ITR 00-0107

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
sptrescue
ITRCA Member

ITR 00-0107

Post by sptrescue »

Hey all, just wanted to give an update in reference to this ITR.

I was speaking with the owner earlier this year about possibly buyer heR after I saw an ad for the R on Craigslist. Immediately after I contacted her the ad disappeared, which I thought was odd because I wasn't that serious but the car was definitely one to consider.

Car was a one owner, which immediately caught my attention and the owner was a female, which was even better. Car has been stored outside its whole life, yes outside, and no one had ever attempted to steal/vandalize/damage this vehicle whatsoever. It was kept under a car cover in her driveway along with 7 other racecars so I guess unless you knew what you were looking for, one would just conclude it's just another race car.

Anyways after playing phone tag with the lady and never getting any clear responses I started to dwindle away from thinking about buying this car due to the fact that it was hard to reach her. But the information I did gather sounded great. She was a one owner, with 56,410 original miles, interior was pristine other than dirt on the floor mat and she only drove it occasionally. She did mention the car had been autocrossed on a few parking lots a few times but other than that it was pretty much a toy for her for the first few years, then she lost interest. Car was located in NJ. She was orignally asking $16,000 for the car, I thought that was fair due to the low mileage, one owner, and clean title. The only negative thing she ever said about the car was that from when she parked it outside it had alot of acorn dents on the hood obviously where acorns had fallen on it.

A few months later I'm still trying to make contact with her and she calls me back oneday out of nowhere. She advised me she had to take the caR to the shop to get some repair work done, which immediately caught my attention as I thought the only thing wrong was the acorn dents, and while it was there it had been stripped and raped. Car was supposedly getting an ABS light turned off and if I remember correctly something with the fuel pump. Then she advises me it's the same shop she used the R for last time. So I asked her why the R was there and she stated for general maintenance and to have upgraded suspension installed. She also advised the driver side Type R decal was scratched and removed, and never replaced. She sent me a picture of the shell and.....damn.....thieves took everything. The shell looked pretty sad sitting there, appeared to still have 5 lug but that was it. Even the glass was gone. Owner also sent me some pictures of the car, I posted one roughly 6 months back and most of you had nothing good to say about all the rust in the engine bay, I will say that is one reason I backed off this R, sure it was a one owner, 56k original miles and clean title but the Titanic doesn't even have this much rust.

2000 Black ITR
Badge # 00-0107
56,410 original miles last I had heard

Can only conclude she did not recover the shell and have lost anotheR foreveR

Doespike if you want the VIN# just let me know.

The lady was pretty nice all in all, I really just want to conclude she is a very busy lady and just didn't have time to talk to me about the sale of the car as much as I would've liked. I do have my own ideas as to why all of a sudden the vehicle was taken to the shop when supposedly nothing was wrong with it, but I'm not accusing anyone of anything.

Just wanted to update some people on a sad R story, hope everyone had a Great Thanksgiving, Happy Holidays as well.
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Re: ITR 00-0107

Post by itrsteez »

Fucking new jersey, glad you're taking your time finding the right ITR for you dude.
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
itr #1334
ITRCA Member

Post by itr #1334 »

wow thats a sad story.
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

:sigh:
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Goddamm thieves..not the first time an R was stripped while at a shop...probably won't be the last.

Thanks for posting up all that information..very helpful. Hopefully someone picks up the shell and rebuilds.
Yeah, any pictures you have of it, before or after the strippage would be appreciated. :beer:

Does the VIN end 001409?
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
sptrescue
ITRCA Member

Post by sptrescue »

Doespike wrote: Does the VIN end 001409?
10-4....Dang, you know your crap.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

sptrescue wrote:
Doespike wrote: Does the VIN end 001409?
10-4....Dang, you know your crap.
LOL! he's good
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

8)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
beastnatch
ITRCA Member

Post by beastnatch »

Sad. I hope her insurance doesn't screw her around.
2001 Integra Type-R NBP #201
http://www.integratyper.org - ITR Registry!