Disappointment

All information pertaining to the 2007 Integra Type R Expo.

Moderator: White Dragon

98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

George Knighton wrote:Was the signed off "novice" the red semi-Opak RSX?

I watched him a bit. He seemed like somebody who should be signed off.
My biggest disappointment was not meeting you George. I finally met all the peeps I've gotton to know on ITRCA and a super bunch all, but somehow missed you.

Always next year I guess. (I'll try to leave the EVO at home and bring another R.) :D
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

I wasn't sure where I wanted to put this so this thread will do.
Did anybody happen to read this write up on Expo? I don't think this what we want portrayed. Make sure you leave this article OUT of next years portfolio. :?

http://www.tunerzine.com/coverages.asp?id=172
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

Wow - I must say I'm excited to see my kaa picture on there, but very disappointed about the write-up.

I guess Ben knows his audience better than I do. I definately would have liked to seen a focus on the fact that some of the 'party heavy' people were not on the track driving. Airbags are NOT cool, and attempts were made to avoid that happening. I know who did it and it will not be tolerated moving forward (yes - he's a good guy being silly, but should know better).

Our focus is safe and clean. As adults, we shouldn't have to 'patrol' as much as we sometimes do, but then again - that's why I stay up until 3AM while there...acting like a good daddy.

Fun Fun.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

get RIGHT wrote:I wasn't sure where I wanted to put this so this thread will do.
Did anybody happen to read this write up on Expo? I don't think this what we want portrayed. Make sure you leave this article OUT of next years portfolio. :?

Yeah, what a way to start an article. :?
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

Geez, when I started reading the article I thought someone who hated ITRCA/ITRs/imports had written it.... :?
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Doespike wrote:Geez, when I started reading the article I thought someone who hated ITRCA/ITRs/imports had written it.... :?
You and me both. What a way to "show" off the ITR community. :roll:
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Dave_B wrote:
get RIGHT wrote:I wasn't sure where I wanted to put this so this thread will do.

Yeah, what a way to start an article. :?
"Who wants to get drunk? HA, i could sit here all day and try to butter you all up with a story about this and that but the bottom line is Expo was full of Drunkards!"stunnaBEN in TunerZine
Ughh, he must be refering to Bhasso's campsite, right Dave? :wink:
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
BudMan
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by BudMan »

At least he took the picture of my car with my church logo on the side. I'm one of the good boys who shut down the stupid stuff going on at the lodge.

The paddock was quiet, clean & fun with some reasonable drinking & only a few balls getting kicked...right splat?

StunnaBEN is a good guy. I'm sure his audience just loves the article. We just won't win any porsche, bmw, or other high-quality driving groups over & it certainly won't help try to rent another track.
Hooch'n
ITRCA Member

Post by Hooch'n »

BudMan wrote:At least he took the picture of my car with my church logo on the side. I'm one of the good boys who shut down the stupid stuff going on at the lodge.

The paddock was quiet, clean & fun with some reasonable drinking & only a few balls getting kicked...right splat?

StunnaBEN is a good guy. I'm sure his audience just loves the article. We just won't win any porsche, bmw, or other high-quality driving groups over & it certainly won't help try to rent another track.
i would agree, however, his writing is coming from a watcher/guest.... If you asked Splat about drinking all day and write an article it would be the same.

This is an article for those that don't track their cars and are more into the show stuff. Look at the name "stunna ben".....i've known ben for about 7 years. One thing is that he will tell people his outtake on the event....... From a drivers/hpde/racer point of view it would be different.

Our Day: Drive all day/work on car/classrooms/instructing/etc. banquet and couple beers

Guest day: Drink/Party/wake up late/take pics/talk to people/etc.
imo
We-Todd-Did-Racing
NCCAR - www.nasa-southeast.com
CMP - turnonetrackevents.com

2/2000 PY
Hatchcrap
Hooch'n
ITRCA Member

Post by Hooch'n »

BudMan wrote:
George Knighton wrote:Was the signed off "novice" the red semi-Opak RSX?

I watched him a bit. He seemed like somebody who should be signed off.
Nope. I knew Ryan Curry in the black GSR was signed off quick. Next time he will begin in intermediate.

I never saw the red rsx on the track.

my student was 113, he wasn't a novice..... he should have been in the intermediate group. After 2 sessions he was better then a lot of Intermiate/advanced students. not sure if this was the same person!!!! He did a great job and i wouldn't have signed him off if i felt that he was not safe and could handle being on track alone.
We-Todd-Did-Racing
NCCAR - www.nasa-southeast.com
CMP - turnonetrackevents.com

2/2000 PY
Hatchcrap
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

BudMan wrote:We don't have 10,000 members paying annual dues.
has this ever been considered....... collecting annual dues leaves you a budget for the next expo, no bad excuses about not being able to pay up... if they can make it then good.... if not then their loss... they'll still have the club t-shirt :)
1Greyteg
New ITRCA Member

Post by 1Greyteg »

itrsteez wrote:
has this ever been considered....... collecting annual dues leaves you a budget for the next expo, no bad excuses about not being able to pay up... if they can make it then good.... if not then their loss... they'll still have the club t-shirt :)
I think the last time it was considered (spoken about publically) was the last Expo I attended(#3).

I think it's a reasonable idea that we should reconsider.
where am I?
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

1Greyteg wrote:
itrsteez wrote:
I think the last time it was considered (spoken about publically) was the last Expo I attended(#3).

I think it's a reasonable idea that we should reconsider.
Yes, but how to make it fair for all of the members? Do we hold Expo one year on the East coast, next year in the heartland, year after that on the West coast?
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

So lets start a thread about dues!
I have thinking and I am sure i've said a few times that this would ba a great idea.
Something like $10.00 a month or a discount of $100.00 for the year.

Also where is the thread about Expo8 ??????? is this not the ITRCA?
swed
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

Bbasso wrote:So lets start a thread about dues!
I have thinking and I am sure i've said a few times that this would ba a great idea.
Something like $10.00 a month or a discount of $100.00 for the year.

Also where is the thread about Expo8 ??????? is this not the ITRCA?
Drive on McDuff! After all we even have a batwing thread. :lol: