Expo 5 Logo Contest - Print Image Poll

Previous forum archives from past ITRCA.com Integra Type R Expo Events

Which image would make the best Print image?

Poll ended at November 8th, 2004, 11:16 pm

Entry #1 - Konrad Beerbaum - (submission #1)
No votes
Entry #2 - Antonio Alviar
8%
Entry #3 - Rob Bbasso
17%
Entry #6 - P J Komppa - (submission #1)
No votes
Entry #9 - Konrad Beerbaum - (submission #2)
17%
Entry #19 - Ross Johnson
8%
Entry #23 - Adrian Romanyszyn
8%
Entry #1 - Konrad Beerbaum - (submission #1)
No votes
Entry #27 - Michael Simari - (submission #4)
38%
Entry #28 - Maxi Pereyra - (submission #1)
No votes
Entry #33 - Chris Tybor - (submission #1)
No votes
Entry #34 - Chris Tybor - (submission #2)
4%
Entry #36 - Chris Tybor - (submission #4)
No votes

Total votes: 24

BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Expo 5 Logo Contest - Print Image Poll

Post by BudMan »

This is the Print Image Voting Poll only

11/1/04 (10PM - Submission window is closed.)
Here's the voting details - very simple. 1 Vote for your favorite. Our objective is to have a logo that will make a cool Print image potentially for things like Pit-passes, paper documentation, Sponsorship requests, etc. What would work?
- Clear image
- Represents the Expo 5 event
- Consider what you would expect to see if you were a potential sponsor, future track owner, etc from a professional organization like http://www.ITRCA.com!

The Expo 5 committee retains the right to request slight adjustments to any selected image. If adjustments can't be made, another image may be selected. We also may choose a different or additional image if we feel the elected image would not support the http://www.ITRCA.com Expo 5 event appropriately.

Most of all - we thank all of those who took the time to create such a great diverse selection of potential Expo 5 images.

To view the images, please review the following page on ITRCA.com:
http://www.itrca.com...Print Logo

Don't forget - $50 to the winner!

(Voting from Nov 1 through Nov 6)
Last edited by BudMan on November 7th, 2004, 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
NightCrawlerGsR
New ITRCA Member

Post by NightCrawlerGsR »

Okay what just happened from earlier this morning?

The polls get re-opened and all the votes get lost?

Also I posted earlier today about Images in the wrong location. I was just wondering what happened with that?
NightCrawlerGsR
New ITRCA Member

Okay I just read the HT post sorry.

But I am still curious about the images.

Take Olivier's and Aaron's for a perfect example:

For a "Print" image, you are wanting to use it on letterheads, pit passes, etc. correct? Then why would you not include these when they would be more suitable than a full graphic image. You're not gonna want a photo to be a letterhead or a pit pass because there is too much going on in the pic and you wont get good resolution resizing it, PLUS the ink you would be going through in printing. An example like Aaron's and Oliver's would be perfect for print because it is simple and uses fewer colors and no extensive detail.
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

NightCrawlerGsR wrote:Okay what just happened from earlier this morning?

The polls get re-opened and all the votes get lost?

Also I posted earlier today about Images in the wrong location. I was just wondering what happened with that?
In the midst of a few entries coming in on the Nov.1, I felt it was the fair thing to do by 'redoing' the polls to allow entries that were in today.

Did it mean more work for me - hell yea. As if I need more work?

Anyway, the voting will remain separated. I answered your earlier post like this:

I tend to agree. However, we have some great images that won't work well with a t-shirt & I really didn't want them to lose out. When I split the contest, there were an equal number of images falling into both categories....then not many more were added to the print side.

The older polls are archived along with any posts. I'm sorry for any confusion. "Life is a learning opportunity" and I have learned a couple things during this contest.

Re-vote & enjoy the contest. :D

BudMan
Design Coordinator
http://www.ITRCA.com
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

NightCrawlerGsR wrote:Okay I just read the HT post sorry.

But I am still curious about the images.
...would be perfect for print because it is simple and uses fewer colors and no extensive detail.
It's easy to use one of the t-shirt images for print, but not visa-versa. If I combine them & everyone chooses a pretty photograph, we have to go hand-pick a different image which I'm trying to avoid.

Hopefully, my answers are helpful not frustrating. We've had a bunch of great entries & I've conversed with many of the participants along the way to answer questions via email or chat.

Let me just ask - "Has this helped peak any interest in the Expo?"

I guess we'll find out when we open registration. I hope my $$ hasn't been wasted :D (fwiw - I've already poked the $300 to the paypal account for registration...this isn't free to me either)

BudMan - who's REALLY looking forward to a short drive to Expo 5 (how's that for a slogan?)
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

NightCrawlerGsR wrote:. An example like Aaron's and Oliver's would be perfect for print because it is simple and uses fewer colors and no extensive detail.
My thought exactly, it's cheaper to print a 3-4 color logo on a t-shirt and a pit stop picture on a pamphlet than the opposite, you should consider these facts for print cost...
All Motor Championship white Mugen exterior ITR 1998 #870
NightCrawlerGsR
New ITRCA Member

Well we'll see if it matters by which ones actually win.

I wish I could spend the $300, but I am a non ITR owner. But if spots are left at the end I am all in.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

No love for my entry???
swed
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

bbasso wrote:No love for my entry???
You're funny. You just need to buy your buddies more beer - j/k.

I appreciate your efforts whether you get more votes or not. I hope you enjoyed the journey.

BudMan
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

why isint oliver's pic listed in this contest, it's a logo before it was adapted to be a t-shirt... i think something went wrong here...
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Type R 98 wrote:why isint oliver's pic listed in this contest, it's a logo before it was adapted to be a t-shirt... i think something went wrong here...
You are currently looking at the "print image" poll (read initial post). The T-shirt image poll is found at: http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4932
Type R 98
ITRCA Member

Post by Type R 98 »

Thats exactly what i'm saying, he should have been listed in both so i could have voted for him as a printed image
like i said CLEARLY it was a logo therefore it should also have been inscribed into the printed logo contest, it makes sence!
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Type R 98 wrote:Thats exactly what i'm saying, he should have been listed in both so i could have voted for him as a printed image
like i said CLEARLY it was a logo therefore it should also have been inscribed into the printed logo contest, it makes sence!
Our first priority was to have a contest to find an image that would work well with T-Shirts. Olivier's does that quite well. Virtually any image in the T-Shirt category could be used as a print logo. However, the reverse is not true. If I have upset anyone, please accept my apologies. Olivier did an awesome job submitting a logo for us & it received several votes.

The contest is over. However, you just never know when we may be in contact with a solid group of artists that we have just uncovered with this contest! :D

BudMan