B16B pistons in a B18C5

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Re: B16B pistons in a B18C5

Post by CRX-R »

WheaMyRyceGo wrote:If you are looking for power, get rid of that crap and do a K swap. K24a2 has great low and mid range power/torque. Amazing for road racing. Even driving around on the streets my car feels like a total beast. It put down 180wtq. I took it to the track last Friday and ran a 13.000 @ 106 on the first run with a shitty 1.9 60ft. 2nd run I snapped an axle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6I11GZ_h8

Nice run did you have the e brake pressed until you took off?
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

WheaMyRyceGo wrote:If you are looking for power, get rid of that crap and do a K swap. K24a2 has great low and mid range power/torque. Amazing for road racing. Even driving around on the streets my car feels like a total beast. It put down 180wtq. I took it to the track last Friday and ran a 13.000 @ 106 on the first run with a shitty 1.9 60ft. 2nd run I snapped an axle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6I11GZ_h8
lol, I thought I was at honda-tech for a minute. I'm still confused by this notion that integras are suppose to have power?

OP, Especially starting out you won't be able to drive a stock ITR anywhere close to it's physical limits, do yourself a favor and work on being a faster driver. Save your money, the car is fine.

And to add to it, if this guy did want to get into competition the K24 automatically puts you in H1, not sure if he's into winning but that probably won't happen for a while. For time trial the power/weight will class it be knocked out of it's normal class. You'll get knocked out of TCC and will be pushing entrance into TTA where you'll be playing with z06's. Not saying you won't be able to compete but at a certain point the power may work against you.
Last edited by itrsteez on October 23rd, 2010, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
WheaMyRyceGo
New ITRCA Member

Post by WheaMyRyceGo »

CRX-R wrote:

Nice run did you have the e brake pressed until you took off?
When at the track, you are suppose to preload.
itrsteez wrote:
lol, I thought I was at honda-tech for a minute. I'm still confused by this notion that integras are suppose to have power?

OP, Especially starting out you won't be able to drive a stock ITR anywhere close to it's physical limits, do yourself a favor and work on being a faster driver. Save your money, the car is fine.
They aren't built for power but since he was wanting to do something to have his magical "200 whp" mark, then a K is the way to go. I don't see how OGHT has anything to do with this. I was simply stating my opinion for his power goals.
00 ITR #739
Sleeved 2.0L B18C5 --> JDM K20A --> 07 K24A2
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Just for future clarification, let's have:

track = HPDE's
drag strip = drag strip
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

Am just going to save up for headers & hondata, then go from there to get to 200whp.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

No need to buy two. :P

FYI I would look into Neptune options over Hondata.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

coolhandluke wrote:No need to buy two. :P

FYI I would look into Neptune options over Hondata.

I already have a chipped p28 from speed innovations, can i just get the hondata installed into the p28? would it be cheaper?

I will look into that neptune. I just want to get my car tuned for now with just the stock headers, 2.5inch exhaust & intake to see if maybe i can pull a good 180whp on pump. I was thinking of tuning with e85 but i don't know what size injectors & where to get them from so that they just plug into the obd-1. Also I already have a bosch 650 fuel pump so all i need is the injectors.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Neptune or Hondata will go right into a socketed P28 like you have.

Another vote for Neptune here over hondata.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

For the money, I'd say Neptune as well.

But really, it all depends on the local tuner in your area and what they prefer. If that's who you trust and will be taking the car to for tuning, ask they what they use/tune/prefer.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

CRX-R wrote: I already have a chipped p28 from speed innovations, can i just get the hondata installed into the p28? would it be cheaper?

