skyline drive cruise

Discuss national (except for the ITR Expo), regional and local events and meets here.
850type-r
New ITRCA Member

skyline drive cruise

Post by 850type-r »

Whats up fellow ITR owners, I just moved to va about a month ago and have been dying to go to skyline drive and cruise. I am in the chester aera, actually Fort Lee to be specific so it would be about 174 miles for me just to get to the mountains, but it seems worth it. I would like to go some time in late september or early october. If nobody wants to go I'm going by myself :(. I would like to stay a couple days like two or three, cook out and drive some twistys.Just need a little relaxation and peace and quiet, I can set up the hotel or lodge but i need to know who would like to go if anyone, so I can set a date and where we can meet up. If you want to go calling me would be best or text. I cant always get on the computer so (850) 420-1001 is what you can reach me at.
when life gives you lemons... well you have a shi**y life
Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Re: skyline drive cruise

Post by Little_Nolan »

Tried to get one of these going a year or two ago... I used to live in Harrisonburg (20 min. from skyline entrance).

Super nice area, kind of a boring drive with the slow speed limit. Try and hit the drive late september and the leave should be changing and NICE temps/weather. Wish I still lived up there sometimes :D
I KILL car thieves.
850type-r
New ITRCA Member

Re: skyline drive cruise

Post by 850type-r »

The dragon run speed limit is only thirty drove that on the way up here went a tad faster than thirty. I know skyline wont be as good as the dragon. I was wondering, is it real curvy or just so so, i'm not really trying to blaze through it but still feel some g forces. It would be straight if some ppl wanted to go. Only other R around here is a py and haven really talked to him.
when life gives you lemons... well you have a shi**y life