Expo 6 - Gingerman Raceway June 12/13 (Mon/Tues)

Previous forum archives from past ITRCA.com Integra Type R Expo Events
Pure Adrenaline
New ITRCA Member

Post by Pure Adrenaline »

DC2user wrote:I was thnking of doing the track but I have no expierence with doing auto crossing, it'd be my first time and I'm also nervous and worried that I'd wreck and go off the track....I just got the car a month ago and it's not paid off yet...I know I'd have fun just not sure what I wanna do yet.
Sign up for the novice class. Listen to the instructor, follow the track rules, and you will have a safe, fun time. I was a bit nervous myself at the Expo 5 because I didn't have any experience in road racing, either. Especially more so because I was about to do it in a family sedan. :lol:

But I had a great time, and the car didn't suffer any damages at all. You should definitely do it. 8)
Mystic363
ITRCA Member

Post by Mystic363 »

Budman or Bbasso,
I have a couple of quick questions. Is the price $35 (non-driver) per person for the banquet (more than likely it is.....just want to make sure) and second, a friend would like to come but he has a 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo and he wanted to know if it would be ok to bring that and run? Is it just for the ITR's? I hope that this is not a dumb question but, either way he would like to come. Also, is there a list of hotels that will be close to the track to make reservations way ahead of time? Also, where & to whom do I make payments to? Thanks!
Mystic363 (Neil)
2000 FBP ITR #0653
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Info from: http://www.itrca.com/events/expo6/Expo6_Rules.php
Every automobile driven at the event will meet or
exceed these requirements.

Appearance:
All vehicles must be in generally good condition and appearance. Excessive body damage is not allowed, and there should never be the appearance of a danger that something will fall off the car or otherwise pose a hazard. The vehicle must meet the 50/50 rule, which means the vehicle must look undamaged and straight at fifty miles per hour from fifty feet.

Wheels and Tires:
The general condition of the tire and wheel assembly must be good. There should be no cracks or other damage to the wheels. No cords, bubbles, or other visible damage to the tire. All lug nuts must be present and tightly hold the tire and wheel assembly to the car’s hub. Wheel bearings must be tight. Any wheel covers, hubcaps or trim rings must be removed.

Windows:
Front windows must be rolled down on both the driver and passenger side. This facilitates safety and signals.

Steering and Suspension:
The steering and suspension should be checked for general condition. There should be very little play in the suspension and the steering.

Engine Compartment:
There should be no fluid leaks from the engine. A radiator overflow should be present and working. Oil breathers should return the oil to the engine or a catch can. All hoses should be in good condition.

The cleanup of spilled fluids is very expensive, and it’s possible the track will actually want the offending driver to pay for cleanup, especially in the event of a catastrophic motor failure that spills the entire sump on the track over several turns.

The throttle must have a definite, positive return to idle.
Please make sure your car is in good condition!

Brakes:
The brakes should be in good working condition and must be able to stop the vehicle in a safe distance and in a controlled manner. Brake pads should be at 50% wear or better. The pedal pressure should be firm. Fluid level will be correct and the brake lines will be in good condition.

Roll Bars/Cages:
Roll bars are advised for the event, but not required. (In the event a non-ITR participates in the event, this rule will be reviewed.) Any roll bar must be able to withstand the compression forces involved in the supporting the full weight of the car in extremely adverse circumstances. All cars with roll bars and roll cages must meet the NASA CCR requirements, must be mounted correctly according to the NASA CCR, and all roll bars and roll cages must be adequately padded with the correct material.
- Convertibles -

Although highly recommended a roll bar/cage is not required. Any convertible without a roll bar/cage will NOT be permitted to use R compounds or racing slicks. All convertibles must pass the 'broomstick' test. This means a long stick must be able to sit between the seat roll-hoop and windshield without making contact with the head of either driver or passenger/instructor. All instructors reserve the right to refuse instruction for any convertible without a roll bar or cage. Convertible tops must be down at all times while on track. (Updated 1/10/05)

Seatbelts and Harnesses:
Seatbelts must be in new or perfect condition. No damage may be present, and they must be factory configuration. Any harness system must be of an approved design, and can be used only in conjunction with approved rollover protection. Driver and passenger should have the identical restraint system.

Battery:
The battery must be securely fastened using at least two bolts, and there must be no chance of the battery coming lose in adverse situations. A non-conductive material must cover the positive terminal. Any battery located inside the driver’s compartment must be approved ahead of time.

Gas Caps:
All vehicles must have gasoline caps that will ensure that fuel will not spill out of the tank under hard driving.

Exposed Wires:
There should be no exposed wires inside the car that might interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle.

Seats:
All seats must be securely fastened to the structure of the car. Driver and passenger seats should be of the same configuration, preferably exactly the same. Non-stock seats should be FIA certified.

Loose Objects:
All loose objects must be removed from the car. Floor mats, loose tools, and anything else that might be a risk must be removed.

Car Numbers:
Car numbers of an approved design will be supplied at the track.

Mirrors:
If the factory mirrors have been altered or removed, the configuration must be approved ahead of time.

Camera Mounts:
Camera mounts are allowed but must be approved by the instructors or organizers. A bar that mounts at the rear shoulder harness attachment points is ideal. A camera mount should not be close to either the driver or passenger, and it must hold the camera so securely that it will not come loose during adverse conditions.

Lights:
Non-factory lights that will be used on the track should be approved ahead of time. Headlights and brake lights must work correctly.
Last edited by Bbasso on January 30th, 2006, 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
swed
White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

Mystic363 wrote:Budman or Bbasso,
I have a couple of quick questions. Is the price $35 (non-driver) per person for the banquet (more than likely it is.....just want to make sure) and second, a friend would like to come but he has a 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo and he wanted to know if it would be ok to bring that and run? Is it just for the ITR's? I hope that this is not a dumb question but, either way he would like to come. Also, is there a list of hotels that will be close to the track to make reservations way ahead of time? Also, where & to whom do I make payments to? Thanks!
Mystic363 (Neil)
2000 FBP ITR #0653
All of you questions can be answered if you take a look at the 1st post on this thread.
- The price of $35 is per person.
- Your bud with the MR2 can sign up to drive
- We will post information on the hotels far in advance of the event date
- Please look at the first post for payment information.

Wes
VTECIntegra9
New ITRCA Member

Post by VTECIntegra9 »

banquet going to be at the hotel? Or closer to kalamazoo? Prolly dont know yet but just wondering
94 Teg Teal
90 Civic Si White
White Dragon
ITRCA Member

Post by White Dragon »

VTECIntegra9 wrote:banquet going to be at the hotel? Or closer to kalamazoo? Prolly dont know yet but just wondering
Working on the possibilities at the moment. We probably will not know for a couple of months until we get a better handle on the number of people we are going to have.
Wes
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Looks like some R's should hurry up & pay before this is just a honda event ;)

2 weeks left before cancellation.
Aquafina
produced by PepsiCo.

Post by Aquafina »

My prep has started. Replacing my passenger axle. Reverse donut caused the spline part of the shaft to break off inside the transmission. Thats right, the Type DX has mad torque.
Whoopee Doo Racing ITR EXPO 6,7,8,9 Sponsor
MFactory, Rocket Motorsports, Action Clutch, CP Pistons, Supertech
MFactory North American Installer
rene m
ITRCA Member

Post by rene m »

Sprockett wrote:That's right where my turbo manifold cracked, too :(
Geee i wonder why ..... Lets see cast iron with a pipe welded to it and a huge boat anchor hanging off one end. :shock:
mattrose86
New ITRCA Member

Post by mattrose86 »

<--- Paid, sorry for the delay :oops:

Now to figure out how i'm going to get my car ready...
JUN.R
ITRCA Member

Post by JUN.R »

really wish i could go :cry: :cry: :cry: it's always too far for me Expo 7 West Coast!!
IT-R Militia Member #43
2001 PY-R #0082
My Picture and Referece Thread
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1579748

http://www.junauto.co.jp
nadc2rBella
New ITRCA Member

Post by nadc2rBella »

extra drivers not coming anymore, disregard previous question :(
Noella Bella
zygspeed
New ITRCA Member

Post by zygspeed »

BudMan wrote:Looks like some R's should hurry up & pay before this is just a honda event ;)

2 weeks left before cancellation.
Hmmm ... Hondas are nice too! 8)
nadc2rBella
New ITRCA Member

Post by nadc2rBella »

how / when is it decided which category you are put into ? novice, intermediate etc.
Noella Bella
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

well u should basicly have a good idea where u belong when u sign up from what u have done in the past. but u may be moved depending on the past event history u list and where they may or maynot want to move people just so the groups r as even as possible.

hope im not going the wrong way with that, just makinging an educated guess....
94 Integra GSR
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Officially a go... are those the Rumors?
swed
StatGSR
New ITRCA Member

Post by StatGSR »

haha yea i guess.... whos bringin the air bag this year??? haha jk... kinda
94 Integra GSR
R.Kelley
New ITRCA Member

Post by R.Kelley »

i can try and stock pile some vw bags and mabey some acura ones :twisted: :evil:
Chris F
ITRCA Member

Post by Chris F »

StatGSR wrote:haha yea i guess.... whos bringin the air bag this year??? haha jk... kinda
I have 2 :)
CC Fries IV
Sold ITR 98-1085
1993 Prelude VTEC
LunchboxZT
New ITRCA Member

Post by LunchboxZT »

Okay, so I registered on the site (filled out my name, emergency contact number, insurance info etc etc) But I messed up on the paypal payment options, I didn't click the button I sent funds to expo6@itrca.com .. hopefully all is well, is there a certian person I can email to make sure they get what I did wrong?
2000 DC2 ITR Phoenix Yellow
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

Driver registration is closed, no more spots left.
Number of Paid Students: 71

DYNOMITE!!!
swed
KOALA YUMMIES
New ITRCA Member

Post by KOALA YUMMIES »

:!: ITRCA has much cooler smilies than H-T :P
apexii
New ITRCA Member

Post by apexii »

Bbasso wrote:
Driver registration is closed, no more spots left.
Number of Paid Students: 71

DYNOMITE!!!
You gotta be fuggin kiddin' me :(

dibs on the FIRST cancellation.

AS it is, last year I had to forefit my spot with no refund, and the expo before my trans broke out there.... :evil:
'01 #361 STOLEN 3/5/03
'98 #98 STOLEN 3/13/06
'93 turbolude garage ornament
'04 TL Navi Black/Black
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

I put the run groups up tonight. Just an update for the official site.
heel_touge
New ITRCA Member

Post by heel_touge »

where can we see the run groups?
lll l ll llll l ll ll
l00001051l