F/S --- 1997 ITR ---- 875 miles

Post Cars For Sale ONLY
jpdad04
New ITRCA Member

F/S --- 1997 ITR ---- 875 miles

Post by jpdad04 »

This is my father in laws car. i am doing him a favor. he is deaf so all will be handle thru me. he bought this car (original owner) and stored it to hopefully be a collectors car. well he is getting older and needs money. he would like to get $30,000. Is this possible? Is ebay a better place for this? He bought it for 26,930. ( around there). and paid storage fees for 10 years. so he will be losing money is the long run. it has been started every 2-3 weeks and driven once a year, for a couple of miles. 875 miles on odo right now. great condition. i would post pics, but i don't see how to. imagine from the showroom floor. it is #67. all stock. thanks for all feedback.
VR4ownzU
ITRCA Member

Post by VR4ownzU »

$30k? Possible. Put it up on ebay and see what happens. You won't sell anything without pics though....good ones too. Not like cell phone pics or a digital from 1994. The most I would pay for an R is $20k but I'm not rich.
VR4ownzU
ITRCA Member

Post by VR4ownzU »

does it have AC? Location? Things you should probably mention.
RTW ITR
New ITRCA Member

Post by RTW ITR »

god i would love to see a pic of the odometer that says 875 on it :D
98 Integra Type R #0545
Doostur
New ITRCA Member

Post by Doostur »

30k.......................................................................................................................... ..................................... ...................................... .................... :shock:
AIM: Doostur or Doosturatwork

2001 NBP ITR Turbo - Vouches in Bio
1998 CW ITR- # 396 SOLD =(

Active USMC
Doespike
Half way to a cool title.

Post by Doespike »

WOW!! 1997 #67! I can't believe this caR is coming up for sale right now! I just came across it in the archives of HT. She only had 773 miles around 6/29/04!

Folks this one is a deal! I sure hope it goes to someone who appreciates the 1997 Acura Integra Type R just the way it is. Ricers be damned.

Ebay would be a bad option, it's a buyers market on that site and I'd be surprised if she pulled more than $25k there. If your father-in-law can hold out financially, I do believe $30k is a very realistic price. Listing here on ITRCA is a good choice. Also any other "collectors" internet listing sites will help you/him out. Unfortunately I think Honda-Tech.com will only present one low-balling offer after another.

Just think, that price of $26,930 in 1997, inflation adjusted comes to $34,890 today!

Large, high resolution pictures will certainly help your sale.Read herefor instructions on posting pics.

Good luck on the sale, and please don't bow to the low-ballers. Too many of them in the Honda scene. :?
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
jdm-4DOOR
New ITRCA Member

Post by jdm-4DOOR »

Yes 30k is very realistic. But as everyone else has said I don't think Ebay is the way to goeither and some really good pics will help tremendously.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

I really, truely wish I had 30k right now. I'd buy it from you guys in an INSTANT. So yes, you can get 30k for it. But don't expect a quick sale. You'll have to sit and wait. Someone WILL come along.

Please don't just sell to anyone. This is a very important car!!!
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
canuckr
ITRCA Member

Post by canuckr »

Dave_B wrote:I really, truely wish I had 30k right now. I'd buy it from you guys in an INSTANT. So yes, you can get 30k for it. But don't expect a quick sale. You'll have to sit and wait. Someone WILL come along.

Please don't just sell to anyone. This is a very important car!!!
Exact same thing I am thinking right now...

<-goes to by a lotto ticket.
97 ITR #163 RIP
Eight-time ITR Expo Participant Club Member..
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

I'd trade you for my POS :lol:

Also heading out to get a lotto ticket...

Who ever bitches about this car&price is NUTS!!!
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

for the mother of god be patient, the right price will come along... I wouldn't take a dime less than 30k.
jpdad04
New ITRCA Member

97 itr

Post by jpdad04 »

no a/c.
located in southern california. (orange county)
thanks everybody for the help. hope this pics help. i think he can wait a little, but i want it gone now due to it sitting in my driveway.

*** Removed picture of VIN for theft reasons. PM if you have any questions why. ***

Edited by Dave_B
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Re: 97 itr

Post by SerGTR »

located in southern california. (orange county)
thanks everybody for the help. hope this pics help. i think he can wait a little, but i want it gone now due to it sitting in my driveway.
WAAAT!!! You live is same city as I do!, hey can I visit just to take a look at such rarity?
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

jpdad04 wrote: thanks everybody for the help. hope this pics help. i think he can wait a little, but i want it gone now due to it sitting in my driveway.
Please please please, do not let this car sit in the driveway anywhere in California. Integra Type R theft is rampant in your state. Professional thieves target them like no other vehicle out there. It's not unheard of for thieves to steal a tow truck simple to come and yank a Type R quickly. Do not underestimate how skilled and efficient these lowlifes are.

