B16B pistons in a B18C5

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: B16B pistons in a B18C5

Post by itrsteez »

CRX-R wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
CRX-R wrote:
itrsteez wrote:where are you in North Carolina?

Mooresville
CMP territory, swing down either of the next two weekends, there will be various people from here either weekend.

Where are there some good racing action around cause here in Mooresville the hangouts suck
There are road courses all over, you might have to travel a bit. CMP should be less than two hours from you
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

itrsteez wrote:
There are road courses all over, you might have to travel a bit. CMP should be less than two hours from you

WAY way less.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

itrsteez wrote:
CRX-R wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
CRX-R wrote:
itrsteez wrote:where are you in North Carolina?

Mooresville
CMP territory, swing down either of the next two weekends, there will be various people from here either weekend.

Where are there some good racing action around cause here in Mooresville the hangouts suck
Is there a website for CMP? Is there any specific organizations that run out there? Am trying to get into some type of class.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=cm[&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#sclient=psy&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=cfk&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial&source=hp&q=cmp&aq=f&aqi=g5&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=2289185d5cea093

Third result down. :P
Last edited by coolhandluke on November 4th, 2010, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CRX-R wrote: Is there a website for CMP? Is there any specific organizations that run out there? Am trying to get into some type of class.
NASA South East
Turn One Track Events
Carolinas PCA
Tarheel Sports Car Club
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

itrsteez wrote:
CRX-R wrote: Is there a website for CMP? Is there any specific organizations that run out there? Am trying to get into some type of class.
NASA South East
Turn One Track Events
Carolinas PCA
Tarheel Sports Car Club

Nice thanks.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Will you be able to make it out either of the next two weekends?

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

coolhandluke wrote:Will you be able to make it out either of the next two weekends?

I wont have the car up here till after thanksgiving weekend. The Car is still in Miami.

I need some one to take a look at the car and make sure my roll cage & everything is good to run for the nasa honda challenge. I am wondering if I can run street tires on the track or do i need competition tires?
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CRX-R wrote:
coolhandluke wrote:Will you be able to make it out either of the next two weekends?

I wont have the car up here till after thanksgiving weekend. The Car is still in Miami.

I need some one to take a look at the car and make sure my roll cage & everything is good to run for the nasa honda challenge. I am wondering if I can run street tires on the track or do i need competition tires?
Don't take this as insulting as I'm trying to help, but with the tire question I'm now curious. Do you have prior track experience? To run HC you'd have to work your way up the HPDE ladder and get your Comp License and that won't be an instant process. However, if you haven't done any of that then you're located in an awesome region. There's a bunch of us that run with NASA South East if you want to come out and play.

Here's the Rules and Classification for Honda Challenge
http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Honda-Challenge.pdf
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

itrsteez wrote:
CRX-R wrote:

Don't take this as insulting as I'm trying to help, but with the tire question I'm now curious. Do you have prior track experience? To run HC you'd have to work your way up the HPDE ladder and get your Comp License and that won't be an instant process. However, if you haven't done any of that then you're located in an awesome region. There's a bunch of us that run with NASA South East if you want to come out and play.

Here's the Rules and Classification for Honda Challenge
http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Honda-Challenge.pdf
No insult taken as a matter of fact i need help getting into the HPDE events. I have a competition license but no experience racing my honda at the track. I appreciate your help a lot!!!
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

I might have to do some HPDE events in order to get into the honda challenge right? Only thing that sucks for me is that i don't have another seat and seat belts for an instructor to ride along. I could put some stock seat in there and some stock seat belts, but if i have an OMP Racing seat with G-Force 6 point belt, will i have to put the same setup on the passenger side.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

If you have a comp license with nasa then I'm sure you can skip all of the hpde stuff, I wasn't sure of your background.
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

itrsteez wrote:If you have a comp license with nasa then I'm sure you can skip all of the hpde stuff, I wasn't sure of your background.

Well i don't mind doing some HPDE events to get some experience in my honda around the track, cause i have never taken to the track yet, but i just would like to skip the part of having the instructor with me. See also i don't have a comp license with NASA i got it from skip barber racing school. I went to the 3 day open wheel car one.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

CRX-R wrote:
itrsteez wrote:If you have a comp license with nasa then I'm sure you can skip all of the hpde stuff, I wasn't sure of your background.

Well i don't mind doing some HPDE events to get some experience in my honda around the track, cause i have never taken to the track yet, but i just would like to skip the part of having the instructor with me. See also i don't have a comp license with NASA i got it from skip barber racing school. I went to the 3 day open wheel car one.
Well if you have the background I highly doubt you'll have to sign up for hpde-1 and just skip to 2 or 3
stinkycheezmonky
New ITRCA Member

Post by stinkycheezmonky »

You'll have to email the registrar for the event you want to do, and they will place you. Most organizations will want to do some kind of "check ride" to make sure you know what you're doing and will be safe. If you don't have a passenger seat (typical for race cars) they'll do a lead-follow.

On the instructor note, whether you have a Skippy license or not if that's ALL the experience you have I'd suggest taking advantage of some instruction, especially since you're going into a different car than you're used to. Hell, I've been doing this for 7 years and still like getting instruction when I can. If you just want to get right into racing, well, that's another story. Racing has a way of educating you QUICKLY anyway :) And if you have oodles of experience beyond the Skippy school that you just haven't mentioned that's all a moot point.
B18CXr
ITRCA Member

Post by B18CXr »

16B pistons in a C5 all day long.... Rev it and rock out.

I've done +6 motors with them and they are a great OEM option.

P.S. I have a NIB Neptune for sale (inventory) that I've gotta sell ASAP.
Yack-
2002 Honda Challenge H1 Champion
Neptune, Apexi, AEM EMS certified tuner
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

stinkycheezmonky wrote:You'll have to email the registrar for the event you want to do, and they will place you. Most organizations will want to do some kind of "check ride" to make sure you know what you're doing and will be safe. If you don't have a passenger seat (typical for race cars) they'll do a lead-follow.

On the instructor note, whether you have a Skippy license or not if that's ALL the experience you have I'd suggest taking advantage of some instruction, especially since you're going into a different car than you're used to. Hell, I've been doing this for 7 years and still like getting instruction when I can. If you just want to get right into racing, well, that's another story. Racing has a way of educating you QUICKLY anyway :) And if you have oodles of experience beyond the Skippy school that you just haven't mentioned that's all a moot point.

Well the only time that i got on a real world road course track was from the skip barber school, but other than that just a couple of years of experience from autocross that it. I really do just want to get into the racing. I been wanting to for quite some time now.
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

B18CXr wrote:16B pistons in a C5 all day long.... Rev it and rock out.

I've done +6 motors with them and they are a great OEM option.

P.S. I have a NIB Neptune for sale (inventory) that I've gotta sell ASAP.

Yea maybe ill do the B16B piston later, I really want to get my car tuned for now. Do you tune hondata?
B18CXr
ITRCA Member

Post by B18CXr »

Do you tune hondata

Matt and Doug are tools, but yes.
Yack-
2002 Honda Challenge H1 Champion
Neptune, Apexi, AEM EMS certified tuner
CRX-R
New ITRCA Member

Post by CRX-R »

B18CXr wrote:Do you tune hondata

O ok i will let you know, when i bring the car up. Thanks.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

B18CXr wrote:Do you tune hondata

My DD needs a retune and is on S200 (for now). Dyno day?

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

dan is wanting to also sometime this spring if you guys want to get into something together
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Erik95LS wrote:dan is wanting to also sometime this spring if you guys want to get into something together
Why don't we try to do it December 4th weekend?

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

I are need toonz
coolhandluke
401R