2001 ACURA INTEGRA TYPE R
Mileage: 82786 miles
Exterior Color: Nighthawk Black Pearl
Interior Color: Black Seude/Alcantara with Faux CF Accents
Title: Clear
VIN: Available Upon Request
Badge Number: 01-0445
Asking Price: $12,000

Up for sale is my 2001 Acura Integra Type R. It has 82,786 miles and is up to date on all of its scheduled maintenance. Within the last 10,000 miles the valve lash has been adjusted, the timing belt has been changed, the transmission fluid has been changed, and the water pump has been changed. All of this maintenance was performed by a certified Honda mechanic under the supervision of the previous owner, who is a good friend of mine.

As for owners, there have been 3. The first owner was a couple from Somerset, KY (Jason Hardy and his wife) who bought the car from a dealership north of here, and the second owner was my friend Bill Reynolds who also lives in Lexington, KY. The third owner is of course me. I have had the car since late 2008 when I purchased it from Bill. He owned the car for an extended period of time even before I knew him. All of this information should be verified by the AutoCheck, but I wanted to give you all of the details.

There are a couple of minor upgrades to the vehicle that were performed by the previous owner. The vehicle has stainless steel brake lines, which gives a great solid feel under braking. If you do not wish to have these on the vehicle, I was also given the OEM pieces when I bought it. Also, the exhaust manifold has been switched out for a JDM OEM long tube version. The last modificaton is a higher flowing catalytic converter. The vehicle functions flawlessly with these modifications. There are no malfunction lights on in the dash gauge cluster and there have never been for as long as I have owned the vehicle.

This vehicle is not 100% perfect on its exterior, but it is still in very good condition considering its age. It has some small rock chips in the hood and on the front bumper and also a couple of scrapes on the front lower spoiler. I have tried to show the blemishes on the front surfaces of the car in the pictures and the small ding on the door edge in the last picture. As you might expect, there is a scratch here and there, but everything major has been shown in my pictures.

On the interior, there are also a couple of snags in the seats. The material lends itself to snags because of the webbed fabric design, but other than the couple of areas that I've shown in the pictures the seats are in good condition. That's about it for problems other than a small problem with the ashtray not lining up that I can't seem to easily figure out. I think it would probably be an easy fix for someone who knows a little more about how to take apart the center console, but this never bothered me enough to look into it. The piece still functions just fine, but it sags down toward the cup holder a small amount. I've seen several of these vehicles with matted seat and arm rest fabric, but this is not one of them. The interior is in great condition other than the small problems listed above.

The car has been professionally detailed both inside and out, but it is still very dusty in the pictures from sitting in my garage. I cleaned it with a little bit of quick detailer before snapping my photos, but it could still use a quick vacuuming and car wash.

This car has always been maintained meticulously. The oil is changed regularly, much before the suggested 3,000 mile interval. In the two years that I have owned the car, I have only put less than 7,000 miles on it but the oil has been changed at least 8 times. It stays garaged at my home in Lexington, KY with a trickle charger on the battery and never sees precipitation. The original owner's manual in the leather-bound book is still with the vehicle and includes the original owner's address and information. I also have two original keys and the original valet key. There is an alarm on the vehicle that includes keyless entry and I have two remotes for it as well. Unfortunately, the spare tire is missing, but the jack and the original tools are there.

A few maintenance items have been replaced. I recently replaced both upper ball joint boots on the front suspension because they were cracking. I also replaced the passenger's side shock because it was leaking. All of the parts were replaced with new Honda OEM parts. The previous owner replaced the distributor with a Distributor King polished piece when he was having ignition problems, so that part only has less than 25,000 miles on it as well. The last piece of maintenance work is the spark plug wires. I replaced those with NGK spark plug wires. I wasn't too fond of the blue color, but at least they're NGK. The Honda OEM brake pads and Kumho MX tires are in good condition and will last the next owner for quite some time.

I have tried my best to represent this car to the best of my knowledge. If there are other areas that you have questions about that I have not answered, please feel free to ask through a private message. Arrangements to pick up or ship the vehicle should be made by the buyer. I will be very accommodating with this, but I will consider any and all requests to ship the vehicle internationally as fraud.

Many will ask why I am selling the car. I am looking to get rid of it because my fiance (soon to be wife) is heading to graduate school soon and I will be the sole provider for us. Because of this, the fun car that only sits in the garage must go and I have to become practical. It's sad, but I'm sure the new owner will give it a great life as well.

Thank you for your interest. If you have any questions or would like to request more pictures, please feel free to ask. Serious inquiries only, please.

Last edited by Mistamike17 on December 3rd, 2010, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itrtrakking
New ITRCA Member

Re: FS: 2001 Integra Type R #445 82k Miles

Post by itrtrakking »

please send me phone number i want this car will give deposit if needed
itrtrakking
New ITRCA Member

Post by itrtrakking »

the_sheak@live.com please get back to me asap
Mistamike17
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mistamike17 »

Already sent it to you, man. Check your email.
fullybuilt2.0
ITRCA Member

Post by fullybuilt2.0 »

very nice!! GLWS;)
DD: 01 NHBP ITR #873
Mistamike17
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mistamike17 »

Make an offer.
Mistamike17
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mistamike17 »

$11,500 bump.
Mistamike17
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mistamike17 »

Pending sale.
Punkey
New ITRCA Member

Post by Punkey »

I saw that this car was relisted on eBay recently, is it still available?