Headlight help/questions

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Headlight help/questions

Post by Little_Nolan »

I have had these headlights sitting in my garage for several years now, along with a few other sets but these have something different and I am not sure what it is or why its there. I have a set retrofitted but it is old and not working properly so I plan on either re-doing those headlights or retrofitting one of my other sets including these since they are the cleanest set I have, but I dont want to mess something up that I am not familiar with.

Please look at the little spring loaded scale thingy at the top left of the headlight, this one seems to be a lot larger than the one that is currently on my 98' R and on the other 2 sets of lights I have lying around (both 97 & 98 spec). Also appears to have a plug or something in the back of it. Please lend advice or info if you know what they are or why they are there because the only thing I can come up with is they are for DTRL from the canadian market or something from Europe somewhere.

Here is the difference, one on the right is in question, left one I know is USDM:

Here is the plug like thing I am talking about:

Here is back of USDM one, just a bolt:

Here is an extra pic, light pair on top is the odd set, light on bottom is USDM for comparison:

Thanks for any help,

Nate
I KILL car thieves.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Re: Headlight help/questions

Post by Erik95LS »

those difference in the levelers don't matter. As long as it's a 98-01 headlight it'll work.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

Are the vertical leveling adjustments the same? The Left and Right ones aren't as important, but that's weird you can't even adjust it on your weird headlights.

But, if you look closely, the leveler things are screwed into the headlight assemblies by those two small screws. I know you can remove them, perhaps you can just swap them over.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

That's not the part you adjust. Its just where you read the level gauge.
-Erik

Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

Erik: its not the part that you read out to level the whole light fixture with the little air bubble in water, I am thinking this is the adjuster to the projector like Yummies stated.

KOALA YUMMIES wrote:Are the vertical leveling adjustments the same? The Left and Right ones aren't as important, but that's weird you can't even adjust it on your weird headlights.

But, if you look closely, the leveler things are screwed into the headlight assemblies by those two small screws. I know you can remove them, perhaps you can just swap them over.
I dont know what you mean by vertical adjustments and left and right ones, can you explain further??

BTW these are def. OEM Honda lights, it is stamped into the headlight lense on each one and the rear plastic appears to untampered with. There looks to be electrical connections in the back of the adjuster.
I KILL car thieves.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

I don't think that's an electrical connection and again thats not on the adjuster, just on the readout. I'm not seeing what your concern is if you're jut talking about the level readout (which is what all your images focus on); they're irrelevant to any fit and functionality of the headlights. Forgive me if I'm still misunderstanding
-Erik

Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

No need to apologize hot stuff, keep in mind Im am quite the tard sometimes and I was not sure what that part even was or is doing to the headlight.. I guess my concern was that I didnt want to start taking it apart if it was some DTRL or auto leveler thing or something odd from another market and possibly screw it up/mess up the functionality of the part before I really knew what it was. It is not on any of the other 98+ or 94-97 headlights I have so I was just wondering I guess.

Edit: So after looking at it closer, that piece I pictured adjusts the Left <-> Right projection of the projector?
Last edited by Little_Nolan on January 14th, 2011, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I KILL car thieves.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

yeah no idea. I've not seen that type before either.
-Erik

Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

I may have to post on og HT and see if anyone knows why they are differnent and not adjustable
I KILL car thieves.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Here is the piece that would adjust the level electronically. this is on UK headlights. Only market that would have auto levelers.

Whatever that different level readout is for would not get in the way of any US functionality. I say go for it.
-Erik

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Little_Nolan wrote:I may have to post on og HT and see if anyone knows why they are differnent and not adjustable
how are they not adjustable. The adjuster is down on the bottom of the headlight like in the picture I just posted and on the far outside of the headlight. Both use those little wheels
-Erik

Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

Ok well I did not know thats how it was done... I thought it was that nut on the back of the piece I pictured on the USDM headlight that was used to adjust. hats where this confusion is coming from lol
Last edited by Little_Nolan on January 14th, 2011, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I KILL car thieves.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

-Erik

Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

^ Yes that!! as I stated earlier, I can be a tard sometimes :mrgreen:
I KILL car thieves.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Little_Nolan wrote:^ Yes that!! as I stated earlier, I can be a tard sometimes :mrgreen:
haha nah man. I just found that smiley and really wanted to use it. It's all good :P
-Erik

Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

I will just stick them on NWP and say they are EDM and worth a lot... I need to get my books this week!
I KILL car thieves.
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

Erik95LS wrote:That's not the part you adjust. Its just where you read the level gauge.
Oh yeah! lol I only remembered the vertical adj location, forgot they looked the same (that gear looking thing).
Little_Nolan wrote:I will just stick them on NWP and say they are EDM and worth a lot... I need to get my books this week!
:lol: