Emission

Integra Type-R Discussion - Discuss general ITR information, technical information (including requests for technical/mechanical help/assistance), modifications, tuning, etc.
Blurr
New ITRCA Member

Emission

Post by Blurr »

Sup guys, well here goes. I just want to know if anyone ever bought a car outside of California. If you had and live in Cali, what problems or dillemmas have you encountered pertaining to CA emissions? Because I'm thinking of buying a car in New Jersey and bringing it to CALI. Also has anyone bought their car and had it shipped to them. What's a decent shipping cost. Oh BTW, how much did it cost you guys to fix the emission problem?
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Well, shipping from NJ to Cali should run you between 800-1000 for an open carrier, and about 1500-2000 for an enclosed carrier, it really depedns on what time of the year you do it, and how full they already are. Sometimes you can get a good deal if they dont have a full car carrier, and they are heading out your way already any way. As far as emissions go, as far as I'm aware, as long as the car still has a cat on it, you should be ok, though I havn't lived out there in a while, so I'm not sure.

Later,
Aj
Blurr
New ITRCA Member

Post by Blurr »

thanx Aj, I thought I have to have something else done such as other things that have to do with passing emission. BTW we are talking about not modified car.
Aj
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Aj »

Tru, good luck with it...

Later,
Aj