EXPO 5: OFFICIAL Event Information

Previous forum archives from past ITRCA.com Integra Type R Expo Events
White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

Damián, contact me at wmoore@oppd.com - I want to change your status like we spoke about before.
Wes
delahuerta
New ITRCA Member

Post by delahuerta »

White Dragon wrote:Damián, contact me at wmoore@oppd.com - I want to change your status like we spoke about before.
Wes
Hey Wes, sorry I havnt replied to you sooner, i been in a black hole the last week with a client project.....I'll reply to ur email right now.
Damián Dela Huerta - 1993 RX7
http://www.myrx7.com - http://www.myrx7.com/movies/
lethal_vr4
New ITRCA Member

Post by lethal_vr4 »

Hey, Wes are we going to run the track transponders for track times?
Modified 3000GT VR-4
Splitime
New ITRCA Member

Post by Splitime »

lethal_vr4 wrote:Hey, Wes are we going to run the track transponders for track times?
Since expo is an HPDE... there will be no transponders. And per a question/topic about it on the Expo Honda-tech thread... they are deciding on the rules regarding personal timing devices being allowed at all.

Past expos, people have set up their own timing devices, but who knows.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

With the amount of people who are new to the track this year, most of who are first timers I think NO timing devices should be allowed whats so ever. and if found being used they will be confiscated till end of Sunday and miss one session.

I don't need a student trying to prove something to him/herself when I'm not aware of it.
swed
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Rob - you are on target. I don't think any of us that are experienced are suprised at the stance that we (Expo Committee) must take.

Video cameras 'after the fact' will be used, but that's it.
Mist sITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mist sITR »

BudMan wrote: Video cameras 'after the fact' will be used, but that's it.
if this is the case then what would be concitered a "safe" camera mounting device/area?.......since i've seen meny DIY devices with a wide range of "stability"?
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Mark -

Here's the excerpt from our Rules listing:

Camera Mounts:
Camera mounts are allowed but must be approved by the instructors or organizers. A bar that mounts at the rear shoulder harness attachment points is ideal. A camera mount should not be close to either the driver or passenger, and it must hold the camera so securely that it will not come loose during adverse conditions.

What this really means is that a 'head-rest' mount must be approved. I know my old setup was okay (consider I had an additional strap on the end strapped to the back seat post). Generally, the camera MUST be secure. I also had a 'safety' strap around the camera to hold it if the mount broke. Most of the DIY gigs don't bother with multiple safety straps and harnesses.

Now that I've done this stuff a few times - I finally just bought the IOPORT bar + camera mount.

**I have a b-pillar bar & camera mount that is legal and available for $60 I can bring to the Expo if somebody wants it
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Re: BIG QUESTION

Post by Bbasso »

broowni wrote:I live in Angel City CALIFORNIA, YES L.A. my dream car is an integra, i know what a dream. well i was wondering if anyone in here could really help me out i would greatly appreciate it, im looking for JDM Conversion Front End Body kit & headlights for an integra 1995 to a 2001 integra. But i really dont trust online purchasing so if any knows where i can buy a jdm conversion front end body kit and headlights, in southern california please email me or something.. i dont trust online purchasing. i want to pay it cash to the store where im purchasing it. thanx alot!!!
How does this fit in this thread?
swed
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: BIG QUESTION

Post by BudMan »

bbasso wrote:
broowni wrote:I live in Angel City CALIFORNIA...
How does this fit in this thread?
It doesn't. Deleted!

It was so obvious it didn't need explanation. Sorry newbie. Email me at jeff@itrca.com if you have any questions.
ActiveAero
New ITRCA Member

Post by ActiveAero »

I've got a question.

My ITR is currently in the works to have the engine rebuilt. As long as the shops doing the work stay on target everything should work out but in the event it doesn't I assume it will be ok if I come in one of my beater cars?
2001 ITR
13.737@100.4mph
Auto-X ownz my tires.
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

ActiveAero wrote:I've got a question.