Again, I think $30k is a great price. Good luck with the sale and keep heR safe :)
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
TypeR1461
New ITRCA Member

Post by TypeR1461 »

Wow i would give 30k for it e-z
IBriaIN
New ITRCA Member

Post by IBriaIN »

thats not even an oil change.... I wonder how many 00 and 01 are stored away like this.
Doostur
New ITRCA Member

Post by Doostur »

Wow ... Mintttttt!
AIM: Doostur or Doosturatwork

2001 NBP ITR Turbo - Vouches in Bio
1998 CW ITR- # 396 SOLD =(

Active USMC
SerGTR
ITRCA Member

Post by SerGTR »

Doespike wrote:
jpdad04 wrote: thanks everybody for the help. hope this pics help. i think he can wait a little, but i want it gone now due to it sitting in my driveway.
Please please please, do not let this car sit in the driveway anywhere in California. Integra Type R theft is rampant in your state. Professional thieves target them like no other vehicle out there. It's not unheard of for thieves to steal a tow truck simple to come and yank a Type R quickly. Do not underestimate how skilled and efficient these lowlifes are.

Again, I think $30k is a great price. Good luck with the sale and keep heR safe :)
I always see 1 same PY ITR driving from collage near by when ever I drive to work, I know ppl say California theft rate is through the roof but I personally believe that its all about how much you really care for the car and next thing you know the most freshest mint ITR is right here down in CA :wink:
00TypeR1071
ITRCA Member

Post by 00TypeR1071 »

OMG, That's pretty much a new car. I want it so badly ;)
I just got out of school and got $hit load of money to pay off but if you would wait like 10-12 months then I would definitely buy it from you :D
2000 PY Type R #1071 - 56k on the clock
2001 Integra LS 4dr DD - 68k on the clock
Jacques79
New ITRCA Member

Post by Jacques79 »

Looks immaculate but the only problem is you can get a brand new S2000 for the same price.

I'm sure that if you're patient someone will offer close to 30K though.

Just don't expect to sell this immediately.

If I was really rich and had 30K to burn I'd buy it from you; but I doubt someone will buy it and daily drive it. It will be someone that already has lots of sports cars and $$$$ lol

I'd love to just sit in it!

Come on Honda make some ITRs!!!
gprotein
ITRCA Member

Post by gprotein »

Jacques79 wrote:I doubt someone will buy it and daily drive it. It will be someone that already has lots of sports cars and $$$$ lol
Agree, has to be a collector some sort with cash to burn. It will be hard to finance a loan for a 10 yr old car & $4K over original sticker price. If anyone daily drive it, it will depreciate twice as fast as a brand new 07 honda (say a S2K), not to mention can't get insurance for its full value.

Just to put it in perspective; a 91 collector-owned NSX with 2800 miles recently was sold for $40K (autotrader). As brand new as you could buy, but still $20K under original sticker price.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I will trade you my 2006 Evo IX SE which currently has 70 original miles and is still brand new and in showroom condtion for your Type R and a little cash. My Evo is Graphite Grey. I have a loan on it so I would have to ok the trade with my bank to transfer titles but I would be willing to trade cars straight across plus 4,000 dollars with the Type R. Let me know please. Thank you
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Bmaga123 wrote:I will trade you my 2006 Evo IX SE which currently has 70 original miles and is still brand new and in showroom condtion for your Type R and a little cash. My Evo is Graphite Grey. I have a loan on it so I would have to ok the trade with my bank to transfer titles but I would be willing to trade cars straight across plus 4,000 dollars with the Type R. Let me know please. Thank you
Your bank most likely wouldn't do that.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
gprotein
ITRCA Member

Post by gprotein »

Bmaga123 wrote:I will trade you my 2006 Evo IX SE which currently has 70 original miles and is still brand new and in showroom condtion for your Type R and a little cash. My Evo is Graphite Grey. I have a loan on it so I would have to ok the trade with my bank to transfer titles but I would be willing to trade cars straight across plus 4,000 dollars with the Type R. Let me know please. Thank you
The guy is helping out his old in-law to sell and get some cash, and has no spaces to store this gem. He does not want to pay you $4k to trade a soon-to-be replaced Evo, and sit on his driveway. Wait a minute, are you the guy who bought a mint 98 for $20K and sold it a few months later for $24K and pissed off everyone in here and Honda-tech in the process?
Last edited by gprotein on July 9th, 2007, 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
00TypeR1071
ITRCA Member

Post by 00TypeR1071 »

gprotein wrote:
The guy is helping out his old in-law to sell get some cash, and have no spaces to store this gem. He does not want to pay you $4k to trade a soon-to-be replaced Evo, and sit on his driveway. Wait a minute, are you the guy who bought a mint 98 for $20K and sold it a few months later for $24K and pissed off everyone in here and Honda-tech in the process?

Yes, he is the same guy that bought the one for $20k. It looks like he is trying to make a profit on this one as well.
Sad story.
2000 PY Type R #1071 - 56k on the clock
2001 Integra LS 4dr DD - 68k on the clock