Looking to purchase Stock "Pristine" condition Type R

Post Cars For Sale ONLY
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Looking to purchase Stock "Pristine" condition Type R

Post by Bmaga123 »

I previously owned 2 Type R's and regret selling my last one so much and am looking to purchase a Type R that I will keep forever. What I am looking to buy is a Showroom condition Type R all stock with low miles. I want either a 97-98 White or 00-01 Yellow. I no its going to be hard to find this Type R but I know there out there because I owned one of them and there are collectors who keep the car in mint condition. Basically I am looking for an R that has never seen snow or rain, back seat and trunk never used or minimal use and int showroom condition inside and out. I am willing to pay a premium price for the right Type R. I prefer a type R in the states because I dont want to hassel with registering a canadian car. If anyone out there has what I am looking for or can point me to the right direction I would appreciate it. Thank you
Erik B
Senior ITRCA Member

Re: Looking to purchase Stock "Pristine" condition Type R

Post by Erik B »

they are out there man! Trust me I seen some come by this forum in immaculate condition. I’ll keep u in mind if I run across one again…for now search this forum I’m sure there are still some out there FS.
2000 Turbo Integra Type R - 508whp/362lbs tq @ 21psi
2003 Imola/Imola NSX-T
http://www.jdmwhoreinc.com
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I appreciate the help, Everytime I think I find one there is something I dont like about it but one will pop up sometime soon I hope. Thanks again
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Bmaga123 wrote:I appreciate the help, Everytime I think I find one there is something I dont like about it but one will pop up sometime soon I hope. Thanks again
Brian, as mentioned over "there" I think that is the problem. Take the extended wheel studs one... that can EASILY be changed back to stock spec. I don't think your going to find very many any more that haven't been mod'd in some way. Most folks do realize that when they sell and ITR, stock condition brings $ so they take their mod'd one, return to stock and then sell. I've seen it a million times. So just because one is advertised as "stock" don't look at it that way.

I guess what I'm getting at is if you really, truely want another one (and hopefully, god hopefully not to turn a profit or end up selling in a short period of time) then look at the lightly mod'd ones as well. Most original ITR owners also keep their stock parts so you can return it that way, or the seller can.

I guess it just doesnt' make sense to me to pass up a decently low mileage ITR because of something so silly as wheel studs.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Yeah that 97 looks pretty nice but states that it has dings and dents and I dont no if I can handle that. How hard is it to change extended studs back to stock? Thanks
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Bmaga123 wrote:Yeah that 97 looks pretty nice but states that it has dings and dents and I dont no if I can handle that. How hard is it to change extended studs back to stock? Thanks
it would take me, with the right tools less than 2 hours total to return those to stock.... probably WAY less than 2 hours.

Pull the hubs on all 4 corners, take out extended studs, then press in new OEM studs. Put it all back together and your done.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
p nut
New ITRCA Member

Post by p nut »

FYI, that 97 in Seattle sold.
KillerB
New ITRCA Member

Post by KillerB »

Yes, they are out there. I have a mint, stock 2000 PY (#468) with 10K original miles. Adult owned, garaged, no stories. LMK if interested. Car is in Orange County, NY.
Bbasso
Post Whore!!

Post by Bbasso »

KillerB wrote:Yes, they are out there. I have a mint, stock 2000 PY (#468) with 10K original miles. Adult owned, garaged, no stories. LMK if interested. Car is in Orange County, NY.
Hey KillerB, would you mind creating a post in the General area with some pictures? I haven't seen a 10K PY R in a long time
Besides I'm sure everyone else will drooooool & appreciate ;)
swed
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

KillerB wrote:Yes, they are out there. I have a mint, stock 2000 PY (#468) with 10K original miles. Adult owned, garaged, no stories. LMK if interested. Car is in Orange County, NY.
Very interested, PM'd
Romi
New ITRCA Member

Post by Romi »

I am new in this forum. I have a 1997 #094 all stock with factory AC. It has 37,638 miles. I bought it new from the local dealer on 10/97. It is always kept in the garage. It has never been in any kind of racing activities. It is pampered. It has always been serviced at the dealer that I bought it from. Besides the regular maintenance and wind shield cleaning fluid pump replaced recently, nothing broke since I bought it. Every hardware on the car is original except the battery and tires which had been replaced twice. Timing belt was changed in 2003, so one more year left on the current one. It has two dents on the side from shopping carts, two dents on the rear bumper. I did not fix them because they are insignificant to my eyes. If you are interested I can send photos to you. I am thinking about to sell it because I want to get another Porsche and I run out of garage space.
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

Romi wrote:I am new in this forum. I have a 1997 #094 all stock with factory AC. It has 37,638 miles. I bought it new from the local dealer on 10/97. It is always kept in the garage. It has never been in any kind of racing activities. It is pampered. It has always been serviced at the dealer that I bought it from. Besides the regular maintenance and wind shield cleaning fluid pump replaced recently, nothing broke since I bought it. Every hardware on the car is original except the battery and tires which had been replaced twice. Timing belt was changed in 2003, so one more year left on the current one. It has two dents on the side from shopping carts, two dents on the rear bumper. I did not fix them because they are insignificant to my eyes. If you are interested I can send photos to you. I am thinking about to sell it because I want to get another Porsche and I run out of garage space.
PM'd
Bmaga123
ITRCA Member

Post by Bmaga123 »

I finally found my R and have made the final deal so mods you can go ahead and delete this thread. Thank you very much for all your help and support you guys are great :)