What would YOU like to see this place become or changed here

Anything goes? Well, if you keep it clean and aren't obnoxious.
Dave_B

What would YOU like to see this place become or changed here

Post by Dave_B »

So, here it is... what would YOU like to see done on this site, format changes, addition or deletion of sections or anything else you can think of.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
Willard
SLEESTACK

Re: What would YOU like to see this place become or changed here

Post by Willard »

peeps posting... :roll:
:lol:
'84 242ti (bent, in storage)
'04 Pilot EX
'08 Fit sport
#01-0154 PY = sold :(
{9 ITR Expo's IAR!!}
Dave_B

Post by Dave_B »

LOL, yeah that would help a bit.
http://www.picperformance.com

PIC Performance and Amsoil authorized distributor.
cmdR430
ITRCA Member

Post by cmdR430 »

Willard wrote:peeps posting... :roll:
:lol:
agreed...

This format(web design) or whatever you call it does not bother me.....
-Cameron

97' ITR #127
09' ASM SI 4 DR
09' CRV EX-L
Sold- 98' ITR #430 00' ITR #296
itrsteez
Half way to a cool title.

Post by itrsteez »

You already know what I think

Cough ough zeroforum cough cough
WTB: Gunmetal USDM ITR Wheels
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Whats going on? Is Tekh done or do we know that yet?
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

get RIGHT wrote:Whats going on? Is Tekh done or do we know that yet?
page 1299 on the bs thread as a thing that derek sent me today via PM on a local site.
get RIGHT
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by get RIGHT »

Thanks, I just realized this wasnt the BS thread. :P
98spec022
ITRCA Member

Post by 98spec022 »

Personally I don't understand the attachment to a specific forum package's layout.

I visit so many different forums during the course of a day and they all have their own unique formatting, I just get used to it.
Doespike

Post by Doespike »

Werd, just need to keep the traffic here. Eff zeroforum...so much drama over it. Eff it.
-Joe - ITR RegistRar
98-0309...Born 1/22/1998.
ITR Expo!
98 CW ITR 322
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by 98 CW ITR 322 »

I'm with the ghey ITR jockey/deerhunter/burned out accountant, nothing wrong with this ole' haus. :P
quote - Dawn, Destroyer of Worlds
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

We considered using zeroforum last year for itrexpo.com, but there were two large drawbacks:
- cost is much higher than every other option by a large amount
- lack of support because they would not reply to any of our inquiries

Maybe that was due to the pending court case and such. Things might be different now, and we can look into it.

Personally, I do like zeroforum, but that's it. I do not understand why the ITR community has some huge attachment to it. The rest of honda-tech have adapted to a vb, which I'm not a fan of, but they're still going. I'm not suggesting vb, but there are other options.

It would have to come down to cost. If we can get zeroforum on our server instead of it being hosted by relynet for a reasonable cost, then that might work.
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

I never understood the attachment either. I do like ZF, but there are other good forum software.
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

cheezthis wrote:We considered using zeroforum last year for itrexpo.com, but there were two large drawbacks:
- cost is much higher than every other option by a large amount
- lack of support because they would not reply to any of our inquiries

Maybe that was due to the pending court case and such. Things might be different now, and we can look into it.

Personally, I do like zeroforum, but that's it. I do not understand why the ITR community has some huge attachment to it. The rest of honda-tech have adapted to a vb, which I'm not a fan of, but they're still going. I'm not suggesting vb, but there are other options.

It would have to come down to cost. If we can get zeroforum on our server instead of it being hosted by relynet for a reasonable cost, then that might work.
I like ZF as well, but as Jay said, they wouldn't reply to crap. In hindsight, they probably didn't care at the time since they obviously knew the lawsuit was coming. The support issues will likely be completely resolved assuming Dustin keeps ZF alive.

Personally I don't care which software we use, as long as there's an API of some sort to use the forum DB for access elsewhere on the site. Either way, the replacement forum will be used for both ITRCA and ITRExpo so the DB has to be accessible from both, although I can easily move ITRCA to the ITRExpo server anyways. So far ITRExpo's server/host has been doing fine.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
coolhandluke
401R

Post by coolhandluke »

I am, and will always be, for the the community. If the community is happy, I'm happy.

This site has its quirks, as most do, so I'm not not against the current format. I have some ideas but I don't feel this is a good format to discuss them in. All of them are to cater to long standing members of the community and deal directly with security.

