2011 NASA South East Dates

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
integrao
New ITRCA Member

Re: 2011 NASA South East Dates

Post by integrao »

Looking at my school schedule and for the first half of spring, here is what fits "well". Any thoughts, heads up for these tracks or events that I should REALLY try to make.

Feb. 11-13th CMP. (Perfect)
?? April 30th-May 1st NCCAR <-- and reason everyone is gun hoe on this date, its a little rough for me????(So-So)
Spring Break NCCAR April 9th-10th.(Perfect)

Is it correct that CMP/NCCAR generally run around ~250? That would be amazing to get these dates for ~100 Dollars!
Also, I want and know I have to run HPDE 1, I just wanted to know what the process of transitioning from 1 to 2 and a "average" time frame. I like setting goals!
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

integrao wrote:Looking at my school schedule and for the first half of spring, here is what fits "well". Any thoughts, heads up for these tracks or events that I should REALLY try to make.

Feb. 11-13th CMP. (Perfect)
?? April 30th-May 1st NCCAR <-- and reason everyone is gun hoe on this date, its a little rough for me????(So-So)
Spring Break NCCAR April 9th-10th.(Perfect)

Is it correct that CMP/NCCAR generally run around ~250? That would be amazing to get these dates for ~100 Dollars!
Also, I want and know I have to run HPDE 1, I just wanted to know what the process of transitioning from 1 to 2 and a "average" time frame. I like setting goals!
That April 30th date is CMP and not NCCAR... Pending previous prices the NCCAR and CMP dates should be $99 (plus a few bucks in admin fees). For me the CMP dates are a huge priority as there are 3 of them, but stuff like NCCAR, RR and CMS since they're only running once are priority events for me, if I sign up for either of those first two depends on how much spending remorse I get. But yes, if it ends up only being $100 then that would be insane.. and even more insane would be those not taking advantage of it :)

As far as that transition it really all depends on a bunch of factors. Just pay close attention to what the guy sitting shotgun has to say.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
integrao
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrao »

That April 30th date is CMP and not NCCAR... Pending previous prices the NCCAR and CMP dates should be $99 (plus a few bucks in admin fees). For me the CMP dates are a huge priority as there are 3 of them, but stuff like NCCAR, RR and CMS since they're only running once are priority events for me, if I sign up for either of those first two depends on how much spending remorse I get. But yes, if it ends up only being $100 then that would be insane.. and even more insane would be those not taking advantage of it :)

As far as that transition it really all depends on a bunch of factors. Just pay close attention to what the guy sitting shotgun has to say.[/quote]

Unfortunately all these track are 12 plus hours for me. Being in Memphis sucks, I There nearest region other than SE is Texas. Luckily my girl lives in Knox for the year so that is a huge help. I'm trying to experience at least three different tracks so that is part of my decision.

In regards to HPDE 2, I by no means think I'm ready. I had Wai at EXPO and he signed me off to run by myself like midway through the first day. So either I was ok, or here he was busy. (I wont assume either way, but Wai was awesome, even from the passenger seat he could feel the amount of traction midturn much better than I could). I just want to be in a group that takes the details somewhat serious. I'm really big into lines, set-ups, etc. and had a blast observing other people and learning from them. No homo, but I would just like to hit up an event there will be some other ITR's out so i can observe.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

integrao wrote:]
Unfortunately all these track are 12 plus hours for me. Being in Memphis sucks, I There nearest region other than SE is Texas. Luckily my girl lives in Knox for the year so that is a huge help. I'm trying to experience at least three different tracks so that is part of my decision.

In regards to HPDE 2, I by no means think I'm ready. I had Wai at EXPO and he signed me off to run by myself like midway through the first day. So either I was ok, or here he was busy. (I wont assume either way, but Wai was awesome, even from the passenger seat he could feel the amount of traction midturn much better than I could). I just want to be in a group that takes the details somewhat serious. I'm really big into lines, set-ups, etc. and had a blast observing other people and learning from them. No homo, but I would just like to hit up an event there will be some other ITR's out so i can observe.
It's unfortunate that all of the SE spots are that far for you, I can assure you'll have a blast if you come out. In addition if it's a SE event there are a bunch of regulars on here that are nasa instructors that are awesome help. That's awesome you got wai at e10, I was suppose to, but I had an unfortunate accident and had to let go of that slot.
pasaunde1
ITRCA Member

Post by pasaunde1 »

itrsteez wrote:Nice little savings nugget that I just received
We will open the registration for all of our confirmed 2011 events on December 6th for all who want to take advantage of great savings! We will open the registrations for each event at a discount of $150 each - if you register for every event you'll save over $1,800! We will raise the rates for the events on January 1, 2011 - so this offer will not last very long!
Can you post a link to where you found this?
2010 NASA SE TTFun Champion

"Time is the fire in which we burn"
-Delmore Schwartz
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

pasaunde1 wrote:
itrsteez wrote:Nice little savings nugget that I just received
We will open the registration for all of our confirmed 2011 events on December 6th for all who want to take advantage of great savings! We will open the registrations for each event at a discount of $150 each - if you register for every event you'll save over $1,800! We will raise the rates for the events on January 1, 2011 - so this offer will not last very long!
Can you post a link to where you found this?
It was originally at the bottom of a few of their emails, but they've mentioned it a few times on the forums. I don't think there's a link anywhere for it.
integrao
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrao »

Any updates? Is there a specific link or email we need to register for these events?
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Check out the site on the 6th
pasaunde1
ITRCA Member

Post by pasaunde1 »

There's a post up on the forum now, registration ends January 1st I believe.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=38185

-Delmore Schwartz
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

I'm a little disappointed. When CMP is historically $249 then a $150 discount doesn't equate to $219.

