Annoucements and Discussions for ITR Expo 10 at Autobahn Country Club

Moderators: White Dragon, Dave-ROR

Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Re: EXPO Video

Post by Dave-ROR »

Erik95LS wrote:
totsie7944 wrote:all the cars in front of me had bad lines
basing your line off the cars in front of you is a sure fire way to do everything completely wrong. You're mostly just missing apexes and not using enough of the track.
With a little target fixation added in for good measure...
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Dave-ROR wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:
totsie7944 wrote:all the cars in front of me had bad lines
basing your line off the cars in front of you is a sure fire way to do everything completely wrong. You're mostly just missing apexes and not using enough of the track.
With a little target fixation added in for good measure...
sliding off track into the car that was just right in front of you is included in "everything wrong" :P
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

lol I didn't watch the entire video, or the VIR one at all, did that happen in the video?

If so, dear God, why would you post that without "don't do this!" as the subject line?
-Dave
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Dave-ROR wrote:lol I didn't watch the entire video, or the VIR one at all, did that happen in the video?

If so, dear God, why would you post that without "don't do this!" as the subject line?

no. he didn't. I was just referring to a likely outcome with target fixation.
-Erik

Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

gotcha.. when he comes up to a car I noticed a tendency to often have the car stay in the same spot in the frame for a bit.. classic fixation. Maybe it was just for the little bit I watched, but maybe not.. it's fairly common for newer drivers to fixate.
-Dave
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

When I get close behind Erik, I fixate my eyes on his left arm, waiting for it to rise.
-Eric
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Well at least toots on track isn't as bad as Eric (the incorrectly spelled one) and Steve driving home... :)
-Dave
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

CivicBeater wrote:When I get close behind Erik, I fixate my eyes on his left arm, waiting for it to rise.
since you've never been on track with me.... :roll:

you'd better get the K in that Fit asap :P
-Erik

CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Erik95LS wrote:
CivicBeater wrote:When I get close behind Erik, I fixate my eyes on his left arm, waiting for it to rise.
since you've never been on track with me.... :roll:

you'd better get the K in that Fit asap :P
Thank your lucky stars. You understand the fit has a progress rear sway right? Ownage is imminent.
-Eric
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

The OG Fit's didn't have a rear sway. Do the new Fit's have a rear sway?
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

coolhandluke wrote:The OG Fit's didn't have a rear sway. Do the new Fit's have a rear sway?
Not sure. However Progress states their 22mm sway bars will turn your fit into a cornering machine. :lol:
-Eric
totsie7944
New ITRCA Member

Post by totsie7944 »

Last edited by totsie7944 on July 29th, 2010, 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fully stock R!
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Actually Toots, I've seen so many comments about how great you are (in your opinion) that it was just an attempt to levelset you. You've talked about taking down the King car amongst other things. Hell in this thread alone you basically stated that you were born with a gift to know how to drive. Do you see any of the *extremely* experienced guys in here talking about how great they are?

Yes, I may be more blunt than others, but it was an attempt to get you off the "I'm great" attitude and back to where you should be, ie that new driver taking up the sport and being willing to learn and BE HUMBLE.

And I am personal friends with one of your instructors and I have plenty of respect for him.

Honestly, I'd find anyone with your car hard to instruct and would probably forgo teaching you anything other than braking for fear of my own life.

Oh, and I don't care that you turboed your car, or if you want to put CF panels everywhere, or clear taillights, or a 3 level wing, etc. It's your car, do what you want.

Erik and I both pointed out things you are doing wrong, so there was constructive critism there.

As for making comments, you posted the video, so you need to expect and accept comments, positive and negative.
-Dave
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

You're taking things too close to heart.

I do not want to see you get over-confident and as a result, something bad happens. I have seen it happen many times before, and your car is fast. If you come in with a chip on your shoulder, reactions will not be as positive. Just how it goes...with everywhere and everyone in all communities.

I'm glad you're learning to drive the car on track, and you looked pretty quick at Autobahn this year. However, we all want to see shiny side up. :) I hope that made sense. Keep learning, and you'll continue to get faster...and safer.
totsie7944
New ITRCA Member

Post by totsie7944 »

Last edited by totsie7944 on July 29th, 2010, 9:10 am, edited 6 times in total.
Fully stock R!
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

I assigned Andy Meek to you for a reason, Scott. I knew he could handle your car and trusted him. Likewise, I felt confident with Adam last year as well as he's had a very fast turbo EF for years. You should know that I look out for your best interests along with others that attend Expo. :)

I just watched your vids, and they're not bad. To be constructive, use more of the track. You're ridiculously fast when on throttle. In most turns though, you can be faster. That will come with more seat time. Maybe sign up for the Mid-Ohio event if it's not full? There will be some familiar faces there and good times to be had by all. :)

As far as my instructor comment, I've been in some VERY fast cars with complete beginners behind the wheel that do not want to listen half of the time. It's scary but fun when everyone survives.
totsie7944
New ITRCA Member

Post by totsie7944 »

Last edited by totsie7944 on July 29th, 2010, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fully stock R!
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Sounds good, and no, your number was not one I heard during Expo, so good job on that.

Honestly, you have a good start on things. It takes some skill to control a car with that kind of power. The downside to a car like that is that it can be tough to learn what it's like to really carry speed through a turn because you can simply go through it slower and REALLY throttle out of it. I learned on a near stock GSR, so there was not a whole of power coming out of most corners :P

The r-comp thing is a tough one. I kept wanting to make the jump for years but would see someone faster than me on Azenis, and that would remind me that I'm not at the limit of the current tires still.

I won't be at Summit. I'd like to make it to VIR later this year though.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

And as far as Expo goes, I suggest coming up and saying hello if you see me. I'm usually busy but enjoy saying hi to everyone :)
totsie7944
New ITRCA Member

Post by totsie7944 »

Fully stock R!
totsie7944
New ITRCA Member

Post by totsie7944 »

Fully stock R!
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

Toots, don't take anything personally. Honestly you need slagg as an instructor next time you go to VIR. He won't let you get away with any BS just for the sake of signing off.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
totsie7944
New ITRCA Member

Post by totsie7944 »

Fully stock R!
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

totsie7944 wrote:
itrsteez wrote:Toots, don't take anything personally. Honestly you need slagg as an instructor next time you go to VIR. He won't let you get away with any BS just for the sake of signing off.
He's with NASA? I don't want a sign-off, I just want someone who will push me more. My instructor last weekend was like "this time we are doing the wet line" "hit an early apex I want to see how you handle it" "this time drive offline"....I felt like I never just got good at one thing haha.
Yes, he's frequently at VIR with Mid Atlantic. 40 to 1 says he'll be at Octoberfest.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
totsie7944
New ITRCA Member

Post by totsie7944 »

How's your ankle?
Fully stock R!