Trade in VALUE of my ITR???

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
fullybuilt2.0
ITRCA Member

Trade in VALUE of my ITR???

Post by fullybuilt2.0 »

Hey guys! I been looking around and I finally spotted my eye on my new car. I was thinking about trading old 873 for it. I don't know what the trade in value are on ITRs and was wondering if any of you guys have a clue or have traded their itr in the Dealership before. My 01 itr has 69k on the clock with a CLEAN TITLE. Some of you have seen her pics of on here before and knows that she's very beautiful.

Yes I been trying to sell her for a while now and nothing came up, just a bunch of BullSh!t and RICERS kids. Its not a everyday thing when someone wakes up and wants to buy a itr. This is the itr market and it is very hard "BUYING that right ITR or SELLING your ITRs." I know half of you guys are going to KILL me but I really like this other car and really I just want something I can daily driver with out worrying about the miles, the weather, it being stolen, you guys know how it is when you own a itr. Haha im a picky guy but really I want something I can mash through the snow (no trucks :p) and yea kids are coming soon...haha naw I have my priced on here for $14,900 and was j/w if I would even get any where closed to that at the dealers? I going to talk to them tomorrow so ill let you guys know what's sup. If they tell me $9-10k, ill just keep my itr until she sells or if not she'll still be the king of the blockng.

Any help would be great. Thanks itr owners of ITRCA........Oh yeah the car im looking at is a STI..........haha j/k. You guys will just have to wait and see;)
DD: 01 NHBP ITR #873
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Re: Trade in VALUE of my ITR???

Post by Doespike »

Honestly haven't heard of a trade-in in awhile....but guarantee they will low ball the isht out of you. Market value is still > than any book value. I'd bet you'll hear anything from $7-10k. I am a little interested to hear what they offer though..
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

You have to be patient, it's part of selling an ITR... Also you have to look at where you live as a factor in making this a difficult sale.

You will get boned trading it in though. And from there it will go to auto auction and then god knows where, you will forefit the benefit of knowing where the car went and being able to keep up with the new owner (which is important to me)
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

6-9k is my guess of what they will offer you unless the sales person really knows what it is.

If you come off your listed price 1-2k you'll sell it. Market is definitely a buyers market these days.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

I agree with dave, but I'm sure if that car was in CA or somewhere east of the mississippi it would have been sold already.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Is the car really in Montana???

Yes, that will make a HUGE difference.

OP, maybe offer to split shipping of the car?

itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

In addition it is a horrid time of the year to sell, hang on for tax return season and re-evaluate.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Oh, good point!

Tax return will be a much better time.

CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Dealership in Montana = $4,500 trade in offer. I wouldn't expect anything more.
-Eric
fullybuilt2.0
ITRCA Member

Post by fullybuilt2.0 »

Sorry guys i didn't get a chance to go out last night cause all hell broke loose with the weather but i went out today after work and Will I got some good news and bad news! Bad news is that the car I was looking @ is sold but that deallership only value My itr @ $9,500 which was toyota and lexus of spokane Wa. I asked them if they could do any better and way is my itr only worth $9,500 to them. they said that right now in the market no one is going to buy a itr for more them $10,500 and if I did trade it in they wouldn't sale it more them $10,500. I call that bullSH!T.

I remember a couple months back there was a 01 PY itr for sale at appleway honda and acura also here in town. So I went there and talked to a guy name Mark. he was very cool and knew his caR. He told me, he was the one who sold the itr. It was a trade in also. The give him $12,500 cause it was super clean with only 64k on it. Only 1 owner he said. They had it for sale for about 6 weeks at 17k and no bought it. Then they drop the price down to $14,999 and the next day someone from seattle came and cash it out for $14,700. Not a bad price for a clean title itr but anyways back to my story. They would only give me $10,800-11,500 depending on the condition of my itr. I told them if they give me 13k I would traded it plus cash on top for a 07 TL type s for $21k with 49k that they had in the show room. He told me they can't give me more cause they have to make atleast $2k more then what they bought it for and it very hard getting their price back plus they have to look at my R first but I don't have my itr, with me cause it Parked up in MT at my parents houses cause I don't have any room for it here in Wa where I live. He said drive it down here and if it clean like in the pics he might go higher. I told him maybe when the snow goes away cause there was just a snow blizzard just yesterday.

I haven't tried other dealers cause Im not really interested in any other cars. I told my self if I don't get more the $13,500 im not going to do it cause I know if I was to price my itr here for that. It would had already been sold but I know what my caR is worth and I told him ill give him a call this spring. I think im just going to hang on to her a little longer untill I get my asking price. I know that she worth every penny cause when i bought her she was my every penny:) All around a itr still holds up it name and values. You just have to take it to the right person and dealership. May be this summer I can finally sale the R and settle with a IS350:p
DD: 01 NHBP ITR #873
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Dissertation aside you have to remember that dealerships are not car collectors, they have to return profits when possible. Post your car for 13,000 and I'm sure it'll go private party.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Why not just list it for $13,500 then?

turbohf
ITRCA Member

Post by turbohf »

funny I came across this post, buddy last night suggested the same thing to me. but I won't get dick cuz I have a "bad title"....
1997 Integra Type R #00095 ~ Daily Driver :)
cmscanuck
New ITRCA Member

Post by cmscanuck »

Where the dealership is located can play a big part. While I was buying a truck in east Texas, just for jollies I asked what the trade-in value for my ITR was. They gave me a laughable quote of $2000, even after explaining to them the kind of car it was. His reasoning was that no one would pay that much for an used import in east TX.