Alignment/corner weight party....6/25??

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
Dave_B

Re: Alignment/corner weight party....6/25??

Post by Dave_B »

Yes, and never had a single issue with them slipping. Of course, I'm not an idiot and "roughed" up the area where the joint sits. But never ran into issues with them.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

The ones on my car went on me at expo last year. I got rid of them a week later for stock.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Dave_B wrote:Yes, and never had a single issue with them slipping. Of course, I'm not an idiot and "roughed" up the area where the joint sits. But never ran into issues with them.
how many miles/track events might that be? ;)

Mine slipped after about a year and a half of daily driving/trips and 8-10 track events. Then continued to slip over and over no matter what I did with them. Then I threw them in the garbage and couldn't be happier.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

I had them on the GSR (because my stock ones needed new ball joints) from 06 until I let the car go last year. Never had any issues with them either.
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Erik, possibly, but I never, after I put them on (in the very beginning) had an issue with them. They are still on the car today.

Furthermore, I had them on the black R, on the street for 20k miles or so without issues or slipping as well.

elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

And I had the black R for maybe 3k miles and they slipped at Expo the first time I tracked it.

No chance for slipping with the stock UCAs and they work just fine for 98% of us.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Wifey confirmed, we are coming.

Chris, was that after you guys did the suspension swap?

elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

Dave_B wrote:Wifey confirmed, we are coming.

Yes, but I did the a week after I got the car home. I had an alignment done on the car a week before Expo, and the S2 UCAs were adjusted properly before I pulled the car off the rack. I was there helping the tech adjust and watched him tighten each bolt myself, so I know it wasn't a human error.

I read the stuff about roughing up the surface to help the bolts hold, or doing other things to improve it, but swapping out was the best route.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Dave_B wrote:Erik, possibly, but I never, after I put them on (in the very beginning) had an issue with them. They are still on the car today.

Furthermore, I had them on the black R, on the street for 20k miles or so without issues or slipping as well.
cool. I wasn't knocking you for not driving the car, but just pointing out that in some cases it has taken awhile and a good bit of hard use, but they still did slip. Jay, that's quite rare for yours to go so long with no issues. Guess you were lucky
-Erik

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Dave_B wrote:Wifey confirmed, we are coming.

excellent news.
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Erik95LS wrote:
Dave_B wrote:Erik, possibly, but I never, after I put them on (in the very beginning) had an issue with them. They are still on the car today.

cool. I wasn't knocking you for not driving the car, but just pointing out that in some cases it has taken awhile and a good bit of hard use, but they still did slip. Jay, that's quite rare for yours to go so long with no issues. Guess you were lucky
Understood. I guess however having 2 cars with it, both done the same way, and used in 2 different manors I would have expected one or the other to have an issue.

Given that the PY runs -4.5 degree's of camber (recommended by Toyo for R888's) I would use/install them again.

elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

Dave_B wrote:Given that the PY runs -4.5 degree's of camber (recommended by Toyo for R888's) I would use/install them again.
That's the ONLY reason I would run them again is if I needed it for that reason, but I never will so I'm good there. :)
2000 FBP ITR #0288
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

elambz wrote:
Dave_B wrote:Given that the PY runs -4.5 degree's of camber (recommended by Toyo for R888's) I would use/install them again.
That's the ONLY reason I would run them again is if I needed it for that reason, but I never will so I'm good there. :)
I know, you sell your cars before you can even drive them :P
-Erik

Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

LOL, I have average just .85 of a year, on all cars since I was 15. Obviously some I have owned for longer, but that is the average. Shortest I remember was 2 weeks on an EG. :)

Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

let's see I've owned 3 cars. One for 8 months (so far), one for 3 years, and one for 11 years. haha
-Erik

CivicBeater
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by CivicBeater »

Friggin ryan quoted a post here and has that convo going in OT BS thread. LOL Took me a minute to figure out why we have two threads going on with the same posts
-Eric
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

Same here. Ryan just likes to mess with people's heads.
2000 FBP ITR #0288
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

I think his point was that we were going OT in Yacks thread.

cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Erik95LS wrote:

Yeah, and they were on the crap roads of Chicago too, so they took a beating. Who knows, maybe the salt seized them up! :P I actually pb blasted them twice a year as well as anti-seized the crap out of them installing. I roughed them up a bit before installing, used some star washers too I think. They were great, honestly.

I'm curious if Nathaniel has them on still, and if so, have they slipped with him yet.

Maybe it's because I ran stock suspension? I know Lance had the older version of the arms, and last I checked, he was ok. He was on stock for a long time.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

I should add that I always wanted that SPC or whatever it was, those looked nice. They were really expensive though.

I'm stock UCAs on the current car and probably won't change it.
BlueR
ITRCA Member

Post by BlueR »

i'm the one that sold lance his set like 8 years ago lol
R-Speed
Little_Nolan
ITRCA Member

Post by Little_Nolan »

cheezthis wrote:
Erik95LS wrote:

Yeah, and they were on the crap roads of Chicago too, so they took a beating. Who knows, maybe the salt seized them up! :P I actually pb blasted them twice a year as well as anti-seized the crap out of them installing. I roughed them up a bit before installing, used some star washers too I think. They were great, honestly.

I'm curious if Nathaniel has them on still, and if so, have they slipped with him yet.

Maybe it's because I ran stock suspension? I know Lance had the older version of the arms, and last I checked, he was ok. He was on stock for a long time.

They are still on the car! they seem to be rusted up pretty well, so I just left them alone and have fiddeled with em yet lol... I have had the car aligned after I the Koni/GC setup on. I couldnt tell you if it has slipped at all, I do not have the wisdom to tell one way or the other.

If you ever ran the car on R comps even with the stock suspension, then I assume it would have slipped then, I am just running from Z1 stars... from what I have heard you were pretty quik in that car 8)
I KILL car thieves.
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Never really ran r-comps on track with that car actually, wasn't given the chance...stars never aligned so to speak, ha. That car's track miles are probably 90% Azenis when I had it. You can get quick on those tires if you nurse them right, do not overdrive, and make the most of laps 2 and 3. :P After that, time to ease off as they will heat up a bit too much...and in my case, turn blue.
B18CXr
ITRCA Member

Post by B18CXr »

I won "a few" races on the stock units.....

OEM FTW
Yack-
2002 Honda Challenge H1 Champion
Neptune, Apexi, AEM EMS certified tuner
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

cheezthis wrote:Never really ran r-comps on track with that car actually, wasn't given the chance...stars never aligned so to speak, ha. That car's track miles are probably 90% Azenis when I had it. You can get quick on those tires if you nurse them right, do not overdrive, and make the most of laps 2 and 3. :P After that, time to ease off as they will heat up a bit too much...and in my case, turn blue.
I would l love to have a thread devoted to this type of tire information with input from you/others with extensive track experience. I know several of us could really benefit from this type of information (me).
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472