Pledges for Ledges/Chump Car

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: Pledges for Ledges/Chump Car

Post by itrsteez »

98spec022 wrote:Regional director of what organization?
The Eastern Region (which covers OH and NC), he said final word is up to whomever is doing tech but from the sounds of it the most we'd be subject to is a few penalty laps. They don't handle value by what you paid for anything as that can be askew, but yet they handle value based off what the car is roughly worth... Fair value for a 94 integra is $680 and "Poor" value isn't even listed (which it would easily classify for). So we're safe in that dept.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
98spec022
ITRCA Member

Post by 98spec022 »

Oh oh Chump Car, for some reason I was thinking Lemons
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

98spec022 wrote:Oh oh Chump Car, for some reason I was thinking Lemons
oh no, they won't crush your car either. At most they can purchase your car at any time for $1500, at which point we thank them and go eat the most ballin' dinner. Maybe go to hooters and get the wing plate with Dom P; you know, real class.
98spec022
ITRCA Member

Post by 98spec022 »

Thats the we-todd way
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Steve, You already know I'd be in to drive.

I can offer advice on car build if you guys need anything/have questions/need pics of what we've done/etc.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

reposting from honda-tech, but figured it applied here too.

Steve: I've seen most seats around here go for 800-1000, which seems a bit crazy to me.

We sold a seat for one race for $700 and shared the winnings with that driver since the car got 3rd for that race.

It's $500 for the car, plus $100 for each driver, plus $75 for license (if needed). We usually end around around $550 each for 4 drivers when all is said and done. (including tow gas, car gas, entry fees, hotel)

At Sebring club course (killer on brakes and gas) we were using a "full" tank every 1:30-1:45 depending on driver. The faster drivers were around 1:30-1:35 before getting fuel starvation around corners.

Chump>Lemons IMO for many many reasons, although with all the full course yellows we had at CMP that one year we did get KILLER fuel economy in the hatchback

Oh, and the car build for us went WAY overbudget, but when you think about it..

car = ~500
cage =500-2000 (1600 for us)
tires, 2 sets = 800
spare set of wheels = 200ish
seat = ~300
harness ~100 or whatever
steering wheel with quick release (if desired, we wanted one) = 300 or so
rollcage padding, depends on how much you need but say 100ish, I forget how much we spent...
brakes another 400+

that's already an easy 4000+ if you go with a custom cage, 3200+ with autopower pretty easily.. then add in any repairs needed, lights for night races, kill switch/other switches, hoodpins if needed, etc.. gets expensive.

We also bought a HANS to share which didn't help our budget any.. I'd like to get another to make driver changes faster too..
-Dave
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

itrsteez wrote:
98spec022 wrote:Regional director of what organization?
The Eastern Region (which covers OH and NC), he said final word is up to whomever is doing tech but from the sounds of it the most we'd be subject to is a few penalty laps. They don't handle value by what you paid for anything as that can be askew, but yet they handle value based off what the car is roughly worth... Fair value for a 94 integra is $680 and "Poor" value isn't even listed (which it would easily classify for). So we're safe in that dept.
Keep it stock and you'll be fine. Trust me. We don't get penalty laps so you won't either if you stay OEM. Free mods/ghetto engineering works (however "I got this AEM intake, JDM ITR header and springs for free" doesn't work), plus you can buy 5 laps for $100 of charity monies, so you can at least zero out up to 5 laps.
-Dave
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Yeah it'll get nasty in the spending dept once the nickel and diming adds up. Sucks they have the 190 treadwear rule, just knocks andy's free RE-11's out of the runnings. What are you running? The new star specs have a tw rating of 200 but I'm not sure if we're going to ball that hard.

Shooting from the hip I'd probably say seats would more than likely be around 650ish with 5 drivers (maybe less with 6), it's an 1100 mile highway round trip itself. Ideally I'd like the math to work out that nobody is paying for the car build itself but discounting the registration for andy and I a bit, tires/brakes/fuel and then incidentals. I know I'll come out of pocket heavily but that's an associated cost of good times and excellent driver education.
Last edited by itrsteez on November 18th, 2010, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Yeah we run starspecs.. not the most preferred tire for all out street tire performance these days, but probably the best that's legal.
-Dave
pasaunde1
ITRCA Member

Post by pasaunde1 »

Steve

Make a list of every nut bolt and spare part that you think you'll need and send it out so people can start going thru their parts bins. I'm bound to have a few things I can donate.
2010 NASA SE TTFun Champion

"Time is the fire in which we burn"
-Delmore Schwartz
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

pasaunde1 wrote:Steve

Make a list of every nut bolt and spare part that you think you'll need and send it out so people can start going thru their parts bins. I'm bound to have a few things I can donate.
Excellent idea. Whatever spare bolts/parts I can spare are 100% donated to this project.