My ITR is currently in the works to have the engine rebuilt. As long as the shops doing the work stay on target everything should work out but in the event it doesn't I assume it will be ok if I come in one of my beater cars?
As long as the car is track-worthy & can pass inspection, it should be okay. I would begin to communicate with Chris N as to the type of vehicle, details & whether it would change what class you might be in.

Jeff
aka BudMan
Bradstard
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Bradstard »

Does anyone know how to get the 20% discount from Cobalt Friction on the brakes? I need to get my brakes ordered today and was wondering if there was a promo code or something. Thanks!
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Just tell Andie that you are an expo participant. He has access to the list.

:D
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

Question? are they going to allow passangers on the track at all? i gota couple buddys going down to run thier R's, and im going down to watch and i was just curious if i could ride around with them (with proper helmet of course), or is that a no go. just curious. thanks.
~Kyle
94 Integra GSR
Chris F
ITRCA Member

Post by Chris F »

StatGSR wrote:Question? are they going to allow passangers on the track at all? i gota couple buddys going down to run thier R's, and im going down to watch and i was just curious if i could ride around with them (with proper helmet of course), or is that a no go. just curious. thanks.
~Kyle
Don't you read?! ;)

Just kidding.

ITRCA Expo rules say this...

Passengers:
Passengers on the track are allowed only with the knowledge and permission of the organizers. The ability to take a passenger on track is a revocable privilege, not a right. It is expected that instructors and solo advanced students will be the only people approved to take passengers.

So, it has to be approved, but it sounds good.

I'm hoping my wife can ride around for a few laps. Maybe Budman can clarify how it's been handled at past Expos.

-Chris
CC Fries IV
Sold ITR 98-1085
1993 Prelude VTEC
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Hopefully, this will help clarify...

In past years, ONLY specific advanced students and ALL instructors are allowed to take passengers.

The "ONLY" piece comes in that we want to make VERY sure that we are only allowing those advanced students who we feel are very capable of 'smart' and 'safe' driving will be allowed to do so. There can be a huge difference between the advanced class (someone who has done a couple events & is pretty comfy with their car, but may be tempted to push MUCH harder w/passenger in to show how "fast" they can go versus a truely solid advanced driver with ~10-15 events & understands the additional risk, effects of the extra weight, and how to avoid problems).

Anyway, I'll be taking passengers :)

It will be the decision made in combination of the Instructor + Expo Committee before a passenger can be taken.

In addition - don't expect to be allowed to take passengers on Saturday - very few exceptions will be made to that rule.

BudMan - >> who can be overrulled by Lance & Chris N, who are working diligently disecting the groups & process for Expo 5 Drivers!! :D
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

alright, thanks for clearing that up for me! my friend is in the advaced class. so hopfully he can get the ok. and if not, maybe i will be able to ride a few laps with an instructor. so i'll be bringing down my helmet just incase!
94 Integra GSR
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Who's your friend? I know a number of the guys that will already be cleared pretty easily - once they show some familiarity with the track.
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

my friends running are Mist sITR and kruthles. im pretty sure its both thier first expo, but both have roadracing history...
94 Integra GSR
Mist sITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by Mist sITR »

lol kyle dont expect them to let me give rides. they know nothing about me or my experiance level.
we'll just have to se what the instructors think.

PS. I have been trusted to give check rides, tech inspections, and ride alongs with several groups on tracks around here but at the same time i do realise that i have not been on MAM before so i wont expect any special treatment

SEE YA'ALL IN 24 :P
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

I'm sure we'll get Mark cleared pretty quick.

;-)
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

hey i was just reading the event plan packet, so do we need to worry about that detour for the paved road or not, i didnt see it posted up anywhere. just curious is all, cant wait to get down there tommorow!!!
94 Integra GSR
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Thank you, I had a GREAT time at expo 5.
swed
Chris F
ITRCA Member

Post by Chris F »

bbasso wrote:Thank you, I had a GREAT time at expo 5.
:D
CC Fries IV
Sold ITR 98-1085
1993 Prelude VTEC