Expo 11 - Possible Event Location

ITR Expo 11 Information

Moderator: White Dragon

itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: Expo 11 - Possible Event Location

Post by itrsteez »

cheezthis wrote:Heh, that's my fear of putting together an ITRCA track day too. The fear of losing people to the big event for the smaller one.
Open registration for the west event, then stagger the announcement of a possible east event months later so it's not conflicting or cutting into that event. I don't think it was going to cut into your west numbers at all, I honestly don't know a single person that seriously plans on going anymore.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Post by itr #1334 »

itrsteez wrote:
cheezthis wrote:Heh, that's my fear of putting together an ITRCA track day too. The fear of losing people to the big event for the smaller one.
Open registration for the west event, then stagger the announcement of a possible east event months later so it's not conflicting or cutting into that event. I don't think it was going to cut into your west numbers at all, I honestly don't know a single person that seriously plans on going anymore.

To me expo is all about the people(you guys know who you are) so where ever they all decide to go that's where I'll be regardless if it's called "expo" or not.
jdmspoonitr
New ITRCA Member

Post by jdmspoonitr »

I'd love for it to be on the West Coast. Being out there with the RealTime R's would be fantastic. If Expo is going to be in the East again that would be fine with me, but I'd like for there to be some sort of ITR track day on the west coast as well. We have tons of fun tracks here that are well maintained...F1 quality sort of maintained :D . If that doesn't get some of you guys interested in coming here, I don't know what will.
TAG
New ITRCA Member

Post by TAG »

A west coast ITR Expo would be fantastic. The possibility/probability of this being out west will need to be heavily publicized on all the significant message boards, in order to get an accurate representation of the attendance potential. I was the HPDE coordinator for NSXPO 2010 Las Vegas. We had good attendance numbers, and everyone that attended NSXPO 2010 Las Vegas thought the event was a huge success! The track day portion of our event was held at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch in NV. The reason I mentioned this is that I would be willing to help with the production of ITR Expo if it's held out west, and if the coordinators want/need any assistance. It's been many years since the ITR Expo has been out west; this is the year to make ITR Expo happen west coast style!

Regards,

Tom Gaylor
'97 Monte Carlo Blue Pearl NSX-T
'98 2.0L N/A Integra Type R Track Car
SCCA...member since 2002
Jackson
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jackson »

If Expo is held on the west coast I'll be there! I'll even have Eibach sponsor the event in anyway possible. Buttonwillow would be ideal but I'm open to any ideas. I'd like to see this event happen and will support it however I can. Expo is an event I've wanted to attend for the last 9 years but have not had the vacation time at work to attend until recently.
YellowKahuna
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowKahuna »

Checking in :)
zygspeed
New ITRCA Member

Post by zygspeed »

YellowKahuna wrote:Checking in :)
Same here ... someone send me a message or something, when registration is open.

Have a good New Year.
Ed
smiko0124
New ITRCA Member

Post by smiko0124 »

any new updates/info?
db8-RRRR
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

smiko0124 wrote:any new updates/info?
Mostly behind the scenes stuff have occupied our time.

We're working on track availability (dates, costs, etc.) right now. The right of refusal for last year's events has passed for the most part.

That's about it right now. I've been slammed with work, and class is starting up again. Wish I had more news...
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Keep up the good work, jay and everyone else.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

cheezthis wrote:
That's about it right now. I've been slammed with work, and class is starting up again. Wish I had more news...
you're doing graduate studies right? on top of work? If you're allocating any time to expo at all then that is highly admirable.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

itrsteez wrote:
cheezthis wrote:
you're doing graduate studies right? on top of work? If you're allocating any time to expo at all then that is highly admirable.
Yeah, doing all 3. Second undergrad and grad degree at same time at Northwestern. Work is killing me, regardless of the rest. Hopefully, it will help with a better job soon.
redzcstandardhatch
New ITRCA Member

Post by redzcstandardhatch »

HURRY UP DANGIT.

i want a date/location, and i want it now.

just kidding . good luck guys, and we all know your just being lazy jay, dont lie to yourself. haha

love you :D
smiko0124
New ITRCA Member

Post by smiko0124 »

THanks for the update and keep up the good work! Multitasking is a pita
db8-RRRR
stinkycheezmonky
New ITRCA Member

Post by stinkycheezmonky »

redzcstandardhatch wrote:and we all know your just being lazy jay, dont lie to yourself.
Team Lazy FTMFW.