Seat wise, what options are you guys looking at?

I understand having a mixed number of driver shapes + endurance factor will probably play a role there.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Good idea, are you interested in driving this pile? I know Ohio is sort of a haul but the offer is out there.
coolhandluke wrote:Excellent idea. Whatever spare bolts/parts I can spare are 100% donated to this project.

Seat wise, what options are you guys looking at?

I understand having a mixed number of driver shapes + endurance factor will probably play a role there.
Not 100% sure yet, andy offered up throwing one of his seats in to save money, we'll see when the time gets closer.
Last edited by itrsteez on November 19th, 2010, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
98spec022
ITRCA Member

Post by 98spec022 »

The two seats I've spent time in both have a 430mm bucket width. I could squeeze into something smaller but it wouldn't be good for long stints.

I can even bring a seat + rails from the R if need be since we'll be running a G3 teg.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

Excellent, I can probably do the same if needed with a pole position.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Nice!
pasaunde1
ITRCA Member

Post by pasaunde1 »

itrsteez wrote:

Good idea, are you interested in driving this pile? I know Ohio is sort of a haul but the offer is out there.

I've been thinking about it, I need to take a look at vacation and how everything is going to fall in with the NASA schedule. I'll probably be changing jobs the 1st of the year and will loose some flexibility with time off. Cub loves a good race :twisted:

-Delmore Schwartz
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Cool deal. Unless AMP opens then Oct is wide open, I know it'll be a little close to your TTfun battles at Nationals.
Hooch'n
ITRCA Member

Post by Hooch'n »

itrsteez wrote:Cool deal. Unless AMP opens then Oct is wide open, I know it'll be a little close to your TTfun battles at Nationals.

non sense -- Nationals is 4 weeks before --- Roebling Rd is the weekend before nationals :)
We-Todd-Did-Racing
NCCAR - www.nasa-southeast.com
CMP - turnonetrackevents.com

2/2000 PY
Hatchcrap
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

98spec022 wrote:The two seats I've spent time in both have a 430mm bucket width. I could squeeze into something smaller but it wouldn't be good for long stints.

I can even bring a seat + rails from the R if need be since we'll be running a G3 teg.
Those XL SPG's are definitely cozy. And would be an awesome addition.
Hooch'n wrote: non sense -- Nationals is 4 weeks before --- Roebling Rd is the weekend before nationals :)
It was a little blasphemous. Not sure if cub would want to do 2 Ohio trips in a month.
Fatchance187
New ITRCA Member

Post by Fatchance187 »

"cub" lol!
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

Steve U already know that Nelson Ledge's & Mid-Ohio are my two backyard tracks. So U know that I'm game as a driver/pit-worker. It'll be AWESOME to have the We-Todd Goof's rep'n up in this region.
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
R.I.P. C.R.C. & 97 CW-R 0158 12/17/04
Parts F.S.: http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12541
pasaunde1
ITRCA Member

Post by pasaunde1 »

Steve
I snagged some old 1300lb lifting straps during my last visit to CA, could be used for front & rear tow straps if you want them?
Any news on the parts list?

-Delmore Schwartz
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Nothing yet, have been slammed with holiday and end of semester bs.. I'm hoping to have the shitpile down by you guys in early january.
wolydotmatrix
New ITRCA Member

Post by wolydotmatrix »

As far as seats go, I can get custom Aluminum race seats made for $300 w/ padding and pleather. Same as are in my pile. Just saying if your spending $600 on one, you could get two diffent sizes if needed or just build different inserts with a slightly larger primary seat. A trash bag and a can of great stuff goes along way. I would like to contrubute to the parts list as well. Would have to make your own rails.

Do the belts have to be in-date?/ I asume so. I have older(2005) 3" belts 5point..
"Oversteer is when your ass hits the wall, Understeer is when your face hits the wall!"
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

wolydotmatrix wrote:As far as seats go, I can get custom Aluminum race seats made for $300 w/ padding and pleather. Same as are in my pile. Just saying if your spending $600 on one, you could get two diffent sizes if needed or just build different inserts with a slightly larger primary seat. A trash bag and a can of great stuff goes along way. I would like to contrubute to the parts list as well. Would have to make your own rails.

Do the belts have to be in-date?/ I asume so. I have older(2005) 3" belts 5point..
Yes belts have to be in date... 5 years IIRC for Chump..
-Dave