Any news or updates for drivers/guests?

All information pertaining to the 2007 Integra Type R Expo.

Moderator: White Dragon

TeamNextGenChris
New ITRCA Member

Any news or updates for drivers/guests?

Post by TeamNextGenChris »

should we be receiving anything via mail or email?
what's the schedule?what time is the driver's meeting?
also,i'd like to confirm that my guests have been marked as paid,but the registration page is still down.
THANKS
Chris
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I'd like to ask but not be pushy...
When will the Instructors get their schedules and/or list o' things?

thanks!
tomfree
New ITRCA Member

Post by tomfree »

I'll add a "me too" post here. If there is a weekend schedule, I'd absolutely love to see it.

I will tell you from experience, that VIR as a whole probably won't allow us through the gates until 5:30PM on Sunday, assuming they have an event running this weekend. They usually try to give the organization that is renting the track plenty of time on the last day to clear out.

Other good to know stuff for folks not familiar with VIR...

- If you're staying at the VIR Lodge or the Trackside suites, you need to stop at the administrative building (barn on the left, on the way to the paddock) to pick up your keys. The food they put in the rooms is NOT extra. You've paid for it. Eat it.

- VIR's paddock is a fine gravel, and can make for some slightly wonky situations with jacks and jackstands. Bring some plyboard to put under your jacks/jackstands. DO NOT use jackstands or jacks on the paddock paved area. They are realy strict about that.

- Like most tracks, there is a pretty darn good pro shop in the paddock. IIRC, they stock ATE brake fluid, Redline lubricants, and lots of other goodies at reasonable prices. I believe the pro shop is run by CDOC.

- Gas pumps at the track are expensive (duh), but available 24/7 with a credit card. Closest gas off track is in Milton, NC, about 10 min away. Cheaper gas than Milton can be had if you turn LEFT on NC 57. There are a few podunk convenience stores that are decently cheap. You can also find somewhat cheap gas on US 58, heading back towards Danville

- Autoparts - the closest auto parts store is an Advance Auto on US 58 as you're heading back in to Danville, about 15-20 min from the track. If something really ugly breaks, Danville has dealerships for most any and all makes.

- Food - assuming most of this crowd will be at the banquet, you won't have many meals to worry about, but here are some suggestions for those other meals:

*Millie's Pizza in Milton, right on NC 57. Darn good mom/pop place, offer a few "better" beers, good service, but fills up quickly

*VIR Tavern on the track campus, near the Lodge. This is actually a pretty nice place. Limited menu, but good food and reasonably priced.

* For those of us heading back to the north, on your way home, you might want to stop in South Boston on 360 at Ernie's Restaurant - a mile or 2 after you turn from US 58, on the right. It's a buffet joint, but pretty darn good. Ernie himself is a standup guy and definitely welcomes the racer crowd. The parking lot also has room for tow vehicles.
Willard
SLEESTACK

Post by Willard »

'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
bbqman
Canadian Director

Post by bbqman »

lol a lot of good info....just a day late for me, we left Saturday morning!!