.....Looove yooou :lol:

CW-ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CW-ITR »

cheezthis wrote:
Mostly behind the scenes stuff have occupied our time.

We're working on track availability (dates, costs, etc.) right now. The right of refusal for last year's events has passed for the most part.

Sorry if I missed some thing. I tried to read up as much as I could.
Are you and the committee are "working on track availability (dates, costs, etc.)" looking at the whole country or just on one coast?
If the whole doubting of a successful "West coast EXPO" is base on just the west coast participation alone, why not open the registration now and let's see how many west coast folks sign up and pay for it. If the number add up, I say let's have it on the west coast.
'97 ITR --=
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

We are looking at the west coast as well a middle of the country back-up plan. Opening registration is something we'll do, but we cannot just open it without securing a date and cost. When you move your event from a different location each year, it's almost like starting over with each track. The only way to overcome that is become a larger group like the BMW CCA.
CW-ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by CW-ITR »

cheezthis wrote:We are looking at the west coast as well a middle of the country back-up plan. Opening registration is something we'll do, but we cannot just open it without securing a date and cost. When you move your event from a different location each year, it's almost like starting over with each track. The only way to overcome that is become a larger group like the BMW CCA.
Your points are well taken. In my oppinion, there are only two ways to get bigger. First one is to include all Acura/Honda models and call it Honda EXPO (I know...). Second one is to hold the event in the west coast or midwest to unite all ITR owners. I sure hope this will be a west coast event. Thank you for all the hard work.
Chris
'97 ITR --=
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Hi Chris

We've talked about having a Honda Expo before. At this rate, ITR Expo is open to all cars and has been for many years. Keep that in mind, please :)

We'd love to rope the west coast into the size of the event as well.
YellowKahuna
ITRCA Member

Post by YellowKahuna »

Checking in :)
Just a boy
New ITRCA Member

Post by Just a boy »

My biggest fear with having expo on the west coast is the potential of theft. That's not to say there isn't going to be theft anywhere else in the country, but let's be real here: the west coast (namely California) has the highest theft rate of Hondas. And having 100s of Type Rs (the most sought after Honda by thieves) in the area that is the capital of Honda theft will raise flags in that shady group. I'm sure the last thing we R owners all want is a bunch of sketchy people in their DAs, EGs, EFs, DCs, EKs, etc. following us around for the duration of expo, even if they don't have ill intentions and just want to check out our cars.

That's just my take.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

In ten years, theft has never been an issue at an ITR Expo. I hope that trend continue. Keep in mind road courses are generally not close to largely populated areas. The facilities always have gated entrances and security guards. At hotels there are people up all through the night in the parking lot to keep an eye. Still I'm sure everyone will take extra precaution.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Yeah, at Expo, things are pretty safe.

The last 2 years have been just outside of Chicago, which is also a HUGE Honda theft area. ITRs on jackstands have been yanked out of garages, and all other Integras and Civics disappear way too often. With that in mind, we survived there.

However, I won't say we're ignorant to it at all. It's definitely a possibility, and that's unfortunate.
fpvteg
New ITRCA Member

Post by fpvteg »

Theft possibilities will never go away, and neither should your efforts to prevent it, that's what I always say.

Can't wait for more updates, thanks to everyone involved for the efforts. West coast will be harder for me to make it, but I'll try my best. Had a blast last year, definitely don't want to miss it this year.
White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

Update:
We are narrowing in on dates etc.

One thing I can say that if the event is at Button Willow, the cost will be ~ $340 per driver, and we would need a minimum of 60 paid drivers to make the event happen. The potential dates would be a Monday/Tuesday in late May or earlier half of June. If we go the route of a west coast event, we need to reach that number of 60 paid drivers to make it happen. My suggestion would be to spread the word as we will have a small window of time to secure the date, so we would need people to pay ASAP.

If the event is not on the west coast, we are still looking at about the same cost per driver, the minimum numbers of drivers may increase though depending on the track. The same notes apply though. We will have a short window of time to secure the date and reach that number.

We should be able to offer more consistent updates from now on as well.