This promo kills me, I did a lot to sell people on that one. Not being a little bitch because $219 is a great price for CMP/NCCAR/etc but I'm highly skeptical that the pricing of their lower tracks is going to shoot up for $369

To save everybody from looking, the discounted prices are. I'm curious to see if everything is going to shoot up in 2011 or what.

CMP/NCCAR/Roebling/Charlotte = $219
Road Atlanta = $319
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

:unhappy:

My only beef is the normal price for CMP was/is ~$249, so how is that $150 off?

That is still cheaper, but not cheap enough to warrant me blowing a bunch of money three weeks before Christmas. I have stuff to fix on the car before I go sign up for several events.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

coolhandluke wrote::unhappy:
That is still cheaper, but not cheap enough to warrant me blowing a bunch of money three weeks before Christmas. I have stuff to fix on the car before I go sign up for several events.
That's where I'm at as well... and IF CMP dates are really going to be $369 in 2011 then I'll just run it with turn one. Extremely disappointed, I guess it rolls back to that "if it sounds too good to be true" thing.
pasaunde1
ITRCA Member

Post by pasaunde1 »

There may have been a fee hike, I'm sure Jim would answer any questions regarding the rates. They informed us that instructors now have to pay a new $20 per event charge for food and miscellaneous. :(

-Delmore Schwartz
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

pasaunde1 wrote:There may have been a fee hike, I'm sure Jim would answer any questions regarding the rates. They informed us that instructors now have to pay a new $20 per event charge for food and miscellaneous. :(
Well the official answer is that they're calculating the $50 hike for signing up two weeks prior and another $50 increase if you sign up at the day of the event. So that's where the $150 comes from... essentially it's a $50 discount if you sign up like normal.

Either way I'm sorry if I got everybody excited trying to pitch this, I'm not the only one that was steered in that direction.
WheelPowerRacing
New ITRCA Member

Post by WheelPowerRacing »

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing with my friends. Easy assumption to make when last year was a $50 Holiday coupon & this year its a $150 Holiday coupon. Boil it all down and event prices increased by $20 for 2011, and the Holiday Special is $50 off the normal price people generally pay, same discount as last year.

I am going to try and get the first 2 CMP dates, the 2 NCCAR dates and the one Charlotte date, if possible, saving me $250. Basically a free event.
integrao
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrao »

Wow, I'm incredible disappointed in the prices. I thought 99 for CMP was a little to good to be true compared to 249 but 219? That throws a huge wrench in my plans. Especially when I was under the assumption that I could run TWO events for less than what its going to cost to run one. I was so pump'd to register today. Will have to re-evaluate things and talk to the lady friend. Damn Damn Damn.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

integrao wrote:Wow, I'm incredible disappointed in the prices. I thought 99 for CMP was a little to good to be true compared to 249 but 219? That throws a huge wrench in my plans. Especially when I was under the assumption that I could run TWO events for less than what its going to cost to run one. I was so pump'd to register today. Will have to re-evaluate things and talk to the lady friend. Damn Damn Damn.
I know man, it was pretty slippery. Either way their pricing is always really solid.
integrao
New ITRCA Member

Post by integrao »

Yeah, I have just gotten a broken stud (another of the many issues with the car) and I just can't bring myself to change it. Well that and BOTH my axles boots are torn. Think I'm going to patch one boot and just replace the axle where the stud is broken. Anyway I don't wanna register for an event that I don't have the car running top notch and have to back out. (Deleted the BS)
Last edited by integrao on December 6th, 2010, 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Psst. New thread. :wink:

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
Hooch'n
ITRCA Member

Post by Hooch'n »

Sorry about the pricing guys!

I am signed up for - FEB CMP HPDE 4, March RA (TTC), April CMP TTC, June RA TTC, July LOWES TTC

Not sure if i am going to do NCCAR - going to do VIR or something else. WE will see, just an update.

Lets do Expo in MAY :)
We-Todd-Did-Racing
NCCAR - www.nasa-southeast.com
CMP - turnonetrackevents.com

2/2000 PY
Hatchcrap
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Like you arn't going to be at the track every other weekend anyway. :P

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Hooch'n wrote:Sorry about the pricing guys!

I am signed up for - FEB CMP HPDE 4, March RA (TTC), April CMP TTC, June RA TTC, July LOWES TTC

Not sure if i am going to do NCCAR - going to do VIR or something else. WE will see, just an update.

why no NCCAR? They'll be doing TT this time around right? It's a little over an hour from my place, you can crash out here to break up the drive.
pasaunde1
ITRCA Member

Post by pasaunde1 »

Hooch'n wrote:Sorry about the pricing guys!

Ditto, also plan on going to the UTCC in July so I might need an earlier primer at VIR in March :)

I guess nationals will be in September at Mid Ohio, trying to make that if all goes well.

NASA MA
Mar 25-27 VIR Full Course
Apr 9-10 Summit Point Main Circuit (one week earlier than it was in 2010)
Jun 18-19 Summit Point Main Circuit (Hyperfest that Saturday)
Jul 22-24 VIR Full Course (GRM UTCC that Friday)

-Delmore Schwartz
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

damn, so much going on... we need that big list of everything laid out again. I would LOVE to make it to watch the UTCC stuff, if that's something serious I'd be down on reserving a lodge room sooner than later.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

itrsteez wrote:damn, so much going on... we need that big list of everything laid out again. I would LOVE to make it to watch the UTCC stuff, if that's something serious I'd be down on reserving a lodge room sooner than later.
It's about time I stated on that. Feel free to PM me dates and I will put another list together for 2011. I wonder if we could all post up dates we plan to attend. I could then combine them to get a visual on attendance at various weekends.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar