Why is my teg so slow

Discuss HPDE, wheel to wheel, autocross, rally, rally-cross, drag racing topics here.
94vtec2tone
New ITRCA Member

Why is my teg so slow

Post by 94vtec2tone »

im car 220 just so you guys know, and 226 cause the guy screwed up

this is my dyno graph.

is there something im missing. i cant understand how the teg is so dam slow. need help

went back this weekend and best of 15.1. i know i got a lil whistle from intake or smoething simple. but with that graph how am i not breaking 14s easy
Dave_B

Re: Why is my teg so slow

Post by Dave_B »

It's your 60' times. IIRC they should be around 2.0~1.9.

What are you launching the car at? Are you dumping the clutch or feathering? Any wheel hop/spin?
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
94vtec2tone
New ITRCA Member

Post by 94vtec2tone »

the first time i took it out. tire pressure was 35psi or so and dumped at 2k anymore wheel spin was excessive. best 60 ft was a 2.45 or so.

this time i took it out. tried stock pressure and slipping but it was my first time so i wastn very good

i dropped to like 25 my last 2 runs still trying to slip at like 3k and wasnt busting any good 60ts.

advice would be great
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

Bring pressure down to about 20 lbs and launch at 5k. You want just a little bit of spin (not hop) as it hooks, the car should be in Vtec.

While 5k sounds a bit much, when you feather the clutch it doesn't shock the drivetrain. Yes, it does eat up a little clutch... but you are racing. Gotta pay to play.

94vtec2tone
New ITRCA Member

Post by 94vtec2tone »

ok i will try that next time out.

and ya i dumped it over 10times last time and my clutch springs are definetley on ther eway out.

and the teg dont hop with the innovative motor mounts man so im safe.

just feather 5k and go is what your saying. i definetely will give that a good try
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

94vtec2tone wrote:ok i will try that next time out.

and ya i dumped it over 10times last time and my clutch springs are definetley on ther eway out.

and the teg dont hop with the innovative motor mounts man so im safe.

just feather 5k and go is what your saying. i definetely will give that a good try
Yes, at 5k your close to Vtec engagement. You want the Vtec to engage as your tires catch. And when I say spin, I don't mean much.

94vtec2tone
New ITRCA Member

Post by 94vtec2tone »

ya man im new to drag racing and car aint in tip top shape but its pretty good. need to do a few thins to it. so maybe this week or maybe not ill try to take it out and try that. cant do it much on a stock clutch lol. thanks for the advice man