I will look into that neptune. I just want to get my car tuned for now with just the stock headers, 2.5inch exhaust & intake to see if maybe i can pull a good 180whp on pump. I was thinking of tuning with e85 but i don't know what size injectors & where to get them from so that they just plug into the obd-1. Also I already have a bosch 650 fuel pump so all i need is the injectors.
As Erik and Dave mentioned, both of these options will work with your ODBI P28. Dave also mentioned some great advice, and that is, stick with what your tuner prefers. I still would push for Neptune. It offers some extra usability and security benefits over Hondata. I would stay away from e85, injectors, and bigger fuel pumps. E85 fuel isn't widely available. This is a street car, so the last thing you want is to get stranded on a road trip when you couldn't find the right fuel. Your setup isn't calling for bigger injectors yet so don't worry about those. I see no reason why you should install the Bosche 650 fuel pump, just keep it stock.

Keep in mind peak whp numbers lie. I really wouldn't focus on a "magical number" to aim for. Every dyno is different in it's individual numbers. Factors like the individual calibration, type of dyno, weather, etcl, all play a role. The re tremendous differences just in the tuner's calibration of the dyno and whether or not it is a dynopack/dynojet or mustang dyno (load-based). I don't have a digital dyno graph for my car to post, but in short the numbers read 167hp/127tq. Those numbers may sound bad, especially if your hoping for 200whp, but the peak numbers really don't mean much. More important items are when does your setup start making max torque, how long does it make max torque, are there dips in my power curve (why, how can it be resolved), etc.

Some good reading on the subject of tuning, dyno graphs, more:

Horsepower and Torque: Analyzing Power Curves:
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/ar ... icleID=467

Why Peak WHP Can Lie: Transient Response Concept:
http://www.team-integra.net/sections/ar ... icleID=286

Horsepower and Torque: What does it all mean?
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/displ ... Position=1

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

Thanks all for your knowledgeable advice. Yea I put the Bosch pump in cause i didn't have a stock pump available and i had that one laying around from my old mr2 turbo setup.
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

I am hoping to get the car dynoed in about a month or so down in Miami when i go pick the car up and I will post the result. As far as tuning goes should i have the car tuned in Miami, FL or where i live now in North Carolina? I really need to know this cause the weather difference is huge!!!
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

I would get in tuned in North Carolina for two reasons: That is where you will be living (climate, elevation, etc., all play a role) and that is where Jack Harris from P1 Auto lives. He is one of the top Honda tuners. B18CXr here on ITRCA. P.S. Jack is also a Neptune dealer.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

^ I second all of this.
98spec022
ITRCA Member

Post by 98spec022 »

^^ I'll third all of that. I drove 1400 miles round trip for a Jack tune.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

98spec022 wrote:^^ I'll third all of that. I drove 1400 miles round trip for a Jack tune.
and 4th. Can't beat Jack.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

coolhandluke wrote:I would get in tuned in North Carolina for two reasons: That is where you will be living (climate, elevation, etc., all play a role) and that is where Jack Harris from P1 Auto lives. He is one of the top Honda tuners. B18CXr here on ITRCA. P.S. Jack is also a Neptune dealer.

wow that is music to my ears, i am dying to get my engine tuned!!! How much does neptune cost?
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

where are you in North Carolina?
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Neptune prices are in the $300 range, but I would PM Jack for exact pricing.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

itrsteez wrote:where are you in North Carolina?

Mooresville
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

coolhandluke wrote:Neptune prices are in the $300 range, but I would PM Jack for exact pricing.

Yea I pmed him like 2 days ago still waiting for an answer.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CRX-R wrote:

Mooresville
CMP territory, swing down either of the next two weekends, there will be various people from here either weekend.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

CRX-R wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:Neptune prices are in the $300 range, but I would PM Jack for exact pricing.

I know he doesn't post everyday etc., so give him another day or so to respond. I would give him to the weekend.

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

itrsteez wrote:
CRX-R wrote:

Mooresville
CMP territory, swing down either of the next two weekends, there will be various people from here either weekend.

Where are there some good racing action around cause here in Mooresville the hangouts suck
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

coolhandluke wrote:
CRX-R wrote:

I know he doesn't post everyday etc., so give him another day or so to respond. I would give him to the weekend.

Yea i am not in a hurry. Thanks.