I like ZF, but given what I'v heard about their support (or lack there of), I vote itrexpo and this site look at other options that offer support in the event of a catastrophe.
WTB: ODB1 VTEC Distributor!!!!!!!!!!!

2011 ITR Expo Calendar
http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=12472
cheezthis
Stripe = Awesome Gremlin

Post by cheezthis »

Dave is reaching out to Dustin. We will go from there accordingly. If that route does not work, we'll put something else together.

Believe it or not, this has something that has been on our burner for a long time, even before the h-t software change.
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

woot!

to be honest if that happened I'd say forget the section structure and lump it all into one forum category, I'm not sure if the traffic volume warrants a bazillion sections (except the classifieds)
elambz
I love tight jeans y0!

Post by elambz »

Am I the only person who likes vB? Of the lets say 10 forums I frequent, all but 2 are vB. Everyone complains about search, but I never have an issue with search on vB.

I don't think we need to change the forum software to make this place better. I don't think any of us really care what software it is, as long as the community is here. I mean, this is ITRCA, this is where the ITR community belongs don't you think?
2000 FBP ITR #0288
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

I know that one of the reasons I do not like posting here is that if I navagate thru the boards incorrectly, I get logged off. Sucks to log in 3-5 times a visit.

As far as ZF or what not, I do not care. I am not opposed to membership dues, if that is what needs to happen. Hell, maybe it'll weed out some of the ass-hats.
Dave-ROR
Site Admin

Post by Dave-ROR »

Comp97GSR wrote:I know that one of the reasons I do not like posting here is that if I navagate thru the boards incorrectly, I get logged off. Sucks to log in 3-5 times a visit.

As far as ZF or what not, I do not care. I am not opposed to membership dues, if that is what needs to happen. Hell, maybe it'll weed out some of the ass-hats.
How are you managing that??? I come back here 6 months later and the cookie still logs me in. I've never had that issue, unless you remove the www. (or add it), but that would happen with HT also.
-Dave
Some DC2s and a pimp Grand Marquis
Erik95LS
Banjo Viking

Post by Erik95LS »

Dave-ROR wrote:
Comp97GSR wrote:I know that one of the reasons I do not like posting here is that if I navagate thru the boards incorrectly, I get logged off. Sucks to log in 3-5 times a visit.

How are you managing that??? I come back here 6 months later and the cookie still logs me in. I've never had that issue, unless you remove the www. (or add it), but that would happen with HT also.
yeah, I'm wondering the same. Kramer strikes again. :lol:
-Erik

"i sneezed and jam came out" - R-Box
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

It seems that if I use the 'back' button rather than use the sites navi, it will boot me. Ever since the site update happened... in what??? 2007 it has been that way.

Regardless, lets call this how it is. We (ITR owners) want a forum that 1) we can rule , 2) that we or somebody can control who can access it, 3) and has no GK around. This site or something simular should fit the bill. It is up to us to buy into it and somebody dedicated to manage the site.

I know that this starts getting into waters that maybe ITRCA/Expo may not want to go, but has there been any REAL discussion on collecting a membership due to help with the costs (down payment) for future Expos?
Last edited by Comp97GSR on April 16th, 2010, 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Comp97GSR
Senior ITRCA Member

Post by Comp97GSR »

.. and wouldn't you know... I haven't had too much trouble with it today after the intial 2 log ins. :roll:
Asian G
ITRCA Member

Post by Asian G »

I would just like to see peeps come back home to the original site where it all began... ITRCA FTW!
US Combat Veteran
00 PY-R 0747
R.I.P. C.R.C. & 97 CW-R 0158 12/17/04
Parts F.S.: http://www.itrca.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=12541
itrsteez

Post by itrsteez »

Comp97GSR wrote:It seems that if I use the 'back' button rather than use the sites navi, it will boot me. Ever since the site update happened... in what??? 2007 it has been that way.

Regardless, lets call this how it is. We (ITR owners) want a forum that 1) we can rule , 2) that we or somebody can control who can access it, 3) and has no GK around. This site or something simular should fit the bill. It is up to us to buy into it and somebody dedicated to manage the site.

I know that this starts getting into waters that maybe ITRCA/Expo may not want to go, but has there been any REAL discussion on collecting a membership due to help with the costs (down payment) for future Expos?
Pretty much everybody is going to go where the action is, so as long as we stay persistent on keeping this place active it'll eventually work...