Anyone hear from Brad?? <--- (Mythias)

Previous forum archives from past ITRCA.com Integra Type R Expo Events
Mugen Mike
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Mugen Mike »

Get well soon, Brad. :vodka:
Last edited by Mugen Mike on June 19th, 2006, 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Mike
'98 ITR #142

I wish I had a cak. -Dawn
Jon D
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Jon D »

whoa... Brad is alive, and not in jail. Dood i had $100 on jail and not sickness. Glad you are feeling better and no longer in the hospital. Get well soon man.
ITR #98-804
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

Damn Brad! Hope you get back on your feet soon.
I've had beer at VIR, Summit Point, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta, BeaveRun, Gingerman, MAM, Lowe's Motor Speedway...
Seven-time ITR Expo participant
Ford Prefect
ITRCA Member

Post by Ford Prefect »

mythias wrote:I will be okay. My first few days home I had a RN that would check in on me, and I have friends in town that have been helping me with whatever I may need. It will still be another week or possibly close to 2 before I am completely back to normal.
Daym dewd, I'm glad you're feeling better, try to take care of yourself a little better :)
'97 ITR #90 - Stock - 1st owner
'03 CL Type-S - 6spd
ITR Militia Member #2
270+lb ITR CLUB We fall in, and crawl out
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

For those who are still unaware of the situation, here are the cliff notes:

I started getting quite ill on May 31st. On june 5th, I was diagnosed with pneumonia in the ER. I was only kept there for a short time and was discharged in about half of a day. I was given antibiodics, a breathing treatment machine, cough medicine, and so on. Against the doctors orders, I continued to go to class so not to fail my courses. I also remained physically active and drank as well.

Thursday night I was hanging out with m yfriends Tracy and Tara. I kept feeling worse and worse, and started getting dizzy. Very late that night / early friday morning, they called 911 when I lost conciousness. Aparently I had a dangerously high fever. A combination of my physical activity, alcohol, and the fact that the infection seemed resistant to the particular antibiodics perscribed lead to a very serious situation. I dont really remember much at all of the following few days, which I am partially thankful for because ice baths were used to lower my temperature.

I was kept in the ICU Friday and Saturday, and moved to an isolation room on Sunday where I spent 3 more days. Durring the entire time I was on a strong combination of antibiodics and steroidal medications to aide in breathing.

After that, I was discharged and basically been stuck at home since. I am getting a bit better each day, and I actually got some fresh air on saturday. I should be back to my old self in due time.
-Brad
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

mythias wrote:After that, I was discharged and basically been stuck at home since. I am getting a bit better each day, and I actually got some fresh air on saturday. I should be back to my old self in due time.
Sorry to hear about all that :(

Good that you'll be back to drinking soon though :)
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
mythias
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by mythias »

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. It really does mean a lot to me.

As for drinking, my liver is liking this nice long break from alcohol. Another benefit is that I have now quit smoking from this incident-- something I have needed to do for a long, long time.
-Brad
R1366
ITRCA Member

Post by R1366 »

Glad to hear your ok Brad. Hope you feel better soon.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Glad to hear you are ok and getting better. Pneumonia is very serious and sounds like you had it bad.
splat
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by splat »

Damn Brad :shock:

The only experience I've had with any sort of pneumonia is when a friend was diagnosed with "walking pneumonia." He was told bed rest for a week plus all the drugs they gave him, stupid fucker was back at work 18 hours later.

Glad to hear you're on the mend, scary to hear it was a close call.
I've had beer at VIR, Summit Point, CMP, Roebling, Road Atlanta, BeaveRun, Gingerman, MAM, Lowe's Motor Speedway...
Seven-time ITR Expo participant
Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
Post Whore!!

Post by Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds »

Since everyone else is posting here, I will too! I hope you feel better soon, you FSM lovin' mofo!! :lol:

Take it easy bud, and feel better soon.
Dawn
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Glad to hear your recovering fool. We missed ya at expo!
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Please. Or at least create another thread. This is in the middle of Brad's not so good health thread.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
KayOs
New ITRCA Member

Post by KayOs »

Wishing you a speedy recovery.