FS: 1998 CW ITR (So Cal)

Post Cars For Sale ONLY

What's the most you would pay for this car?

14000 (or less)
29%
6%
24%
3%
15%
12%
6%
No votes
18000 (or more)
6%

Total votes: 34

mkiert
New ITRCA Member

FS: 1998 CW ITR (So Cal)

Post by mkiert »

(Had this listed up awhile back, but I didn't get enough serious bites at $17500. The new asking price is $16500.)

1998 Acura Integra Type R
Championship White
#98-0143
67K miles
Excellent condition
All maintenance performed per factory specs using Honda Genuine parts (receipts included)
Clean title / Clean Carfax (JH4DC2310WS002769)

Engine
Stock B18C5
AEBS intake manifold (stock included)
Compression test results: 205/205/205/210 psi (at normal operating temp)
Leak down test results: <5% across all cylinders

Chassis
H&R sport lowering springs
Comptech front/rear camber kits
A-Spec Racing rear sway bar
Falken Azenis tires
Goodrich stainless steel brake lines
New stock rotors/pads

Interior
Momo Corse steering wheel
Clifford alarm
Not A/C equipped

This has been my "fun car" for two years, but in that time I've barely driven it 5k miles. I just wash it, start it, rub it with soft cloths, and enter it in the occasional car show. When I do get it out on a curvy road, it stuns me every time. The handling, high-rpm power, and suspension feedback are all world-class. It's really something.

Dead-nuts reliable, too. Honda builds good stuff. Never had a mechanical problem whatsoever. Doesn't burn oil, doesn't leak, and passes smog just like it came off the showroom floor. Has a few small scuff marks on the front lip, but other than that the body is just about perfect. The 10-year old factory paint still looks new.

Not interested in any trades. Just looking to clear space in my garage for something shiny, black, and with a flat-6.

mkiert@gmail.com

p nut
New ITRCA Member

Post by p nut »

Looks nice. Most of the pics aren't showing for me, however.

And where are you located? How many owners before you?

Thanks.
mkiert
New ITRCA Member

98 CW ITR For Sale

Post by mkiert »

Looks nice. Most of the pics aren't showing for me, however.

And where are you located? How many owners before you?

Thanks.
Hi,

I'm located in Torrance and am the 3rd owner of the vehicle.
Sorry about the unreliable picture links. I'll post more over the weekend.

Thanks,
Max
mkiert
New ITRCA Member

More Pictures (98 CW ITR in SoCal)

Post by mkiert »

2nsane2005
New ITRCA Member

Post by 2nsane2005 »

Nice whip brosef , but i love stock :D
1995 Honda Prelude SR-V
cubanboy1433
ITRCA Member

Post by cubanboy1433 »

super clean!!!
nos86
New ITRCA Member

Post by nos86 »

yeah super clean too bad no a/c how did you deal with that?
mkiert
New ITRCA Member

Post by mkiert »

yeah super clean too bad no a/c how did you deal with that?
Thanks for the compliments. Actually Torrance is not far from the ocean and the weather here is very mild. And since this car was a weekend toy rather than a daily driver, not having A/C was actually a good thing for me (more Type R-ish, I guess).
TheHeartbreakKid
New ITRCA Member

Post by TheHeartbreakKid »

is the car still for sale?
mkiert
New ITRCA Member

Post by mkiert »

Still for sale! I've had a few offers for $15k, but no one has actually come to see/drive it. I find that odd. Yeah, it's super clean, but driving is believing. Check it out firsthand and then we can talk numbers.
staten
New ITRCA Member

Post by staten »

Still for sale?
mkiert
New ITRCA Member

Post by mkiert »

Still for sale?
Yes, still for sale. Please let me know if you're interested or have any questions I haven't covered in my description. Thanks.
p nut
New ITRCA Member

Post by p nut »

Wish my 4Runner was sold.

Wanna trade? :lol: Good luck with the sale and the new P-Car. If my car sells, I'll definitely contact you.

BTW, do you have any of the stock parts? (steering wheel, springs, swap bar, etc.)
gprotein
ITRCA Member

Post by gprotein »

mkiert wrote:
Still for sale! I've had a few offers for $15k, but no one has actually come to see/drive it. I find that odd.
Why so odd? They are kids, can't fetch the cash. Let's face it, we owns kid's car. But it's so damn fun to drive.
mitsuboost
New ITRCA Member

Post by mitsuboost »

are you negotiable with this price or no
mkiert
New ITRCA Member

Post by mkiert »

Wanna trade?
Thanks for the offer, but no.
BTW, do you have any of the stock parts?
Yes and no. I DON'T have the stock steering wheel or springs. I DO have the stock headlights and intake manifold to go along with the Catz HIDs and AEBS manifold that have been on the car since I bought it. All the other mods were gifts and were never installed. They are all new in the box, because I was hesitant to go down the road of modifying a car like this. But then again, I have no need to hang on to these parts, so I'm including them in the sale as well. That's effectively $900 or so of brand new, top-of-the-line suspension goodies for someone who wants to go to the track and get optimum performance out of the chassis and tires. I also have some other random extras: an extra set of pads and rotors, oil filters, hardware, and that kind of thing. (Hey, I like to be prepared.)
Let's face it, we owns kid's car. But it's so damn fun to drive.
You're right. This is the car I HAD to have when I was younger. And it is what everyone said it was. Raw. Beautiful. Precise. And rewarding. Now that I've lived the dream and am ready to move on to other things, I think selling it is the right thing to do. I'm not wealthy enough to hold a museum piece in my garage the rest of my life. I have other interests, expenses, and investments to fund. I'm not a kid anymore and I don't commute on the Nurburgring (although what a fantasy world that would be!). My next sports car is going to be fast without the flash. Comfortable over long drives and unsuspecting enough that I can leave it in a parking lot without fear of someone dinging it, jackin it, or staring at it too long. I've been babying and protecting the Type R for too long. It's just time to grow up.
are you negotiable with this price or no
There is some room for negotiation, but I know what the car is worth and will not accept any ripoffs. Considering the condition, the mileage, the maintenance history, and everything the car comes with, I think my asking price is a very reasonable starting point.

A few more pics: