9th exblo and it is the only event I will never miss!
97 ITR #163 RIP
Eight-time ITR Expo Participant Club Member..
96ls
ITRCA Member

Post by 96ls »

canuckr wrote:I think Joe and Erik summed it up best...

Thanks to everyone (organizers, instructors, students, corner workers, grid workers, sponsors, and everyone else) for making this event possible!!!! This was my 9th exblo and it is the only event I will never miss!

Agreed!!!

This was my second one and it was a great one! I had a blast and met some more great people! Can't wait to see you all again next year!!!
00 PY ???? Still trying to find her badge number.
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

canuckr wrote:I think Joe and Erik summed it up best...

Time to change your sig.
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

cheezthis wrote:Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out or supported the event this year. The event was at full capacity, and we had Acura there as well.

My personal highlight was meeting Gary, taking him around in the db8, and driving the tl sh-awd 6spd on track. My event highlight...Gary's presentation. It makes you feel like all this hard work year after year was worth it. :)
Its us that owes you and the entire Expo Comittee and Sponsors the thanks. This was my 6th year returning to Expo and I cannot think of anything that I could have improved on with this event. I know this year was exceptionally grueling for you guys and I will speak for the group here and say "we really appreciate all that you guys do and sacrifice to make this happen." For all those that attended, you should feel a small sense of pride that you are part of the best group of car guy's on the Planet. This event proves that year after year. Hopefully we will have many more in the year's to come.

I also felt a huge sense of Pride when Gary stood up to speak. As a nearly 17 year Acura/Honda employee, I felt vindicated slightly after all these years of wondering why Coporate just wouldnt notice our grassroots movement. I felt as though we had finally arrived! And I couldn't had been happier for it.

*I'm about to ramble here* I'll admit when he spoke of Shigeru Uehara I got a lil emotional. That man is hero to all of us. I had the privelige of meeting Mr Uehara in Chicago a few years ago at the "Ride and Drive" Launch of the S2K CR put on for Honda employees. He was just there singning autographs at a table, hangin out. When I saw I freaked out and had to meet him. The line in front of him was at least a hundred deep and I was on a tight time schedule with my general mngr. Ater over an hour of waiting I still hadnt got in front of him, my boss was mad at me because
I missed a lecture I was supposed to attend but I was unphased and determined. When I finally got in front of Mr. Uehara he was obviously looking tired and stonefaced, signing S2KCR posters. When he asked to spell my name in very broken english for an autographed, I stopped him. I pulled out my cell phone and showed him a picture of my R and proceeded to thank him. He dropped his sharpie and his faced lit up! I gave him my phone and showed him how to scroll thru the pics. He was like a kid in a candy store. He stopped everything he was doing and I could see the passion in his eyes. (I am getting a lil emtional right now just thinking about it) He told me about how much fun he had working on that car and how he hoped another one would appear in the future. He asked me if I could come back later so we could talk more about it but I couldn't. I was flying back out that same day and was unable to return. I ended up getting in alot of trouble over it with my boss over the time I spent waiting and have not been invited to attend anymore of these events since but that one was worth it too me.
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

:tear: :(
:calp: :D
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

Well said guys! :beer:

I had a blast seeing all the caRs and putting faces with the login names that I see so often! I'm glad Gary made it out too. It was fun to finally bs with him in person!
2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201
http://www.integratyper.org - ITR Registry!
96specr
New ITRCA Member

Post by 96specr »

My first Expo of many and a big thanks to all of the sponsors and instructors. Also a big thanks to Jay for helping me get parts for my car late Friday night. Also had a great time and met and put some faces with login names.

Can't wait for Expo 11 wherever it may be... (road Atlanta)..crosses fingers... :D
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

get RIGHT wrote: but I couldn't. I was flying back out that same day and was unable to return.
Bet j00 regret making your flight :P Definitely a great meeting :!:
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Doespike wrote:
get RIGHT wrote: but I couldn't. I was flying back out that same day and was unable to return.
Bet j00 regret making your flight :P Definitely a great meeting :!:
I sure do. I even left that poster on the table with my name on it. I got to look my hero in the eye though and I am pretty sure I made his day. It was worth it. :D
Civic_Sista
ITRCA Member

Post by Civic_Sista »

Awesome event yet again. This was my 7th expo, and one of the more fun ones. Ice fights were epic.
Thanks again for all the organizers and sponsors. Hope the 3 that won the posters got them home safe.
98/00- 0255
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

Finally made it home to LA.

Expo 10 was so much fun, it was great to see EVERYONE again, and there were quite a few that were missed, but hopefully we'll see all those who couldn't make it at expo 11. It was good to see a lot of new guys out as well there that helped this event go through.

Thanks to everyone that makes this event possible, the committee and everyone who has even the smallest part in setting it up or helping out, all the instructors who have a tough and essential job, everyone who attended, drove, spectated, Autobahn and their staff, everyone. Expo is such an awesome experience, and I and probably everyone else, thank everyone who was a part!

Expo 11. :D
00TypeR1071
ITRCA Member

Post by 00TypeR1071 »

KOALA YUMMIES wrote:Finally made it home to LA.

Expo 10 was so much fun, it was great to see EVERYONE again, and there were quite a few that were missed, but hopefully we'll see all those who couldn't make it at expo 11. It was good to see a lot of new guys out as well there that helped this event go through.

Thanks to everyone that makes this event possible, the committee and everyone who has even the smallest part in setting it up or helping out, all the instructors who have a tough and essential job, everyone who attended, drove, spectated, Autobahn and their staff, everyone. Expo is such an awesome experience, and I and probably everyone else, thank everyone who was a part!

Expo 11. :D

Couldn't have said it better. :D
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

I'm starting a fund now so that I don't run into the same problem I did this year.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
Hooch'n
ITRCA Member

Post by Hooch'n »

00TypeR1071 wrote:Is it EXPO 11 time yet?

I seriously can't wait for another one. :D
good times, thanks to all !
We-Todd-Did-Racing
NCCAR - www.nasa-southeast.com
CMP - turnonetrackevents.com

2/2000 PY
Hatchcrap